MoDaCo i617 Tweak Pack

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

So i'm loving the BJII at the moment, but there's a few things about the setup when first hard reset that bug me, so i've created a CAB to fix them!

On a freshly 6.1'd BJII, the attached CAB will...

- Unlock the GPRS settings so you can edit / delete them

- Unlock the Proxy settings so you can edit / delete them

- Enabled GPS on COM6

- Relax security policies so you can do what you want on your device

- Enable Internet Sharing for any connection you choose (rather than just AT&T!)

- Unlock FN Key mappings so you can change them all, including the predefined ones

- Remap the AT&T hardware key to IE (without loading their homepage!)

- Remap the Cellular Video button to Windows Media player

The CAB is also AppToDate enabled, so if you install AppToDate from here, you can receive notification updates. If there's a tweak you think should be 'in', let me know!

MoDaCo_i617_Tweak_Pack.CAB

Have you noticed how when you restructure the start menu to get rid of the AT&T crap, specifically when you remove / move the 'Applications' folder, the camera hardware button stops working? How annoying! Well, there's a cure now, in the form of a second CAB which installs a 'hidden' Applications directory with the camera link in! You can't see it on the start menu, but it makes that hardware button work again. Yay!

MoDaCo_i617_Camera_Key_Fix.cab

Enjoy, feedback welcomed! If you use the CAB, please consider donating £1 to my 'quidapps' effort to develop cheap, useful applications and tweaks - click here to donate. Donations will be used specifically to buy development tools to enable slicker and more advanced tweaks and applications in the future while retaining a £1 price point!

P

PS To install a CAB, copy it to your device and run it from File Explorer.

Guest liquids

when i will unlock the keypad,i should press power bottom first,then press unlock and *

how can i make the unlock bottom to light the screan straightly?

REGARDS

Guest Paul (MVP)
Hi Paul,

Just out of curiosity, why do you install COM's for GPS when 6.1 has intermediate drivers for this?

Thanks

My tweak pack configures the GPSID to provide a COM port (needed for many apps) - it's not configured by default.

P

Guest InSaiyanOne

hey paul. thanks so much for your time making this pack it has done a great job makin my phone what i wanted it to be...

however i have found one problem. after i set up Fn shortcuts to apps (skyfire, alarms, vtap, etc) the Fn+B shortcut for bluetooth no longer works. on my screen it shows a blank box where it would normally say "bluetooth on/off". the first time i noticed this i went into the registry to modify it back to the path it originally was but after going back to remove a shortcut i didnt need (wmp which i remembered later was now the cv button) it stopped working again.

just a heads up...as i know it may annoy ppl to have to keep editing the registry after adding new shortcuts.

Guest Eskimonio

Paul,

It's a masterpiece.

Recently upgraded to wm 6.1 on BJ II, and this saved me plenty of time...especially liked the remap FN keys that you put in there, as that had given me fits previously.

big thanks

Guest InSaiyanOne

Was the bluetooth on / off not an option listed for the blank box? As in in settings itself, rather than by editing the registry?

P

no it isnt an option. i havent talked my friends into installing the pack yet to see if it is only me or not. what i'm thinking is the pre configured letters were all blank. i reassigned all except B and H and they were all blank boxes b4 i did. i dont suppose there's a list somewhere i can edit to add that or other entries? since i dont want to add the java app just opera mini if possible....which reminds me, does anyone else have a problem posting in the forum with skyfire and opera mini? i have to use ie.

Guest InSaiyanOne

yeah that is kind of a trade off i am willing to take. i just wanted to let everyone know since i check the site daily and now after this tweak pack i dont really use the start menu any more, everything is basically two buttons away.

i hope this cab spreads like a wildfire

Guest Kewlj1313

Something that would be great if added to this!

I noticed that the ringtone fix isn't part of this CAB, I had to edit my registry (and or install the cab that does it for me) to allow bigger file size for ringtones. It would be great if this cab did that also!

Thanks Alot

Kewlj1313

Guest Eskimonio

re: Bluetooth Fn button

confirming it's not assignable, as it does not show up in program choices in Fn keylist

In the meantime, remember quick BT access:

tap power key > select wireless manager > turn on bluetooth that way

**also looking at cleaning up my install, but activesync explorer is not allowing me to delete programs like ATT Mall, MySpace trial, etc.

This tweak pack and SDA unlocker have been run, but still no joy...any tips?

Edited by Eskimonio

Guest matteandhue

I have had my own methods that I have previously been doing to get all this, but before installing my question does this cab edit all the settings automatically. (does it change all defaults) or can I change each setting manually? I don't want it to remap the cv and medianet buttons automatically as I use another type of software that may conflict? What exactly does this set automatically?

Thanks

Sweet. great all in 1 quick fix cab.

most of them i had previosly done myself, but next hard reset this will save a ass load of time editing my registery and tweaking.

great job and im sure there will be more to add.

i espically like the remapping of att and cv keys, saves a butt load of time

Guest Eskimonio

@Paul

re:relaxed security policies...I'm unable to delete apps like ATTMall.exe, etc....what am I doing wrong?

Also, if you decide to update the pack down the road, adding in the regedit for dynamic right soft key would be great too. (i.e. soft key changes from 'contacts' to 'call history' after a missed call.)

@bfrost...with google maps, I don't think you need to set the com manually, click the option for windows mobile to automatically detect settings...that's what worked for me in GMM

@metallakid

If you've INSTALLED the cab, there is nothing more to do, all the fixes are applied

If you've only TRANSFERRED the cab to your phone, you need to hit start>applications>file explorer and use that to navigate to and open the .cab file...then it will install

Guest matteandhue

*bluetooth fix*

Works the same as the camera fix or messaging .lnk that you can't delete without losing your buttons. copy or create a shortcut of the file "\Windows\BluetoothOnOff.exe" to the start menu. Hide the start menu shortcut and voila. FN Key Mappings shows up with Bluetooth On/Off.

Paul,

Can you implement this *fix* into the cab or make a cab fix similar to your camera fix?

Thanks.