Flashing ROM - "Incorrect software version!" tutorial

Guest mik3y

i'm currently on custom ROM DXID1.how do i revert back to original DZIA5?please help

Change the phone version to something inferior to DZIA5. Like DZHH1 ... If you have DXID1, try to flash it to Philippine version, DXIA5 (it's similar to DZIA5) ...

Guest Del11boy

Dear guys,

I'm new in this Omnia forum, i need some help from some experience with flashing omnia i900.

My omnia i900 have information:

Version

PDA:i900 XGIC3/BHIC2

Tel: i900 XXIB2

This omnia is buy from Germany and all phone is on german language with WM6.1, and phone is unlocked (never been locked)

I want to make this omnia on english or croatian language, and WM6.5.

I'm living in Croatia.

I have some question for you:

Because i don't understood germany language, what is best rom to flash my omnia to english language and stability?

Can you tell me or send some guide how to put WM6.5 to my omnia i900 which have WM6.1.

Guys yours activity on this forum is awesome, keep going.

Thanks.

Regards.

Davor

Dear guys,

I'm new in this Omnia forum, i need some help from some experience with flashing omnia i900.

My omnia i900 have information:

Version

PDA:i900 XGIC3/BHIC2

Tel: i900 XXIB2

This omnia is buy from Germany and all phone is on german language with WM6.1, and phone is unlocked (never been locked)

I want to make this omnia on english or croatian language, and WM6.5.

I'm living in Croatia.

I have some question for you:

Because i don't understood germany language, what is best rom to flash my omnia to english language and stability?

Can you tell me or send some guide how to put WM6.5 to my omnia i900 which have WM6.1.

Guys yours activity on this forum is awesome, keep going.

Thanks.

Regards.

Davor

The official version for Omnia is WM6.1. This thread is intended to help update your phone to an official ROM.

See other threads for WM6.5.

Guest xtremesc
Change the phone version to something inferior to DZIA5. Like DZHH1 ... If you have DXID1, try to flash it to Philippine version, DXIA5 (it's similar to DZIA5) ...

mik3y, I'm in the same situation as arthos7. I wanted to revert back to DZIA5 (Singapore version) instead of remaining in the DX version. So, is it still simply changing the phone version from DXID1 to DZHH1? Thanks.

Guest Del11boy
The official version for Omnia is WM6.1. This thread is intended to help update your phone to an official ROM.

See other threads for WM6.5.

THX mik3y,

I allready flash my phone to DXHJ1, without problem. This version have english language.

What is latest firmware DXHJ1 ? Is it DXID1? THX!!! Keep going. Your experience is most welcome!!!

Del11boy

Guest Nick Larsen

So im one out af manny that want to thange back to original roms to see how it runs.

My corrent version is.

PDA: i900DXID1/SHKv19

Phone: i900DXIA5

I want to flash to i900XBIC1_updater_xp.EXE

and try to change the i900XBIC1 to XBHL1 in the update.exe file. but incorect version :D

can some one help me i change the version en the regeditor on the mobile to

PDA: i900DXID1/XBHL1

Phone: i900DXIA5

Edited by Nick Larsen

• 2 weeks later...
Guest djomla82

i have I908 ZHHH1_ENG 1 update [from page 1] and everything was fine until the phone starts.i can not use phone at all.it display next message:

"This concludes the beta test of this software release.

Thank you very much for your time and effort in helping

make this a grate product to our customers.

To obtain a newer release or future information,

please revisit the web site that you used to obtain your current release."

Phone nave no network, it react only on volume buttons on the side of the phone.therefore

i could not gain activesync to flash it again.

Start shortcut is visible but does not react too.

i have the phone for just 2 days

can samsung service fix this problem?

if you have solution please help,i am desperate

i pay it nice money [350 euros] and i live in serbia,where that amount of money is a lot.

you can see that i am desperate.

thanks to everyone who try to help me

Edited by djomla82

Guest Hans Zarkov

Hi, I have phm regedit installed, but I cannot edit any settings...

I open the program,

I need to:

- change HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion from DXHJ1 to XXHG1

How?

I can highlight HKEY_CURRENT_USER but nothing else. I select 'Values', but the screen goes empty. I can double tap, which bings up the text editor...

Help!

