Bluetooth voice command

Guest Princy

Guest rob_jes
I'm using MS Voice Command - which works fantastically for me! I'm using a Nokia BH-208 headset which also works well. The one thing I cannot do is initialize voice command from my BT headset. I can initialize call commands from my phone with the push of a button and then it connects nicely to my headset with out further action on my part. As far as I'm concerned, this is only a bug in the feature that, sooner or later, will be resolved. Otherwise I can live with it just well. The microphone on the Omnia is so good that I have tried calling a command from 6 feet away (approx 2.5 meters), with normal voice, and it recognized it just fine. Obvoiusly, ambient noise will affect the result, but then realistically, we aren't necesarily going to have our phones any more than arm's reach when we are using BT anyway. Bottom line is... try MS Voice Command.

We can only hope that Samsung fixes the bug. It took a year for Samsung to fix this same bug in Blackjack.

Guest juanchi911
We can only hope that Samsung fixes the bug. It took a year for Samsung to fix this same bug in Blackjack.

Any solution for this problem ? someone found something ?

Guest savedid

QUOTE(Princy @ Sep 1 2008, 20:51) post_snapback.gifHi

Have been struggling with this for a few days now and I've scoured the internet looking for a solution but they only seem to apply to other devices so here goes.

I'm running the HH1/HG5 upgrade on my Omnia with voice command 1.6, my problem that all the commands run fine through the handset microphone but not through my bluetooth headset (a Jabra JX10 2 Cara). When trying to initiate the voice command function via the headset it beeps twice and the phone enters the "command receive mode" with the microphone icon appearing in the bar at the top of the screen, it's at this point things grind to a halt and nothing more happens.

The headset works with my N70 and N95 so it's not a headset fault and it appears to be a common issue with windows mobile 6 and 6.1, I've tried to find a workround for other devices that may work but the only suggestions are registry hacks that already seem to be in place.

Thanks in advance for any help with this .

Edited by savedid

Guest Decuarto

Hi,

I have the same problem on my Bluetooth kit car with my omnia, even with MS Voice Command, Cyberon Voice Speed Dial or Vito Voice2go => same result : I can run the dialer with the kit car but nothing happens in the speakers. The dialer only runs on the Omnia and the command is heard by the Omnia's microphone.

The most strange it's that I also have an HTC Touch Diamond wich is working perfectly on the kit car :

- same OS : Windows Mobile 6.1

- same dialer : Cyberon Voice Speed Dial 1.2 build 080227

- but more settings in the Bluetooth settings of Windows ?

It seems to be a problem from the ROM or Bluetooth driver or something like that.

There's a french branded ROM wich seems to work fine with MS Voice Command : the XHHG4 / AEHG4

But I can't find any dump for this ROM in order to try that...

Anybody has an idea : fixed ROM, Bluetooth driver's patch... ?

Thanks for help

There's a french branded ROM wich seems to work fine with MS Voice Command : the XHHG4 / AEHG4

Are you positive about this ? Have you seen this with your own eyes?

If so, I will try to locate a dump of this ROM.

Thanks,

Guest Decuarto

Unfortunately not with my own eyes.

That information is given by a user on a French forum : he can run Voice Command by his Bluetooth headset with his original ROM but not with his new ROM.

But if someone find a dump of this ROM, I can upload it on my device and give you a feedback.

Otherwise I would realy try with a more complete Bluetooth Driver and get the same settings than a Touch Diamond, but I found nothing like that for the moment...

Thanks for help.

Edited by Decuarto

Unfortunately not with my own eyes.

That information is given by a user on a French forum : he can run Voice Command by his Bluetooth headset with his original ROM but not with his new ROM.

But if someone find a dump of this ROM, I can upload it on my device and give you a feedback.

Otherwise I would realy try with a more complete Bluetooth Driver and get the same settings than a Touch Diamond, but I found nothing like that for the moment...

Thanks for help.

I speak French so if you could send me a link to that forum I can try to get a bit more information. This is THE issue for me with the Omnia...

