Got my Touch Pro Today :)

Guest FragaL

Guest FragaL

After selling my 3g iPhone yesterday (for £550 lol) my Touch Pro from Handec arrived at work this morning :D

First impression, OMG what a box lol

Being at work I can't really play with it too much so its on charge at the moment and I will have a play tonight. I did turn it on and go through the setup on startup and had a quick look through the menu's though :D

The quality of the screen is amazing, once booted it runs super smooth and fast.

I'm really glad I chopped the iPhone in for one of these so thought i would list the bugs i had with the iPhone and why i went for the Touch Pro.

iPhone Glitches

SMS & Email typing bug. Basically when typing goes really slow and not useable.

3g connection utter rubbish, only runs at half speed of the HTC and when you do get a connection half the time it times out. I had full 3g signal and page timed out?? Also when losing 3g service it fails to drop to Edge or GPRS sometimes so wont ever connect.

Plastic case very easy to scratch, i only used mine indoors for a few hours and already there were hair line scratches on the back.

App Store apps are rubbish, some of the games are ok but 95% is pointless and the stuff thats ok you have to pay for.

No picture messaging bugged me alot.

There are some good things about the iPhone but people seem to hype about the slick non crashing operating system all the time, well trust me I've had both iPhones new and old and had my fair share of lock-ups and glitches. Windows mobile has come along way and I think it will be a while before the iPhone trumps what i think is the best windows mobile ive seen yet!

I will have a play and report back later, but so far im super happy with the HTC.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FragaL

Well its been just over a week and apart from having to reset it once it has been solid. I think the lock-up might have been my doing as i was playing with multiple things at once.

I have appied some tweaks from xda-dev, cache sizes, touch-flo tweaks, disable sms conversations etc and I must say I am really happy with the phone. The screens run nice and fast, the internet is great, music plays ok and well its just always nice to paly with lol

The only software i have had a problem with is TCPMP as if kept crashing and creating a crash text file for some reason so was considering core player? Does anyone have any thoughts on what could cause the crash or if core player is any better?

Cheers

Guest rhedgehog

check which version of TCPMP you are using. bear in mind that TCPMP has not been updated in over a year.

I think Mr Vanx at XDA-devs found a version that worked well with the pro, but the next update of coreplayer should be pretty good, once they've had a chance to test and update it for the diamond and the pro.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest VulakAerr

I'm running the latest version of CorePlayer and it hasn't crashed once. It has some strange screen artifacts when playing videos over TV-Out but a fiddle with the video settings on the player itself sorted that out nicely.