• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Windows Mobile 6.1

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all.

I Just bought an Orange spv m700. Original owner has debranded it and installed WM 6.1

Device name: HTC_P3600i

Model NO: TRIN100

Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional

ROM version 3.03.751.5

ROM Date: 04/01/08

Radio Version: 1.16.00.00

Protocol Version: 32.53.7018.01H

I can't find any reviews online from user using WM 6.1

To tell you the truth I see little difference from WM5! (and I prefer the blue spec of WM5 to the green WM6.1)

Can anyone help dish the good and the bad? :D

Posted

In my experience, moving forwards is always a good idea. If you don't like the blue, you can always change the theme.

You will find that a lot of apps will work faster and more efficiently on a newer os.

Posted

In my experience, moving forwards is always a good idea. If you don't like the blue, you can always change the theme.

You will find that a lot of apps will work faster and more efficiently on a newer os.

Hi Fox,

Thanks for replying.

I've read that upgrading ROM's can knock out the GPS receiver? which is my main concern at the moment:

The advice online is to select "NMEA GPC receiver" and COM9 (from the screen shown below)

COM3: GPS in COM9

COM7: RIL on COM6:

S2410 IRDA

However, I still get no GPS signal, indoors or out. Don't know what to do!

Any ideas? :D

Posted

I've sorted it, incase anyone with the same problem reads this post:

The problem was the old radio ROM flashed when unlocking the phone. I managed to get in touch with the original owner and he sent me a link to an an .exe file which I downloaded, ran whilst activesynced to my phone, and voila! I now have radio ROM 1.50.08.11. Tomtom 6.03 now successfully works using settings "other NMEA GPS receiver" with "GPS baud rate 115200" and "GPS in Com9"!

Hope this helps others,

Matt :D