Five of the best touchscreen mobiles

Guest tsutton

Guest tsutton

silicon.com has been looking into the Five of the best touchscreen mobiles out there

They are:

1 ) Apple iPhone 3G

2 ) T-Mobile G1

3 ) Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

4 ) Samsung Omnia

5 ) Palm Treo Pro

For me, I do like T-Mobile G1 but more leaning toward the Samsung Omnia because of the phone design. But then I guess it's all down to what the operating system is offering you to meet your needs/

So which one of these five mobile phones do you like and why?

[Via: silicon.com]

Guest XtremeMaC

well, all look nice except the palm. all have very good functionalities. i've used iphone, samsung omnia, nokia s60. i've to say i really like my windows mobile. so i love my samsung omnia.

i do little bit of programming myself and its good to be able to install them on my mobile phone.

yes its built on windows and touch interface is slow but in the end it is a very good phone.

Guest awarner (MVP)

I'm not a fan of the G1 design maybe if I held one I may say different.

What makes me laugh about any list like this is that they like to include devices that are about to or have only just been released, rather than actual experienced user views.

Guest anekmehta

might i ask why the htc touch diamond isn't on your list? i've quite literally just upgraded back to a PPC (from an N95) and so have come back to this and the modaco forums (previously having a SPV M3100)....having seen this thread i'm wondering if i've made the wrong choice ;) i could swear the samsung omnia wasn't on orange's website the day i called to upgrade last week!? and what's worse is i think i've passed the 7-day return period

Guest Confucious
might i ask why the htc touch diamond isn't on your list?

Could be because it's not 'his' list. If you read the post the list is from silicon.com - and they don't know what they are talking about ;)

Mind you, I have just ordered an iPhone....

Guest anekmehta
Could be because it's not 'his' list. If you read the post the list is from silicon.com - and they don't know what they are talking about :wacko:

Mind you, I have just ordered an iPhone....

duuh ;) you make a good point indeed!! i'd get the iphone too to be honest but i can't on orange, and they have given me a deal which is too good to jump networks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.