ROM Building for Dummies (i900) using SYOK

Guest shokka9

Guest elmariachy

hi guys

how can i include a new xip files to rom

and is this the xip files that only added to the rom or there is a sys files also added

plz i need the right stages to cook a new build .

Guest shokka9

1. Obtain XIP.bin & SYS folder from wherever to make your build. The same build is the best bet.

2. extract pda.bin from any ROM, also use eboot.nb0, customer.csc & phone parts too to make ROM (in the end)

3. You should now have what you need.

4. Dump xip.bin to get XIP folder.

Customise ROM here, then.....

5. To insert xip.bin into os.nb use this command - osnbtool -c os.nb 1 xip.bin

6. Use os.nb.new to buildROM when you are ready

Thats it in brief terms. You need the right tools, the right XIP.bin, dump it, insert to os.nb. Customise ROM then build it.

I probably missed something, but i am working my real job, in a Bank, so bear with me. There are many guides at xda, the proces is similar.

The main problem is getting the SYS to fit (i dont do it :excl:. The bits above might help you?

Sztupy's how to in the kitchen tells you how to do it, read that too, it may help.

You can update one or the other (XIP & SYS), but it is best to do both.

Edited by shokka9

Guest shokka9

not sure bro :excl:

I dont do this, i just use what has already been done...

stevenh knows how i think...PM him, say i asked you to :excl:

Sorry guys, i am no expert (i will be in 12 months or so), but until then i rely on others to get the stuff i need to that stage.

I understand you, but i cannot explain bro, coz i dont know. :excl:

Guest koko5800
1. Obtain XIP.bin & SYS folder from wherever to make your build. The same build is the best bet.

2. extract pda.bin from any ROM, also use eboot.nb0, customer.csc & phone parts too to make ROM (in the end)

3. You should now have what you need.

4. Dump xip.bin to get XIP folder.

Customise ROM here, then.....

5. To insert xip.bin into os.nb use this command - osnbtool -c os.nb 1 xip.bin

6. Use os.nb.new to buildROM when you are ready

Thats it in brief terms. You need the right tools, the right XIP.bin, dump it, insert to os.nb. Customise ROM then build it.

I probably missed something, but i am working my real job, in a Bank, so bear with me. There are many guides at xda, the proces is similar.

The main problem is getting the SYS to fit (i dont do it :excl: . The bits above might help you?

Sztupy's how to in the kitchen tells you how to do it, read that too, it may help.

You can update one or the other (XIP & SYS), but it is best to do both.

yes the problem is the sys files :excl:

but stevenh get us the xip files thanks to him

but from where we can get the Compatible sys files with this xip :excl: I do not know what to doØŸ

& this is Some of the ways for porting the xip

• How to port a XIP:
    • Extract xip.bin from the build you want to port from
    • Download Bepe's XIPPort
    • Extract XIPPort to any folder
    • The folder should contain XIPPort.exe, pkgcommon.dll, and xip.bin you want to port.
    • Run XIPProt.exe
    • Press "Dump xip.bin" - This will create an OUT folder
    • Press "Make Pkgs"
    • Open the OUT folder and you will find two folders: Files and Modules
    • Copy the contents of MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelLTK with each folder (Files and Modules) and paste them to /ROM/XIP folder and replace. (Note: Don't worry about copying the .txt files, they are not needed.)
      Source

• How to port a SYS folder

• Open your old SYS folder and copy the .VM and WinCENLS_WWE folders into your new SYS folder
      • Go to your old SYS\Shell and copy shell32.exe and shellres.dll into your new SYS\Shell

So what is the path to follow :excl:

Guest s0cks

But... again...

I don't know where and how to get a new SYS folder...

If I try to extract a CUSTOM ROM, I got "BETA, make your own rom"...

So, how can I get the SYS for the most recent XIP?

I really don't understand it... :excl:

Guest pepech
But... again...

I don't know where and how to get a new SYS folder...

If I try to extract a CUSTOM ROM, I got "BETA, make your own rom"...

So, how can I get the SYS for the most recent XIP?

I really don't understand it... :excl:

you need a donor for the packages XIP/SYS , from Rhodium for instance ; try to get a look at XDA , there are a lot of ported ROM , you have to PM the donor for the files , you can also PM Shokka , Sector , Khuanchai or drddko for theirs files which are already fitted for Omnia resolution

• 3 weeks later...
Guest smilegod

Hello people im cooking my first rom using shokkas guide, but i cant complete this step :excl:

(The CSC.BIN needs to be extracted before you can work on it. Rename CSC.BIN to customer.csc . This is essential. Now run i900_EXEcutor (double click it). You get the below image. Click the Customer_CSC tab as below; then the browse button (…). Locate and click Go.)

I renamed CSC.BIN to customer.csc but i cant find it with i900_EXEcutor .

