ROM Building for Dummies (i900) using SYOK

Guest shokka9

Guest 0Darkness0

thanks Mario.Omnia

plz. be patient with meee..:D

1)- where will the package be stored when it is done??

2)- what is: app, based app, utilities,....etc when you do the programs.

3)- there are: program, start, setting.... how to deal with them

4)- how about the registry? how can we modify it or it is done automatically when doing the package????

5)- if you have an easy method/steps to cook, can you plz attach it with word....:angry:.....you are an expert brooo..

thsnk alot

Guest mario.omnia

@ SHOKKA

I managed it...I found a thread where it was explained by sOcks...

I've downloaded Sectors unsigner tool and it works...flashed the ROM and it works...

So problem solved...

@ 0Darkness0

once the package creator is done with conversion...the package will be stored in the package creator folder...

(there will be a folder with a package name...that is the only thing you need...just copy it to a new ROMs

OEM folder...and it will be included when building the ROM...)

Guest 0Darkness0
@ SHOKKA

I managed it...I found a thread where it was explained by sOcks...

I've downloaded Sectors unsigner tool and it works...flashed the ROM and it works...

So problem solved...

@ 0Darkness0

once the package creator is done with conversion...the package will be stored in the package creator folder...

(there will be a folder with a package name...that is the only thing you need...just copy it to a new ROMs

OEM folder...and it will be included when building the ROM...)

thans bro,,

have a nice da

Guest mario.omnia

Hi,

with the method mentioned on the s0ck's thread...I was able to cook a ROM with Flash 3.1 and Online Widgets...

but when I open Youtube in Opera I get this...

sshot001k.jpg

opera1.jpg

opera2.jpg

opera3.jpg

Guest mario.omnia

Hi,

turns out that I had to use Luefig's Flash Lite 3.1...

When I cooked the ROM with his Flash it worked fine...

I can browse flash content pages with no problem now...

(most of them...)

Guest 0Darkness0

i am stuck with cooking the ROM :D :angry:

really dont know how tooo...;)((((

mario. omnia,

do u have a simple document for how to cook????

i tried to cook a rom based on DZIA5, i managed to extract it i reached to step where i have to run Sztupy’s SYAKR

but, the programs there are not DZIA5 programs???!!

it says: dx/di or l2....something like that, but i cant find any programs related to DZIA5>>??

so plzzz, can you write down your steps with picture ( if you dont mind) cos i really think you r the boss in cooking the ROMs

Guest mario.omnia
i am stuck with cooking the ROM :D :angry:

really dont know how tooo... ;) ((((

mario. omnia,

do u have a simple document for how to cook????

i tried to cook a rom based on DZIA5, i managed to extract it i reached to step where i have to run Sztupy’s SYAKR

but, the programs there are not DZIA5 programs???!!

it says: dx/di or l2....something like that, but i cant find any programs related to DZIA5>>??

so plzzz, can you write down your steps with picture ( if you dont mind) cos i really think you r the boss in cooking the ROMs

I'm no boss...

I' new to this just like you...

Never mind what it says in the Syakr...it won't show DZIA5...Syakr's final version came out before DZIA5...

You need to check the tasks with HL and tasks that have both (HK and HL)...if you want to remove stuff...

Me personally I wanted to remove .NET 2.0 and Flash 2.1...to be able to add .NETCF 3.5 and Flash 3.1...

I managed to do that after a lot of trouble...but I've learned that I have to read all over the forum to be

able to find out how to solve problems that arise...

Basically if you want to cook a ROM all the tools that you may need are linked in the first post of this thread...

(at least I have those tools...)

Just follow the steps in Shokka's ROM building guide...

Meaning...extract the ROM...extract the customer.csc (CSC.bin that has to be renamed) then edit your ROM

with Syakr (remove apps...upgrade apps...optimize....everything you want)

Now you have to make packages from CABs with Package creator 2.7 or Sztupy's cab2pckg tool...which ever

works better for you...and copy them to the OEM folder of the extracted ROM...

(you copy folders from the Package Creator folder that Package Creator makes when converting CABs...)