John

Guest Morad kassem
Hi, I have phm regedit installed, but I cannot edit any settings...

I open the program,

I need to:

- change HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion from DXHJ1 to XXHG1

How?

I can highlight HKEY_CURRENT_USER but nothing else. I select 'Values', but the screen goes empty. I can double tap, which bings up the text editor...

Help!

John

Use resco register editor follow the path: HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion & change the string value to the new string

Guest mihaidenis
i have I908 ZHHH1_ENG 1 update [from page 1] and everything was fine until the phone starts.i can not use phone at all.it display next message:

"This concludes the beta test of this software release.

Thank you very much for your time and effort in helping

make this a grate product to our customers.

To obtain a newer release or future information,

please revisit the web site that you used to obtain your current release."

Phone nave no network, it react only on volume buttons on the side of the phone.therefore

i pay it nice money [350 euros] and i live in serbia,where that amount of money is a lot.

Try a hardreset of the phone.

If not,remove battery,leave it away couple of minutes then hardreset again.

Hope it works.

Guest djomla82
Try a hardreset of the phone.

If not,remove battery,leave it away couple of minutes then hardreset again.

Hope it works.

i did not work, but thanks.

i think that phone react to commands but i cant see them because screen displays that message.how to do a hardreset of the phone in this case.any idea ?

thanks again

Edited by djomla82

Guest Hans Zarkov
Use resco register editor follow the path: HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion & change the string value to the new string

Thanks Morad, that worked fine :)

Guest Hans Zarkov

I have followed all instructions :

hex edited the update.exe

changed the version to i900DXID1/MSHH1

run update.exe, message reads 'Image version verified. Press OK to reset the device' I press OK.

Next: 'Downloading 1st file', gets to 100% then 'Download Failed'

Any advice anyone?

Guest qsseremban

i think that phone react to commands but i cant see them because screen displays that message.how to do a hardreset of the phone in this case.any idea ?

thanks again

Guest qsseremban

Guest badboy24
you must get incorrect version, the update file is expecting [JV] while you got [JP].

edit the JVHK1 file you downloaded from Samsung using xvi32, search for i900JV (search from the end of the file), ignore the 1st result, search again, change that to i900JP. [actually this is the part of the software which holds the value the software compares it to the mobile version]

and don't forget to edit the registery, i used total commander.. it's free for windows CE and shows the hidden values in the registery, I couldn't do it with the regedit.exe mik3y attached.. but I followed each step he did.. now I have the JVHK1 :) .. don't worry man... just do it

hi... PDA=i900JPIA3/JPIA3

Phone=i900JVHK2

i want to update it to DXIA5

i already selected the philippines as my country (i'm from the philippines and got an arabic omnia)... installed xvi32, downloaded the DXIA5 rom from samsung, and installed the modem driver, i customized my version to DXIA3 already and DXHH1... Honestly, i'm lost on what to change when i try to hex the updater.exe file... because it already shows I900DX... should i change it to I900JP? or I900JV?

please help me.. a reply would be very much appreciated.. tnx!

Guest badboy24

its working!!! at last... long battery hours!!!! yahoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tnx to the original uploader... meaning last year.. and to those who made time to reply to my questions!!! guys, it works!!! :)

For all testing the given problem - more simple decision has appeared. In new version EXEcutor_2.2 the option of change of the current pda_version is added, owing to that the decision of problem "Incorect Software Version" is much simplified.

Full details it is readable in txt_file

Guest Nicklashidegard
For all testing the given problem - more simple decision has appeared. In new version EXEcutor_2.2 the option of change of the current pda_version is added, owing to that the decision of problem "Incorect Software Version" is much simplified.

Full details it is readable in txt_file

Wow, nice touch!!!

Hello and good day,

I have a few questions for now. :)

I want to change my Omnia to a Dutch (XKHJ3) version from an JPHI5 version.

Am I correct if I say there are only two "i900XK strings" in the update.exe file?

And the second one from the bottom, or the first one from the top I have to change in i900JP?

Next question:

I have to change, with a regeditor, my "JPHI5 string" to something like XKHH3 (So lower than XKHJ3) in my Omnia?

Guest djomla82

hello , i got the same problem with u here . so how to do ? hope all of here can help

dude, take the phone to service and they will flash it cheaply.it's no bother