Htc Touch Pro calls and... headache! :-(

Guest proto163

Guest proto163

Hello everybody.

i'm here just to ask you if any of you has experienced the same problem I'm having.

After a couple of minutes of call (without the headset), I've got a "light" headache. If the call last for more than 10 minutes, my head is painful for a couple of hours.

I've never had headache during my life (except few times I've got the flu) and I always talked a lot with mobile phones without having such pain.

Does any of you experience the same issue?

Could it be a problem of "electromagnetic shield" lack? Perhaps it coul be just a problem of my Htc Pro Touch?

Thanks a lot for your feedback...

It will be very apreciated.

I really find such phone perfect but... I cannot use it without the headset for this reason.

:-(

• 1 month later...
Force the Phone into 3G only.

The frequencys 3G use don't fry your brain (Or interfeare with other electrical devices)

your wrong!

it`s the exact opposite!!

3G uses wave similar to your microwave oven!(2100 and MV is 2400).

2G is the safest wave - 900.

Guest UndeadDevil

I thought it was obvious that I was taking the P*** but anyways even so aint it usually 1.8-1.9Ghz for 3G??!..... I did see a up-coming auction in the news for 2.6Ghz for 3G soon though...

• 1 month later...
Guest jchamier
I thought it was obvious that I was taking the P*** but anyways even so aint it usually 1.8-1.9Ghz for 3G??!..... I did see a up-coming auction in the news for 2.6Ghz for 3G soon though...

Depends on countries:

2G - GSM

O2/Vodafone = 900mhz

T-Mobile/Orange = 1800mhz

(note that Voda also have some 1800mhz cell sites, don't know about O2).

3G - WCDMA

2100mhz

In the USA however things are a bit different with 850 and 1900mhz used for GSM (AT&T and T-mobile) and 2100mhz used for AT&T's 3G, but T-mobile have a new frequency around the 700mhz mark... I believe.

There there are the CDMA networks (not to be confused with WCDMA) such as Verizon and Sprint, who work differently, and don't have SIM cards for example. (Allegedly range per cell site is slightly higher on CDMA)

Wikipedia is worth a read B)