When you have removed what you wanted...and added your new apps (packages in the OEM folder)...you

need to assemble the new customer.csc file with i900EXEcutor...(usually the Customer_CSC_New folder in

Customer_CSC folder that you have previously created...) and copy it over your original customer.csc in the

root directory of your kitchen...

Now you're ready for building the ROM...you need to drag the OS.nb file onto the BuildROM.cmd so that the

building of ROM can be initiated...

Next the OSBuilder will show you a screen with the apps that you have copied in the OEM folder...

(the ones that you have converted from packages...) if they are not selected you select them manually and

press the "green triangle" (I would say play button but green triangle is a 100% description of the button)

and you're off...

If you have done everything right and there were no errors during the building process...the builder will display

"done" in the lower part of the builder window...now you can close it...and the 2nd phase of building a ROM will

begin by itself...now you just have to wait for the process to complete itself...you don't have to do anything

here...just wait until it says done...when it completes the job close the window and you'll have a clean build of

your ROM...named newROM.bin...

Now rename the newROM.bin to PDA.bin...and it is time to make a .EXE file (your new ROM for flashing)...

You must copy the command prompt shortcut into the kitchen's root directory (you can find it in the Tools folder

of your kitchen)...then double clik on it to open a command prompt window...in there you must execute a command:

i900Tool.exe –p YOURROMHERE.exe

YOUROMHERE-here you write the name of you new ROM...lets say... i900-DZIA5-0Darknes0 ....so the command

for you would look like:

i900Tool.exe –p i900-DZIA5-0Darkness0.exe

And that's it...flash to test the ROM and enjoy...

(OFFCOURSE only if you have done everything right you'll enjoy it...if not you may have problems with your phone

so be carefull and read all the info on the subject..and be sure to not have any errors during any phase of your

ROM building...as it may be fatal for the phone afterwards...remember there is no warranty that it will work...)

I personally downloaded the official ROM that I got with the phone...so now whenever I'll need to claim the

warranty I have to flash the original ROM and that's it...offcourse if it wasn't bricked totally...

Best of luck in ROM cooking...

Guest 0Darkness0

i think i am on the right trach..:D

just i stuck when dragging the OS to build ROM,

when i tick the app. & press play, everything goes will but before finishing an error appears: error hv.,....

what does this mean???

but when i dont tick the app..., it is done succesfuly, but the PDA, didnt appear???

where did i go wrong..:angry:

Guest mario.omnia
i think i am on the right trach.. :D

just i stuck when dragging the OS to build ROM,

when i tick the app. & press play, everything goes will but before finishing an error appears: error hv.,....

what does this mean???

but when i dont tick the app..., it is done succesfuly, but the PDA, didnt appear???

where did i go wrong.. :angry:

did you previously delete the app with Syakr?? because if you haven't you would get an error saying

that XXX file already exists in temp\dump folder...

and you have to check for which firmware was the CAB that you have converted into package intended...

(you can find them on the Original Samsung Applications thread by sector)

can you post more info on which apps did you remove and which are you trying to add to the ROM??

P.S. did Syakr remove apps without any errors?? (you can see that in the warning.txt that it creates...)

Hi Sector, Shokka9 and all others master of ROMs

First, sorry for my bad english

I decided to create my own rom, but i´m with a little scared to flash this new exe file i´ve created

I used the DXID1 "original" rom. i900DXID1_sc.exe with 160569KB

Reading and doing step by step Shokka9 DOC tutorial, I finished everything "without any error"

Using syakr.exe, I removed everything that did not compromise/brick the phone as you can see the Broda.syakr config file attached here

Following the advice of the Shokka9´s Tutorial, looking the messages.log and warning.log files, says some things that I wanted it to be removed, were not found. It´s normal?

My new rom File have now 133599KB, but i´m scared to flash it.

PLease, check the attached zip file (including message and the warning logs and my config file) here and see if everything is normal or tell me what I have to change. See my config file please :D

Thanks to all

Broda.zip

Edited by Broda

Guest shokka9

bro, just flash it......

Once you flash the first eboot (well twice), then your Omnia cannot be bricked...

The stuff it says havent been removed still need to be...If you look at mario.omnia post with his pdf/doc attachment. You can see what each app relies on (all files, reg, inits).

