Site Notice - We are currently investigating an issue with missing download links. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. PaulOBrien

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stylus stuck

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The end of the stylus has come off on my M3100 and the stylus is now stuck inside the phone. I rang OrangeCare (care? Yeah right) who told me they do not repair, but only replace phones and as the phone is in usable condition (I suggested it wasn't as the stylus is not working) they will not touch it.

Any ideas how to get the stylus out without breaking warranty/t & c?

Posted · Report post

The end of the stylus has come off on my M3100 and the stylus is now stuck inside the phone. I rang OrangeCare (care? Yeah right) who told me they do not repair, but only replace phones and as the phone is in usable condition (I suggested it wasn't as the stylus is not working) they will not touch it.

Any ideas how to get the stylus out without breaking warranty/t & c?

I've done this and removed the old shaft with needle nosed pliers. Push the remaining stubb of plastic into the stylus shaft, then open the jaws in the hole it creates in the shaft and gently ease out pressing the jaws to the sides.

M.S

Posted · Report post

Orange muppets, what a weak argument! It clearly should be replaced since part of it - the stylus - is unusable!

P

Posted · Report post

Orange muppets, what a weak argument! It clearly should be replaced since part of it - the stylus - is unusable!

P

I'm challenging them on it as the insurance T&C say:

"Phone means A mobile telephone or device approved by Orange for connection to its network consisting of a handset standard battery travel charger SIM card and other equipment purchased by You as part of a standard package and agreed by the Insurer."

Since the stylus is part of the standard package, it means that the fault should be repaired by them.

Posted · Report post

Since the stylus is part of the standard package, it means that the fault should be repaired by them.

Is it really worth it? You can get it out yourself and buy a new stylus ( genuine voda V1605 ones on fleabay are a couple of quid) for a lot less than their £15 orangecare administration charge...

M.S

Posted · Report post

I've done this and removed the old shaft with needle nosed pliers. Push the remaining stubb of plastic into the stylus shaft, then open the jaws in the hole it creates in the shaft and gently ease out pressing the jaws to the sides.

M.S

Tried that - there's a small portion of rubber left in the shaft, but not enough to get a strong enough grip to pull it out.

Posted · Report post

Tried that - there's a small portion of rubber left in the shaft, but not enough to get a strong enough grip to pull it out.

Push the plastic ( it's not rubber ) hard and it will fall away into the shaft. Or use a soldering iron and gently melt it away until there is enough metal exposed to grip onto the shaft. Oh-er.

M.S

Posted · Report post

Push the plastic ( it's not rubber ) hard and it will fall away into the shaft. Or use a soldering iron and gently melt it away until there is enough metal exposed to grip onto the shaft. Oh-er.

M.S

Or go to the nearest Orange repair centre, explain the problem, hear them say ring Orangecare, call Orangecare suitably annoyed (again), and get a new handset delivered to your home the next day.

Posted · Report post

Or go to the nearest Orange repair centre, explain the problem, hear them say ring Orangecare, call Orangecare suitably annoyed (again), and get a new handset delivered to your home the next day.

Hope you backed it up / saved your texts / pics / contacts etc.... and heaven help you if you've activated tomtom more than once in the last 6 months!

Personally for such a simple issue easily fixed I wouldn't have bothered with orange care. Next time you ring them with a real issue they'll charge you the £15 even if they didn't this time...

M.S

Posted · Report post

Hope you backed it up / saved your texts / pics / contacts etc.... and heaven help you if you've activated tomtom more than once in the last 6 months!

Of course! And I don't use TomTom - no need for it.