can't connect to GPS on a new i780

Guest ken88

my in-laws just gave me an unlocked i780 from the philippines. i have a t-mobile prepaid simm card here in the US and it works pretty good. 1 thing i can't get to work is GPS . I tried downloading, installing, running Google Maps. I can't get any GPS connection. Any ideas? i googled everywhere and saw people suggesting to configure by going to 'Connections', 'External GPS' and configure the ports, baud rate, etc... nothing worked. Do i need to have t-mobile data plan for the GPS to work? Would buying Garmin Mobile TX even work on this thing if i purchase and install?

Guest huyentran
my in-laws just gave me an unlocked i780 from the philippines. i have a t-mobile prepaid simm card here in the US and it works pretty good. 1 thing i can't get to work is GPS . I tried downloading, installing, running Google Maps. I can't get any GPS connection. Any ideas? i googled everywhere and saw people suggesting to configure by going to 'Connections', 'External GPS' and configure the ports, baud rate, etc... nothing worked. Do i need to have t-mobile data plan for the GPS to work? Would buying Garmin Mobile TX even work on this thing if i purchase and install?

Hi

First, you need to configurate your i780 GPS port

Start>setting>system> External GPS.

On program PORT, choose COM 2, hardware port is COM9, 4800 bps

Then go to google MAP. It will work.

USe wifi or 3G for downloading data MAP from Google MAP server

Regards