Or just search your OEM folders for the stuff that hasnt been removed. SYAKR is old, and the file paths are not the same for some apps.

Just manually delete them, and you will be fine.

Good luck

Hi again,

I took the time to download all the Apps from the "Original Samsung Application Thread"...

(the ones that were still available for download)

Then I unpacked them all with Package Creator 2.7 in their folders so that I can make a list

of all the files that Apps have in the ROM so that they could be removed manually...

The result is the following list I made in .PDF and .DOC format and it is intended for all of

you who would like to cook a ROM and have trouble locating all the files that need to be

removed before cooking a nice ROM...

I hope you'll find it useful and may it help you to cook better ROMs...

A list in .PDF format

A list in .DOC format

Thanks for this :D

Edited by Broda

bro, just flash it......

Once you flash the first eboot (well twice), then your Omnia cannot be bricked...

The stuff it says havent been removed still need to be...If you look at mario.omnia post with his pdf/doc attachment. You can see what each app relies on (all files, reg, inits).

Or just search your OEM folders for the stuff that hasnt been removed. SYAKR is old, and the file paths are not the same for some apps.

Just manually delete them, and you will be fine.

Good luck

Thanks Shokka9 one more time

I will try my best :D

Mario.Omnia, could you put here STEP by STEP PLEEEEEEASEEEEEE

13. With Package Creator or Sztupy's cab2pkg tool make packages from CABs so that they can be added in the ROM (I only convert FlashLite 3.1 by LuFeIg and .NETCF 3.5)

I have the two original cab files here (Adobe_Flash_Lite_3.1_provided_by_LuFeIg.cab and NETCFv35.wm.armv4i.cab), but I´m not sure how to use the Package Creator v2.7

Thanks for the help

Edited by Broda

It WORKS :D

Now in Settings/Memory

Storage with 124.53MB Free

Program with 58.03MB free

Updats:

NetFramework 3.5

Flash 3.1

Config:

Don´t warm on unsigned cab

Remove:

Connected Home

Dice

Digital Frame

DivX Registration

NetFrame 2.0

Favority Settings

Flash2.1

FM radio

games

Gogle launcher e maps

GyPSII

Infrared drivers

Install Games

Main Menu

Media Album

One Note

opera

Panel FS

Photoslides

Podcast

RSS Reader

Samsung Clock

Today 1 e 2

Online Widgets

SharePix

SilverinBox

Shozu

Smart Converter

Smarter Reader

Streaming Player

Task Switcher

Useless tests

Unecessary Files

Touch Player

Transcriber

TV Out

Video Editor

Welcome Center

Windows Update

Zoomer

That´s it

Thanks Shokka9

PS: errors found until now

1- *#0002*28346# Do not open the volume control config

2- Alarm do not repeat sound even set to repeat

Edited by Broda

Guest mario.omnia

Excellent,

once you get the hang of it it's not that complicated...

there is only a lot to do...and it takes a considerable amount of time...

I can only guess how much time it takes to port XIP for 6.5 and make a 6.5 ROM...

(if everything is done manually...)

But non the less it's worth it...a personally customized 6.5 ROM...damn I won't have a good night sleep the next week...

Guest Netusboy

People, hi!!

Im from BRAZIL and I trying to cook a rom in portuguese. I found many tutorials on the net, including this one, but I could'nt...

On question: in site of samsung, we can found a rom DZIA5. This is WM6.1 or WM6.5? If it's WM6.1, how I do to transform this in WM6.5? I need to change the KERNEL files, is that?

Some one could change the language in your's test?

Thanks a lot people...

Mario, can you help-me???

Guest mario.omnia
People, hi!!

Im from BRAZIL and I trying to cook a rom in portuguese. I found many tutorials on the net, including this one, but I could'nt...

On question: in site of samsung, we can found a rom DZIA5. This is WM6.1 or WM6.5? If it's WM6.1, how I do to transform this in WM6.5? I need to change the KERNEL files, is that?

Some one could change the language in your's test?

Thanks a lot people...

Mario, can you help-me???

