• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Camera Sounds

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I know this seems very minor, but how do I turn off the camera "click" sound when taking a still picture. I can't even find where to make it quieter. It is very loud even in the silent mode and that make it very diffecult to be discreet when taking a candid photo.

Posted · Report post

I know this seems very minor, but how do I turn off the camera "click" sound when taking a still picture. I can't even find where to make it quieter. It is very loud even in the silent mode and that make it very diffecult to be discreet when taking a candid photo.

In windows go to start>programs>accessories>entertainment>sound recorder. go to save as and call it blank.wav

copy blank.wav to the windows folder on your phone.

navigate to HKLM\system\pictures\camera\oem on your phone's registry.

change the SoundFile value to \windows\blank.wav

take silent pictures.

Posted · Report post

are these instructions for the q9h? because that file combination is immpossible on mine......

In windows go to start>programs>accessories>entertainment>sound recorder. go to save as and call it blank.wav

take silent pictures.

Posted (edited) · Report post

What file combination is impossible? Do you not have HKLM\system\pictures\camera\oem ?

One of the DWORD values is ShutterSoundVolume - at least on the devices I've looked at (not Q9) - if you have this you could try changing to 0

Edited by Confucious

Posted · Report post

yes, i have the q9h from att. there is no start in the windows folder and no programs in the start menu and no entertainment etc.....

What file combination is impossible? Do you not have HKLM\system\pictures\camera\oem ?

One of the DWORD values is ShutterSoundVolume - at least on the devices I've looked at (not Q9) - if you have this you could try changing to 0

Posted · Report post

the zero in the reg editor worked like a charm. thx. know how to load/run rar files like the pocketsnes? know how to remove/disable the 3g animation on startup/shtdown????

Posted · Report post

take silent pictures.

wher eto find HKLM on Q9h ......i dont have it , i think ...just trying to follow the path which u have given

Posted · Report post

Do you know how to edit your registry? If you don't know where HKLM is then you're probably best leaving it alone rather than risking bricking your machine.

What was wrong with my alternative suggestion?