The official HTC Touch Diamond 'Ask Paul' thread

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest its_millertime22

Hi Paul, just received my press HTC Touch Diamond - have you been able to get the YouTube app to work? Mine just says downloading... and never actually displays any video lists. This is via either cell network and wifi.

Guest Joost39

I luv this Diamond the formfactor, the build, TT7 - the only downside is actually WM6.1.

I just cant get it to sync with the office exchangeserver, not on this unit or on my P750 with WM6.1 - no problems with WM6.0 at all?

(its not HTC`s fault - but a Windows problem/issue)

Going to order one of these today....was going with play but the price has gone up now :D

Thinking of going with expansys as their returns policy is spot on incase i change my mind.

With expansys getting the early imports...and me posssibley getting one of these.

Is the only difference the updated faster european rom?

Thanks

Guest Joost39
Joost39 - what's the error you're getting?

P

@P

I´m getting the support code 0x8503001C - and have tried everything, can only sync with the MS Exchangeserver if I uncheck Calender + Contacts and then it works?

But wont work with either Calendar or Contacts.

Guest Thumper Net

so you finally got one paul :D the biggest problem i have with my diamond is the overheating . i downloaded dr who which took 3hours on wifi ,the diamond was soo hot also it lost nearly all the icons as well even the system ones.has anyone tryed the car charging ? as for me it blows the car fuse when the diamond gets hot,only way i can do it is to have the airco pointed to the device ,heat is a major problem and battery life could have been better,the latest rom is faster on touch 3d as well :

• 3 weeks later...
Guest stretchie

Got my Diamond, cracking phone except that the screen turns off seconds into a call, I can't find an option in the settings that refers to this. It is VERY annoying if for example you ring an automated service (press 1 for this.. 2 for..) as you have to keep pulling the phone away and turning the screen back on every couple of seconds...

And I'm having trouble getting my orange.net e-mail to work. I've had the guys on 150 talk me through adding the Orange GPRSWap connection on then adding my e-mail account but it only allows me to receive e-mail and will not send any??

Apart from that, fantastic phone so far.

Guest markshell

Hi Got my Diamond today and been playing with to see all its tricks and generally very pleased. Im pretty familiar with the OS etc as i have a Tytn II. My main question is that when you sync your windows media player music files it doesnt seem to import the album cover artwork, its there on my PC but not on the Diamond. very frustrating when it looks so good when you can flip the album covers over and they are not there... any ideas?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.