Hi,

DXID1 is the latest official firmware...DZIA5 came before DXID1....

Here's the link for DXID1...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E5X37A6B

6.1 to 6.5....

it's a complicated process...there is a thread for cooking 6.5 ROM...it's written by Sector...

Guest Krazy Radd

Hey guys....whut up...

Now I am also trying to build a WM6.1 Rom 4 my german folks.

So...I am at the beginning.

I wanna remove Smart Reader. Do I have to delete FREmbed.dll, too ???

I'm not really sure....

Edited by Krazy Radd

Guest shokka9
I wanna remove Smart Reader. Do I have to delete FREmbed.dll, too ???

I'm not really sure....

if you look at a cab for smart reader, and break it down, if it spits that file out, then yes u need to remove it.

Are you not using SYOK (sztupy's app) to remove stuff?? Its easier bro, then u only have to tidy up what it didnt remove.

DawG, u should of pm me or smth?

Catch in u G-ROM heaven bro :D

Guest shokka9
It WORKS :D

PS: errors found until now

1- *#0002*28346# Do not open the volume control config

2- Alarm do not repeat sound even set to repeat

1 = Removed uselesss tests, i think that has SoundTester.exe in it, which you need for volume control

2 = Removed Samsung Clock, you need to put back Alarm Watcher to make Alarms work.

:angry:

Enjoy

Guest gengxin

Hi All

Who can help me?

I download the SYOK on my PC(C:/) and install the program on my PC.

Well,...when I double click the download.bat,The following information output

C:\Program Files\Mercurial>download.bat

C:\Program Files\Mercurial>hg clone --debug http://syakr.winmo.sztupy.hu/hg/omni

a-eng

using http://syakr.winmo.sztupy.hu/hg/omnia-eng

sending between command

** unknown exception encountered, details follow

** report bug details to http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/bts

** or [email protected]

** Mercurial Distributed SCM (version 1.1.1+20081229)

** Extensions loaded: win32text

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "hg", line 20, in <module>

File "mercurial\dispatch.pyc", line 20, in run

File "mercurial\dispatch.pyc", line 29, in dispatch

File "mercurial\dispatch.pyc", line 45, in _runcatch

File "mercurial\dispatch.pyc", line 367, in _dispatch

File "mercurial\dispatch.pyc", line 416, in _runcommand

File "mercurial\dispatch.pyc", line 376, in checkargs

File "mercurial\dispatch.pyc", line 361, in <lambda>

File "mercurial\util.pyc", line 715, in check

File "mercurial\commands.pyc", line 595, in clone

File "mercurial\hg.pyc", line 120, in clone

File "mercurial\hg.pyc", line 61, in repository

File "mercurial\httprepo.pyc", line 234, in instance

File "mercurial\httprepo.pyc", line 155, in between

File "mercurial\httprepo.pyc", line 119, in do_read

File "mercurial\httprepo.pyc", line 95, in do_cmd

File "rfc822.pyc", line 384, in __getitem__

KeyError: 'content-type'

C:\Program Files\Mercurial>

Please help me !!!

Thanks Shokka9

Others question/doubt

1- How to rebuild a rom without the PHONE.BIN ?

Before execute "i900tool.exe -p myrom.exe", I need to delete the PHONE.BIN inside the kitchen folder? I dont need the Phone.bin because my omnia already have the DXID1, right?

I do not want to waste time updating what does not need :)

2- After use syakr and remove/add what I want, some link/shortcuts programs did not appears in Start Menu\Programs in my Omnia, like the Internet Explorer and the Office (Word, Excell, POwerpoint). But after that, I installed the SPB Mobile Shell, and in SPB program menu, the Internet Explorer and the Office softwares (Word, excell, powerpoint) shortcuts/links shows/appear well...

Why?

Sorry for my bad english

After studing a little bit more, I undestud what happens about my question number 2. Need only awnser about how to create a rom without the phone part. Thanks

Edited by Broda

Guest shokka9
Thanks Shokka9

Need only awnser about how to create a rom without the phone part. Thanks

Yes, delete or rename to phone_01.bin or something.

Easier to put in archive, or if already in archive, delete.

Enjoy bro.