A Sideways slide to web action

Guest tsutton

Guest tsutton
thumb_27-Aug-2008_tmobile-sidekick-slide-announced-1.jpg
A Sideways slide to web action

Being Deaf myself, I keep my eyes out for a good mobile phone that are more suitable for Deaf/Hard of Hearing people like vibrating when there's a new email or text message arrives and that sort of thing.

I came across this review of this T-Mobile Sidekick Slide and thought I'd share this with you.

The new Motorola Sidekick Slide is said to be ideal for deaf users. Jamie Trounce tried it out.

My first impression of the Motorola Sidekick Slide was that it looks like the Nokia N-Gage, or even a hand-held games console. It’s designed to be held horizontally (landscape), rather than vertically (portrait), and it slides open to reveal a full QWERTY keyboard – hence the name.

It is a really well-built handset, and feels strong and solid in the hand, and the slider itself is strong without being overly resistant.

The keyboard buttons are small but not too small, while the main buttons are quite big and easy to use. The menus are navigated by use of a rolling “trackball”, making it very accessible for most people.

There's more to read at this link.

The only bad thing about this phone is the poor quality camera and the controls are a little complicated. But from what I can read, it's a good phone for Deaf and Hard of Hearing people.

Anyone using this phone? What do you think of this?

[Via: Disability Now]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.