playing movies on HTC Touch Elf

Guest banners

Guest banners

Newbie post...Have researched this but found nothing anywhere about this... so here goes.

Am having trouble playing films from my memory card.

I'm trying to save some large files (.AVI) in the usual windows media format, same as the phone (on a UK Tmobile MDA Touch Plus (aka HTC Touch Elf)) but am UNABLE to play them on the phone, but they work fine on the PC, using the same program?

Smaller downloaded files (eg 20Mb) work fine.

Please can someone help me with the settings / file types required or what I need to do to be able to play videos on this great phone. (I am talking about files that are 500mb plus).

Thanks

Banners

Guest banners
I followed the instructions on the following link, and it worked well.

Not sure about your choice of film, but I'll try this later on.... thanks for the information !

Guest TheNorm
Not sure about your choice of film, ...

I suppose you are right - I was a bit concerned when I saw the main character had a green tinge to him.

Perhaps the best film for testing would have lots of flesh tones. :D

Edited by TheNorm

Guest banners
I suppose you are right - I was a bit concerned when I saw the main character had a green tinge to him.

Still can't get it to work.

Have converted the film exactly as per the website. Very easy to do, which is nice.

Everytime I try and open the file from File Manager, I get "Cannot play the File". I convert it, move to the Storage card using ActivSync, then try and open it on the phone.

I can't seem to work out what's going wrong!

Any help please?

Cheers,

Banners

• 2 months later...
Guest banners
i would sugest trying another player mate:-

try TCPMP player:- its free! :D

http://www.gsmindia.in/forum/showthread.php?t=2232

Then you can user DivX encoded AVI files :D

Its working fine now. What a great application ! I recommend to all, and its very user friendly.

Does anyone have any tips on coding downloaded films to DVD player format so I can play it on my cheap player from currys ? Recommendations please?

Thanks all. A great site.

Banners