Facebook Questions

Guest Tikky7

Guest Tikky7

I have several question in regards to Facebook and I wanted to place them in a list format for people to take a stab at it.

• How can you access Facebook's Full Site. I try in PIE to click on Full Site and it takes me to Facebooks login screen but when I enter my credentials and press login the page load shows 0kb and I am still stuck on the login screen! The only problem is that now the Login button is disabled even though it is still visible. So you cannot click on it again to try to login. It might have to come to a point where I may have to download a new IE like OperaMini but I would like to find out which one works best first.
    • In the Pocket version of Facebook how can someone save the pictures they see on screen onto the phone? I am looking for an easier method then searching through the Temporary Internet Files directory to find the pic that I need.

• Another picture related question is, how can you obtain the full sized imaged and not the small microscopic version. I am getting headaches from squintting.

[*]Has anyone noticed that searching for someone on Pocket Facebook sometimes does not work as well as it does in the full version. Meaning if you type an email address of the person you are looking for in the full version it works but on the pocket version it does not.

If you have similar questions or dilemmas please feel free to add it to this thread.

Guest Tikky7

I already have but they have not contacted me yet for their latest release of SkyFire browser. If you happen to have the previous release I wouldn't mind looking at it though :D

For the time being however I need an alternative!

Guest sfleuriet

I use Opera Mobile. When I want to go to the standard computer version of Facebook, I go into the Opera settings and change it from Mobile Device to Computer (basically it stops telling the websites you are on a mobile device).

opra mini sucks, its fast at loading pages, but when i try to login to anything it just repops up to the login screen :D otehr than that, its a great browser, better than pie, which BLOWS. THEY REALLY NEED to upgrade that. or i hear mozilla is making a mobile version, ::crosses fingers::

How can you access Facebook's Full Site. I try in PIE to click on Full Site and it takes me to Facebooks login screen but when I enter my credentials and press login the page load shows 0kb and I am still stuck on the login screen! The only problem is that now the Login button is disabled even though it is still visible. So you cannot click on it again to try to login. It might have to come to a point where I may have to download a new IE like OperaMini but I would like to find out which one works best first.

LAWL a new browser*

IE = internet explorer, aka a product of microsoft.

Guest dearsina

1. You can't use PIE to log-in to the desktop version of Facebook as it uses certain portions of javascript that PIE doesn't understand.

2. There is no way of saving pictures on PIE.

3. This has nothing to do with what browser you pick, but rather a strange choice by the Facebook developers to limit the size of mobile pictures.

4. I haven't tested it, but there might very well be something to it.

My pet peeve is that you cannot remove events from the mobile browser, and the pictures thing you mentioned. Also, why on earth isn't there a Facebook app for Windows Mobile like the one for the Crackberry? Makes me want to switch...

Guest Tikky7

Actually I have tried Opera Mini 4.1 and it is not that bad and I can access the Facebook full site and view all pictures in high quality (full size). However what happens now is if I try to open an image and save it I get this exception: "Error javax.microedition.io.Connector.file.read was denied"

I believe that this was an issue with MIDlets not being signed but Opera states that they have started signing their MIDlets I am still searching on the web to find a solution to this problem. Just don't have much time to do so right now so I would appreciate if someone who has already gone through this headache to post the steps or to point to a thread which explains what must be done.