Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 on Contract

Guest billybear

Guest billybear

Thought it was worth setting up a separate thread to get the heads-up of getting a Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 on contract - So anybody with any details on the first available contracts or best value, as availability increases, can add here. Thanks.

Can't wait to get one of these babies! I think in black.

Guest The doomed
Thought it was worth setting up a separate thread to get the heads-up of getting a Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 on contract - So anybody with any details on the first available contracts or best value, as availability increases, can add here. Thanks.

Can't wait to get one of these babies! I think in black.

Orange indicated to me last ngiht they would be launching this handset... but knowing Orange they will be last to market no doubt.

Guest billybear
Orange indicated to me last ngiht they would be launching this handset... but knowing Orange they will be last to market no doubt.

Yes! that seems to be usual for Orange.

Vodaphone are listing it as coming soon.

T-mobile are allegedly not going to carry it - I guess because it will be in direct competition with the Vario IV (touch pro) - unless somebody had news to the contary.

Carphone warehouse, as many other shops, are listing it as coming soon.

Guest theodotcom

Voda should have it on the 19th of this month, went to a voda store today and thats the day they have and customer service also confirmed the same day.

Guest The doomed
Interesting - I take it they didn't say when or give any details on pricing? (I know the answer to this but thought I would ask anyway :D )

Na! Hope they avoid loading it with orange software as well :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest billybear

Carphone warehouse have the X1 in there October brochure but they could'nt give me any more info or delivery dates. I did see a display dummy - I hope the real one isnt that plasticy and cheap looking! The ticket showed available on O2 & Orange on 18 month contracts of £45 :lol: - same price as their Diamond :D . Hope this means we can get it elsewhere for the cheaper prices we can get a Diamond?

Their pay as you go price was £540, but, still no stock or dates.

Guest billybear
The mobiles.co.uk web site claim that they will have the xperia next week... Available for free on a 24month contract at £30/mnth!! That's what I'm going to go for!

Xperia Phone on Mobile.co.uk

Hmm! Not bad - but I think unlimited internet is a further £7.50 bolt-on?

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tariffs/paygo/o2webbolton

Edited by billybear

Guest billybear
Hmm! Not bad - but I think unlimited internet is a further £7.50 bolt-on?

Ah! it looks like an O2 600 contract & above includes a bolt-on of your choice - at least from O2 online? Can anyone confirm this applies to contracts not bought direct from O2 as well?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest billybear

The contracts on offer, so far, for this device seem expensive - The HTC Touch HD can be had for less and the Sim-Free price is about the same so looks like being charged a premium just because it has "Sony Ericsson" printed on it! :lol:

I'm beginning to sway to the Touch HD now. :D

I want a minimum contract but with Unlimited Data. I'm currently on T-mobile Web n walk FlexT20 which costs me £22.50 a month (with discount) and my Vario 2 cost me £90 with that contract. There does'nt seem to be any deals anywhere near that for new devices especially as T-mobile dont seem to be offering any decent new phones. ;)

T-Mobile store in Kingston told me they would be getting the X1 in January.

Orange stores still have no idea.

Vodafone has been selling it for a while but apparently their cludged firmware is giving a lot of problems.

O2 has it in some stores now but are only selling it through their "premier" retail outlets

Mine is currently waiting for me at CPW on an O2 contract!

I just hope it can do what I need it to do - there's nothing else out there that can so if the X1 isn't up to the job I'll be stuck with carrying two devices for another 6 months at least!

Strange as my sources say X1 will not release on tmobile they will stock the HTC Pro under the MDA brand.

The pro has currently got end of Nov earlie Dec release at the moment. A firmware problem with the tmobile firmware was the reason for the delay but I think that is a bit of a cover up. They seem to have shifted focus to the G1 as they will sell a lot more of these than high end phones smart tactics Tmobile (maybe)

Guest billybear
They seem to have shifted focus to the G1 as they will sell a lot more of these than high end phones smart tactics Tmobile (maybe)

Or maybe NOT. It looks like I for will be leaving T-mobile after 3 years due to the lack of good new PDA phones.

Guest billybear
i got mine direct from 02 yesterday as an upgrade. Paid £39 on a 12 month contract. £30per month business tariff :lol:

Thats not bad. Cheapest I've found it is £194 on Voda talk25, 12 month contract = total cost £494.99 from Dialaphone (referred by mobilereserve.com)

Guest timking

Got fed up of waiting for Vodafone to get stock in so have gone for one from dialaphone.com....45 quid a month for 900 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited mobile, 3 months free insurance and a Sony PSP. Annoyingly was meant to get it tomorrow (dying to get hold of one!) but now it's going to be Monday due to a system being down. Typical!

Guest Tom Bull
Got fed up of waiting for Vodafone to get stock in so have gone for one from dialaphone.com....45 quid a month for 900 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited mobile, 3 months free insurance and a Sony PSP. Annoyingly was meant to get it tomorrow (dying to get hold of one!) but now it's going to be Monday due to a system being down. Typical!

If you ever get it from Dial-a-Phone... total jokers

Guest timking
If you ever get it from Dial-a-Phone... total jokers

After they said it would be here today, it actually arrived Saturday morning. Very chuffed to finally have one, just need to find spare time to play around now! First use though it seems very nice to use, should be spot on when tweaked a bit B)

Guest concise

Just got off the phone with Orange (replacing my TyTn II for the 2nd time - broken autofocus this time round!) and the X1 is finally appearing on their systems... no release date though of course.

CPW are also phoning me up offering it free on a £25 contract (I'm a band 5 user), but their insurance excess is £50 and after sales service is just rubbish. The warranty and next day courier service from Orange is just great! So I think I'll wait for the branded version....

After they said it would be here today, it actually arrived Saturday morning. Very chuffed to finally have one, just need to find spare time to play around now! First use though it seems very nice to use, should be spot on when tweaked a bit B)

Gratz Tim. Glad you finally got one - am extremely pleased with mine and am glad I didn't go for the Omnia because the hardware keyboard is really good for me.