Windows Mobile 6.1

Guest Mattster_SPV

Guest Mattster_SPV

Hi all.

I Just bought an Orange spv m700. Original owner has debranded it and installed WM 6.1

Device name: HTC_P3600i

Model NO: TRIN100

Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional

ROM version 3.03.751.5

ROM Date: 04/01/08

Radio Version: 1.16.00.00

Protocol Version: 32.53.7018.01H

I can't find any reviews online from user using WM 6.1

To tell you the truth I see little difference from WM5! (and I prefer the blue spec of WM5 to the green WM6.1)

Can anyone help dish the good and the bad? :D

Guest WearTheFoxHat

In my experience, moving forwards is always a good idea. If you don't like the blue, you can always change the theme.

You will find that a lot of apps will work faster and more efficiently on a newer os.

Guest Mattster_SPV
In my experience, moving forwards is always a good idea. If you don't like the blue, you can always change the theme.

You will find that a lot of apps will work faster and more efficiently on a newer os.

Hi Fox,

Thanks for replying.

I've read that upgrading ROM's can knock out the GPS receiver? which is my main concern at the moment:

The advice online is to select "NMEA GPC receiver" and COM9 (from the screen shown below)

COM3: GPS in COM9

COM7: RIL on COM6:

S2410 IRDA

However, I still get no GPS signal, indoors or out. Don't know what to do!

Any ideas? :D

Guest Mattster_SPV

I've sorted it, incase anyone with the same problem reads this post:

The problem was the old radio ROM flashed when unlocking the phone. I managed to get in touch with the original owner and he sent me a link to an an .exe file which I downloaded, ran whilst activesynced to my phone, and voila! I now have radio ROM 1.50.08.11. Tomtom 6.03 now successfully works using settings "other NMEA GPS receiver" with "GPS baud rate 115200" and "GPS in Com9"!

Hope this helps others,

Matt :D