Here for the link (need login)

In this thread you'll find more links that I posted (same forum)

But nothing about a dump from the XHHG4 / AEHG4

En effet, you're very active on this subject in that forum :-)

One thing that was not asked of the one member that confirms BT VC: was it shipped with the SFR ROM? If so, it explains why it worked...

Until someone gets a ROM dump of XHHG4/AEHG4 and analyse its content, I guess we have to keep looking. I will leave that forum to you, as I trust you will keep us posted here.

Guest Decuarto

Yes a little too active for my taste... About 4 threads for only one real problem !?

I think so for the device => like mine, purchased from SFR too... with the XHHG4/AEHG4... d'oh...!!!

Anyway, as for the dump as for the XHHG4/AEHG4, I don't think that it could be THE issue ?

I would have more hopes with a dump from the HTC bluetooth driver.

And if I get a dump from the XHHG4/AEHG4, I'll let you know...

...to be continued

Edited by Decuarto

has anybody tried this?

http://samsung-omnia.handster.com/programs...voice%20command

its title says "Microsoft Voice Command PPC International English version for Samsung Omnia voice command", which made me think this one was specially built for samsung omnia. it even announces:

New! Bluetooth hands free control: Bluetooth hands free control enhances your hands free eyes free experience and adds privacy to your spoken notifications. Now you can initiate a Voice Command interaction using a Bluetooth headset and some Hands free car kits*. You can also receive spoken notifications in a whisper mode through the Bluetooth headset keeping you privately up to date

Note: *Not all Bluetooth car kits route Bluetooth audio outside of a Call. Voice Commands Bluetooth functionality will not work properly on those car kits. The Bluetooth functionality does not currently work properly on the Samsung Blackjack Windows Mobile 5.0 Samsung Omnia voice commands prior to AKU3. Incoming caller ID announcements will be spoken via the phone speaker on Samsung Omnia voice commands with a Windows Mobile build prior to 15097.3.0.0. The example companies, organizations, products, people and events depicted herein are fictitious. No association with any real company, organization, product, person or event is intended or should be inferred.

if this works 100%, then i seriously consider buying it!!!

Guest vincentvan
has anybody tried this?

http://samsung-omnia.handster.com/programs...voice%20command

its title says "Microsoft Voice Command PPC International English version for Samsung Omnia voice command", which made me think this one was specially built for samsung omnia. it even announces:

New! Bluetooth hands free control: Bluetooth hands free control enhances your hands free eyes free experience and adds privacy to your spoken notifications. Now you can initiate a Voice Command interaction using a Bluetooth headset and some Hands free car kits*. You can also receive spoken notifications in a whisper mode through the Bluetooth headset keeping you privately up to date

Note: *Not all Bluetooth car kits route Bluetooth audio outside of a Call. Voice Commands Bluetooth functionality will not work properly on those car kits. The Bluetooth functionality does not currently work properly on the Samsung Blackjack Windows Mobile 5.0 Samsung Omnia voice commands prior to AKU3. Incoming caller ID announcements will be spoken via the phone speaker on Samsung Omnia voice commands with a Windows Mobile build prior to 15097.3.0.0. The example companies, organizations, products, people and events depicted herein are fictitious. No association with any real company, organization, product, person or event is intended or should be inferred.

if this works 100%, then i seriously consider buying it!!!

I have been reading the Handster's ad too (the one in the link you provided) and I already had my credit card in my hand when I started to read of people who could'nt make Voice Command to work on their Omnia and I put it back in my wallet.

I need voice dialling so much that I'm willing to buy MS VC even if I have to get a new stereo bluetooth headset and use the phone's mic to initiate the call (just as long as I can speak through the headset during the conversation), but as far as I understood To make Voice command work on the omnia even in this limited way you first have to install something you call " HH1/HG5.

I know I'm a total noob, but would you mind to explain me what this is?

Is it some sort of file to download on the Omnia?

If so, to what end?

And specially: where can it be found and how can it be installed?