Am i doing something wrong? Please reply :excl:

Guest shokka9

check ur pm bro...dont pm and post too bro...it's a little bit frustrating..

hope it helps u (the pm) :excl:

laters

take my IP and my info and see if you can get to me...:excl: i doubt it...

Edited by shokka9

• 1 month later...
Guest DominikZ

It may sound stupid, but how do I extract the xip.bin?

Trying now for the fourth or fifth time to build a german 6.5 ROM, but i guess I have to port my own xip.bin.

And by the way: Today was released a new German ROM, I extracted it in the meantime, but now I get two customer.csc's. I know that I don't need the second one for 6.5 but what if I want to create the whole original ROM, just without the version check. How to I assemble these two files?

Thanks a lot

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shokka9

added SYOK to first post....

Dont shoot me if t doesnt work, but it should, please read his thread also....it will help you understand any issue with as removing some stuff can brick your Omnia.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

Shokka9

Guest SilenoZ

I set everything, that is indicated on a first page

but my SYAKR doesn't start. appears only DOS window on a second...

I extract my ROM in a folder \omnia-eng

What should I connect to make my program work?

Guest dutchwii

when use cab2pkg where to place the folder (named with various numbers and letters) when copy into the rom apps folder i get error can not find the folder when use makeROM.cmd

Guest SilenoZ
do you get an error??

It should work....if not....delete all of it SYAKR and download from the site...(sztupy's)

not work ;)

I download from the site and again the same problem :D

i've tried on my old computer and again the same problem...

can it be because of using Windows XP, not Vista or 7 ???

Edited by SilenoZ

Guest shokka9

try google, i am not responsible for the upkeep of his website. and the working of anything attached to it.

The kitchen can be got from other sources.

Please try to use some other forms of resources bro....people will not answer you and i have tried as much as i can.

:D

Good luck

Guest Nicklashidegard

Just wanted to say thankyou to Shokka9 for a great guide and SztupY for some amazing tools (and everyone else involved !!!)..

Just managed to to dissemble and re-assemble a rom , then dissembled and removed a few bits (only apps, not any core stuff)..

Flashed the "new" rom and it works perfectly !!!!! :D

Can't wait to start adding stuff, but i'm taking it one step at a time... following the guides word by word..

Thanks again, and i'll keep you posted on the progress...

Guest shokka9

thats the spirit Nicklas...

start the way you going...learn to disassemble and reassemble...then remove stufff....

then add stuff.

Progression....the problem with most noob chefs is they try to do what we can do for their first ROM...

It is impossible, without getting help, the correct files, knowledge etc.

Start simple and work up. The more you do it, the more you learn.

I now have a kitchen for every build i do (21815, 21046, etc etc). So if i ever need a ROM no matter what build, the kitchen is ready to go!

Good work bro....you can carry on for me :D M2D ROMs.....

Guest Nicklashidegard

yeah, be a while before i'm there though ;) ..

only done one 6.1 rom so far...with nothing added yet...lol

Just gotto convince the wife to spend less time with her and more with the omnia (and she's not quite understanding :D )..

Guest shokka9

tru that....

thats one of the reasons i dont cook as much....to be honest i would rather spend time with my GF & kids than cook ;)

But cooking is coolio...its a case of prioritise your life.

:D

Guest DominikZ

Is anybody else getting now a Virus alert concerning PKGTool.exe? :D It worked fine

My Antivirus (Free-AV) says that the file hast some regocnition patterns of the Worm: WORM/Hteibook.D

It's pretty annoying.

Edited by DominikZ

Guest Nicklashidegard

i'm getting an error (on two consecutive rom's!!).

When dumping os.nb onto buildrom.cmd, it "builds" the rom ok, but at the end (before you get done and close the grey window to start building the rom) i keep getting "external component has thrown an exeption" (this is when it says "creating initflashfiles.dat" in the grey window, after all the customizing)..

Any idea what i'm doing wrong?

Never had it before but all of a sudden it's started..

Guest omniacwazy
Building ROMs for Dummies (i900 Omnia). See attached file for full guide

Requirements

.net framework 1.1 SP1; http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

.net framework 2.0 SP1; http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details...;displaylang=en

.net framework 3.5 SP1; http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

MV C++ 2005 redistributable; http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

MV C++ 2008 redistributable; http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Good luck.

Hi guys...i would like some help with learning to cook a ROM. I have done many flashes of ROMs onto my OMNIA i900 and the first time was really a leap into the dark, but ever since that, there was no turning back for me.

Re the Net Framework, it is indicated as requirement to download all the above...my qn is...are they to be downloaded and then all to be installed? or downloaded and put into a folder for later use, eg to be included when finalising my own custom ROM?

Wd appreciate all and any help rendered. Thanks.