Vodafone launches 'Text Unlimited' for PAYT

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

This just in from Vodafone...

vodalogo-20080829-133039.jpg
Unlimited Texts With Vodafone UK's New Deal For Pay As You Talk Customers

From September 1st 2008 Vodafone pay as you talk customers will get even more value when they top-up from as little as £5 a month with the launch of ‘Text Unlimited’.

Text Unlimited is a new pay as you talk price plan that rewards customers with unlimited texts according to how much they top up each month.

Text Unlimited is free to opt-in to for new and existing PAYT customers and can be activated by calling 2345. A customer’s total top-up value is calculated each month and a customer’s account is credited the corresponding text reward to use in the following month. There are three tiers to the plan and the more a customer tops up the more they will gain:

• Top up £5 during the month and receive unlimited texts weekday evenings in the following month*
  • Top up £10 and receive unlimited evening and weekend texts the following month
  • Top up £30 or more and receive unlimited texts to use at any time the following month

Text Unlimited is the first plan in the UK mobile market to give rewards to customers who top up as little as £5 each month. With the launch of Text Unlimited, Vodafone is simplifying its price plan and introducing Vodafone Simply, a new 20p flat rate for standard calls, reducing the cost of a peak rate call from 30p to 20p.

To mark the launch of Text Unlimited Vodafone UK will also be launching the Sony Ericsson K770i available in two exclusive colours, ‘Star Heaven Silver’ and ‘Touch of Pink’. The K770i comes with a 3.2 mp Cybershot camera and as it’s a 3G mobile it’s ideal for accessing the internet, updating social networks like Facebook and keeping up to date with emails. PAYT customers can have unlimited access to the internet and email for just £1 per day.

Text Unlimited follows other value initiatives for Vodafone customers including Vodafone Free Weekends and Vodafone Family. Free Weekends gives PAYT customers free texts at weekends when they spend £2.50 or free calls and texts at weekends when they spend £5 of their top-up during the week. Vodafone Family lets four Vodafone customers, PAYT or pay monthly, make unlimited free calls to one another when one person in the ‘Family’ pays £5. A plan for six people for £7 is also available.

Thoughts? £30 spend to get unlimited texts seems a little steep to me, but i'm not that well versed on the PAYT market...

P

Guest huwwatkins
This just in from Vodafone...

Thoughts? £30 spend to get unlimited texts seems a little steep to me, but i'm not that well versed on the PAYT market...

P

Compared to that the dolphin 35 tarrif on O seems like a bargain!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.