Plese forgive me , I'm just a poor newbie on my first win mobile device after years of Nokias N95s.

I have been reading the Handster's ad too (the one in the link you provided) and I already had my credit card in my hand when I started to read of people who could'nt make Voice Command to work on their Omnia and I put it back in my wallet.

I need voice dialling so much that I'm willing to buy MS VC even if I have to get a new stereo bluetooth headset and use the phone's mic to initiate the call (just as long as I can speak through the headset during the conversation), but as far as I understood To make Voice command work on the omnia even in this limited way you first have to install something you call " HH1/HG5.

I know I'm a total noob, but would you mind to explain me what this is?

Is it some sort of file to download on the Omnia?

If so, to what end?

And specially: where can it be found and how can it be installed?

Plese forgive me , I'm just a poor newbie on my first win mobile device after years of Nokias N95s.

I remember when I first got my Omnia I spoke to these people, and they told me that essentially the text is generic and they did not in fact test VC with the Omnia. The same text is repeated depending on which device you choose...

However, VC version 6 will (and does for me) work with the Omnia in this fashion:

- If you initiate VC with a hard button on the phone, it will start using the Omnia Speaker and microphone (NOT the headset). If it is quiet VC will understand your commands and initiate a call. At that point, audio is transferred to your headset and you can continue normally.

If you use a Stereo BT headset (I tried it with a Jabra BT-8010), you get a little extra: after pressing the button on the Omnia to initiate VC, you hear all the audio generated by VC in your headset , but the BT microphone is still not turned on. Also, if you ask something like "What time is it" you will hear the VC answer in your headset (providing it is quiet enough for the Omnia microphone to pick up your command). So it is a little better than with a mono headset, but the microphone is still not turned on until a call is connected.

It is a problem with the BT Stack and it apparently took Samsung one year to solve this very same problem on the BlackJack...

BTW, HH1/HG5 refers to the firmware (ROM) version of your phone. VC will behave the way described here whatever your frimware revision (up to now).

Hope this helps.

Guest vincentvan
I remember when I first got my Omnia I spoke to these people, and they told me that essentially the text is generic and they did not in fact test VC with the Omnia. The same text is repeated depending on which device you choose...

However, VC version 6 will (and does for me) work with the Omnia in this fashion:

- If you initiate VC with a hard button on the phone, it will start using the Omnia Speaker and microphone (NOT the headset). If it is quiet VC will understand your commands and initiate a call. At that point, audio is transferred to your headset and you can continue normally.

If you use a Stereo BT headset (I tried it with a Jabra BT-8010), you get a little extra: after pressing the button on the Omnia to initiate VC, you hear all the audio generated by VC in your headset , but the BT microphone is still not turned on. Also, if you ask something like "What time is it" you will hear the VC answer in your headset (providing it is quiet enough for the Omnia microphone to pick up your command). So it is a little better than with a mono headset, but the microphone is still not turned on until a call is connected.

It is a problem with the BT Stack and it apparently took Samsung one year to solve this very same problem on the BlackJack...

BTW, HH1/HG5 refers to the firmware (ROM) version of your phone. VC will behave the way described here whatever your frimware revision (up to now).

Hope this helps.

Oh yes man, it sure helped a lot.

Thanks so much.

I think I'll give VC a try then.

If it's good enough for you I reckon I can live with it until Samsung gets its act together.

One more thing , if you don't mind: since I have to buy VC on line (probably from your link) and therefor download it on a pc before transfer it to the Omnia, is there any particular procedure or trick you would suggest?

How did you go about installing VC on your Omnia? And did you have to change some setting after installation to make it work?

Thanx again man, I hope I'll be able to be of some help to you too someday.

Guest savedid
I have tried with Jetware 1.31 BT HFP extension, it has a option to use voice command or any voice dial soft, it activates the voice dialing but doesnt listen to your voice through headset.

Have you guys notice one more thing missing in Omnia setting/system Microphone AGC which you can find in HTC devices

its not a bluetooth problem but its a Microphone bc if you use wired or wireless headset nothing happen.

