Benq E72

Guest 17-APG

can i ask a thing...

why on my new benq e72 (arrived yesterday) there are NOT the cool homescreen with flash and seashore (with the boat animation and daylight changes)? i miss it, where to find?

can i ask a thing...

why on my new benq e72 (arrived yesterday) there are NOT the cool homescreen with flash and seashore (with the boat animation and daylight changes)? i miss it, where to find?

I guess that you have an Expansys sourced device like me. That being the case it is a UK spec phone and not HongKong and this homescreen is not included. Having said that I have seen somewhere on this site that someone does have these files. DO a search for all things Benq E72.

It would make things alot easier for all of us if someone in Modaco would only provide us with a subforum which I absolutely believe should happen and as I have previously requested. If allocation is warranted for weak devices (read Dell) then Benq deserves its rightfull place among the many other smartphones. And finally considering the price and form factor this phone whacks a lot of the competition IMHO.

you are 100% right, i hope too that someone open a specific subsection, for this device.

i am looking everywhere for benq e72 stuff, but unsuccessfull! T_T ifd you (or others) know where to look, pleas advise me :lol:

a wm6.1 os for this little jewel is a dream?

Guest lapimate
... get a miniUSB to 3.5mm audio jack ...
How about making one up using the miniUSB from the headphone cable provided w. the E72, and a 3.5mm jack. Solder the wires, insulate, cover w. self-amalgamating stretchy synth. rubber, then finish with heat-shrink tubing cover.

How about making one up using the miniUSB from the headphone cable provided w. the E72, and a 3.5mm jack. Solder the wires, insulate, cover w. self-amalgamating stretchy synth. rubber, then finish with heat-shrink tubing cover.

Thats exactly what I am going to do. Will try to get an extra headsetg if I can and then doi a job on it. Do you think the likes of Maplin would have all the bits to do this?

you are welcome and really kind!

:lol:

abaut the adaptor, have you tried with something like THIS?

could it works? where to find? ^^

/ot circa

Paul UP!! :D:D:D:D (i know we are few... but we ar good and very motivated ^^!)

Edited by znial

Yes, sub-forum please.

Well, now its Nov 2nd it seems to me that Modaco do not seem that interested really in setting up a sub forum for us. Hmmm maybe will have to set up my stall in another forum methinks....

you are welcome and really kind!

:lol:

abaut the adaptor, have you tried with something like THIS?

could it works? where to find? ^^

/ot circa

Paul UP!! :D:D:D:D (i know we are few... but we ar good and very motivated ^^!)

There is a post here for benq day and night screens. It is the pics Ok but not autochange. MAybe it is something that our friends over at xda developers could work out. Did you try them? Its worth a try...

Also didn't try th reMotorola connector. I see from the site you showed me that it does have the same type design of connector (Curved at both sides) so it may work. Will try ebay for one maybe. The HTC will never even fit into the socket because of the design difference.

Received mine a few days back, got it to dip my toes into the world of Windows Mobile after many years as a Palm OS user.

So far quite happy with the device, no major issues though have had to do one hard reset (thanks Sprite Backup for helping save the day).

As a cheap (pub springs to mind) device it is working out for me :lol:. Missing a touchscreen and QWERTY more than I thought though , never realised I text people as much as I do!

So I guessing this will lead to more feature packed device in the future for me :D Got my eyes on a Treo Pro and a Zinc II at the minute.