What navigation is being used

Guest Fizz_daz

Guest Fizz_daz

So.. I got my omnia now and it's being a pain in that it's either a PDA or a phone.. never quite both at the same time.. but getting used to it.. however I had TT5 on my e650 and with this new one I need a navigator.. I have seen the slightly not legal versions of TT7 floating around but they seem a pain to get to work.. anyone using anything else that just installs and works and is as nice as TT7?

Guest awarner (MVP)

Give it time for people to reply, remember you postedin a new section of the site and it may take time for other uses populate this area.

There are plently of other GPS appliction people use with the most popular after TomTom being CoPilot and iGO.

The one thing to do is contact the developers and make sure the applications will work on your screen resolution.

Technically they should work but I would prefer to ask questions first before spending money to find out you have problems.

Guest Confucious

In the UK TomTom and CoPilot are the most popular - my favourite being CP7 although Paul prefers iGo which seems to be very popular in Australia and very difficult to get hold of in the UK!

Guest Neil5459

I've tried all of the mainstream ones, and like iGO8 the best, though it's not officially available in UK yet (I was a Beta tester so have a legit copy!)

TTN and CPL are pretty equal in my opinion, but some of us have seen major routing inaccuracies with CPL in some areas- not sure why, but it often chooses a route 15-20% longer (in time or distance) than either iGO or TomTom would choose.

iGO needs a free expansion card slot and the application can't (legally) be moved to a bigger card; TomTom have some onerous licensing conditions once you've registered it on more than one device (if upgrading etc)

Guest Fizz_daz
I've tried all of the mainstream ones, and like iGO8 the best, though it's not officially available in UK yet (I was a Beta tester so have a legit copy!)

TTN and CPL are pretty equal in my opinion, but some of us have seen major routing inaccuracies with CPL in some areas- not sure why, but it often chooses a route 15-20% longer (in time or distance) than either iGO or TomTom would choose.

iGO needs a free expansion card slot and the application can't (legally) be moved to a bigger card; TomTom have some onerous licensing conditions once you've registered it on more than one device (if upgrading etc)

what about specifically on the I900 though.. nothing seems to support it and the dodgy versions of TT7 all seem to have issues with getting the internal GPS to function properly...

I love Tomtom though for it's ease of use but gettign a version that's just load and go.. there's another story..

Guest Neil5459

Is there a problem with the GPS? It should be a standard setup. The only issue may well be the unusual screen size, but I think all the main programs can adapt to that.

If TT7 won't work, TT6 should, but I've no personal experience. As long as you know/can find out the GPS COM port, all should be workable.

Guest Fizz_daz
I have got TT7 working with my Omnia

you see you can't buy TT7... so.. I was looking aruond for something else that works with the gps on the omnia.. obviously nothing states they are compatable at the moment due to the fact it's a new phone.. So I was asking if people were running other navigation software... If people have TT7 running I would like to know where they got it from :D

Guest blackhorse
you see you can't buy TT7... so.. I was looking aruond for something else that works with the gps on the omnia.. obviously nothing states they are compatable at the moment due to the fact it's a new phone.. So I was asking if people were running other navigation software... If people have TT7 running I would like to know where they got it from :D

I used the cab file that was designed for the diamond, tricked Tomtom home into thinking i had tomtom 702, purchased the maps

Little tweaking here and there, not 100% perfect but a nice go for a novice

Guest sqeclipse
I used the cab file that was designed for the diamond, tricked Tomtom home into thinking i had tomtom 702, purchased the maps

COuld you upload the files for tt7?

Guest Fizz_daz

not exactly what I was looking for.. bet you had to play with gps settings a lot too... I want something I can run off the shelf.. trying to find the right can etc. for tt7 is a nightmare...

Guest Omnia_1
not exactly what I was looking for.. bet you had to play with gps settings a lot too... I want something I can run off the shelf.. trying to find the right can etc. for tt7 is a nightmare...

ttn7 runs just fine, need to use gps gate together and have a working gprs or data settings. whereas igo8 runs out of the box

Guest Omnia_1
No need for GPSgate, just use 'Other NMEA GPS' at 4800 on COM3.

P

How long does it take you to get a fix? It may also be ROM version, which is yours please?

With GPS Gate it takes seconds (for me) without GPS Gate it takes a long long time. TTN7 7.450 (9030)

Guest blackhorse
How long does it take you to get a fix? It may also be ROM version, which is yours please?

With GPS Gate it takes seconds (for me) without GPS Gate it takes a long long time. TTN7 7.450 (9030)

About 10 seconds for me (without gate that is)

Guest blackhorse

As Paul says, GPS settings are a pinch.

I was reading that some people were paying for a gate program??!

Guest jmelville
I have got TT7 working with my Omnia

what's it like with the strange resolution? The screen was one of the best things on the diamond and tomtom looked fantasic. pity the battery life was so poor i had to send it back

I never got TT7 to work last time I tried on the F8 rom, not sure if G4 makes a difference but seeing as Tomtom has pretty much made it impossible to buy their software I am going with iGuidance when the new version is released.

Guest IZIIZI

I have managed to get TT7 running on mine also.

I used a naughty version from a torrent - I wish manufacturers would released programs / updates to their software in time for release of new phones. It would stop a lot of playing around and for 60 quid I would rather have given them and saved my many hours fiddling.