Its really bugging you have a nice Gadget but a very small feature doesnt work B)

I tried it on the wired headset and it works, so likely problem with bluetooth.

I also have same problem on omnia with HBH-DS200 bt headset. the button on the headset activates

the voice command and an icon shows, but dosnt then accept commands from even handset which is strange.

only if u use the handset vc button then it accepts commands from handset only.

any luck guys please lets know

Edited by savedid

Look dude I bought it from them for 40 bux and here is the info:

They allow you to download its Installer and it installs thru ActiveSync.

Once the installation begins Windows XP temp dir(you can access temp dir by typing %TMP% inside RUN in the Start Menu) has a folder named \_isA9 which has the following 4 files:

0x0809.ini

Setup.INI

_ISMSIDEL.INI

Microsoft Voice Command UK PPC 1.60 for M2M.msi

looking inside Setup.INI reveals that this version of MSVC is probably the latest 1.60.4630.0

To run MSVC on the Omnia you press the Main Menu button then it shows a small mic icon in the taskbar and beeps once and if you say "what can I say?" it reads you a help menu.

MSVC 1.6 does run ok on the Omnia.

My BlueTooth headset is Belkin F8T064UKHP while it is paired and working fine with the Omnia.

MSVC 1.6 did not work with it! Which is pissing me off a lot!!!

I think I am gonna return it to Handster and get my money back.

Forgot to mention that my ROM version was HJ1

Regards

Edited by mkc_vx

• 1 month later...
Guest savedid
MSVC 1.6 does run ok on the Omnia.

My BlueTooth headset is Belkin F8T064UKHP while it is paired and working fine with the Omnia.

MSVC 1.6 did not work with it! Which is pissing me off a lot!!!

I think I am gonna return it to Handster and get my money back.

Forgot to mention that my ROM version was HJ1

Regards

I am very interested in knowing how handster respond to such queries. Did they give u refund ?

do they agree that it should work with bt ?

Guest twentyone

Sorry guys, a little off topic, but since you partly discuss MS Voice Command, anyone know how to make the button of the standard wired omnia handsfree as the "voice command button". I have ran out of ideas and I don't want to use a button on the phone itself as it kinda defeats the purpose of the whole program.

Thank you in advance :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Chris64

[see all my answers in Vodafone forums and on different other forums (use google to find) Cyberon Voice Speed Dial works on the Omnia (you can ad voice tags to contacts - and then do voice dialing) BUT the function doesn't transfer to a Blue Tooth device (in other words you cannot do Voice dialing from your BT device. I have tried all 3rd party software and NO one allows you to do voice dialing from your BT.]

Same problem here.

I tried 2 phones & 3 headsets.

This is the problem of OMNIA.

Nobody???

Guest bobobird

No solution unless samsung do something in the rom.

[see all my answers in Vodafone forums and on different other forums (use google to find) Cyberon Voice Speed Dial works on the Omnia (you can ad voice tags to contacts - and then do voice dialing) BUT the function doesn't transfer to a Blue Tooth device (in other words you cannot do Voice dialing from your BT device. I have tried all 3rd party software and NO one allows you to do voice dialing from your BT.]

Same problem here.

I tried 2 phones & 3 headsets.

This is the problem of OMNIA.

Nobody???

Guest kslakhani

I have read somewhere that they have fixed this in i910 and it works well.

why they dont release any hotfix or patch for this :) ?????

Let us escalate this issue to Samsung Omnia Team loudly, let us eat their heads together. they might be help us, we are still in hope, arent we????

Can somebody get contact details for Samsung Omnia i900 department so we can request this bug.

Or

can someone figure out how to get and install Widcomm BT Stack in Omnia?

yeah i also heard i910 verizon US version ROM has this problem fixed. (They claim the BT headset's mic works and can receive voice command.)

I wish someone can extract the setting or stack or BT module from that ROM and make CAB or cook in their ROM for everyone with non verizon omnia.

Edited by chokia