Fixing bluetooth audio routing for i900

Guest liads

Guest Zusan

I cooked a rom using liads modifications and Iam using msvc 1.6 with no problems. But still the people I talk to complain that they hear me too loud and sometimes distorted. So tried around with audiogaincontrol. I was able to lower my loudness a bit by going to "Talking/Talking_Bluetooth/Common Part/OUT3/4 Volume" and set it from -9 to -46.5db. But Iam still coming over a little bit too loud. Are there any other ideas what one could change?

While searching for the right settings I found a pdf-document, that describes some of the settings coming from the view of programming the audio-chips. I attached this document to this post, so if someone wants to have look at it... It describes at least some of the settings a bit. Maybe this helps someone...

Zusan

datasheet.pdf

Guest liads
liads, some news on the cab to make all the change simultaneously? ther's a way to fix the bt problem without hardreset?

thanks

Hi desertfalcon,

Sorry for not updating.

I did give it a try a while ago, following gemx's ideas, but just couldn't get the dlls working outside the ROM.

Not sure what I missed, but I still believe it's possible.

I should probably give it another try, but a little short on free time lately..

Guest liads
I cooked a rom using liads modifications and Iam using msvc 1.6 with no problems. But still the people I talk to complain that they hear me too loud and sometimes distorted. So tried around with audiogaincontrol. I was able to lower my loudness a bit by going to "Talking/Talking_Bluetooth/Common Part/OUT3/4 Volume" and set it from -9 to -46.5db. But Iam still coming over a little bit too loud. Are there any other ideas what one could change?

While searching for the right settings I found a pdf-document, that describes some of the settings coming from the view of programming the audio-chips. I attached this document to this post, so if someone wants to have look at it... It describes at least some of the settings a bit. Maybe this helps someone...

Zusan

Hi Zusan,

Seems like the "OUT 3/4 Volume" setting has two values (the mask is FFFF). If you set the "Value" box to "1F1F", you should get -46.5 on both "OUT 4" and "OUT 3" (and you'd later be able to set both using the select boxes).

Have you tried messing with the "MIC Routing", "MIC PGA Volume", "Record PGA Volume" or "Record Routing / Mux Select" ? (Make sure you don't exceed the mask for these)

And thanks for the pdf. It might come in handy.

(P.S. I take no responsibility if anything goes wrong. I'm just guessing here)

• 1 month later...
Guest angellm

Hello everyone.

I made all changes pos1, but pressing the car's bluetooth does not activate the speed dial.

Can I change it in the kitchen.

Thank you. for his fantastic work

• 2 months later...

If we use SRS or FTouchSL there new dlls in registry. Are they going to be any problem if we dont use the touch.dll and zylonite_wavedev2.dll?

I am trying to make a cab without needing to cook the files. I have resigned the dlls but i need to know if we will have a problem not using the below 2 dlls.

Anyway i could make 2 cabs with SRS and FTouchSL and without them but it will be better to clarify.

SRS:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\WaveDev:Dll --> WOWHD_ARM_WCE_PPC2005_Driver.dll , it should be the zylonite_wavedev2.dll instead from original

having HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\WaveDev:OldDriver -->zylonite_wavedev2.dll

FtouchSL:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH:DriverName -->FTouchSLDLL.dll , it should be touch.dll instead from original

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH:PrevDriverName --> touch.dll

Take care

Guest dannych99
If we use SRS or FTouchSL there new dlls in registry. Are they going to be any problem if we dont use the touch.dll and zylonite_wavedev2.dll?

I am trying to make a cab without needing to cook the files. I have resigned the dlls but i need to know if we will have a problem not using the below 2 dlls.

Anyway i could make 2 cabs with SRS and FTouchSL and without them but it will be better to clarify.

SRS:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\WaveDev:Dll --> WOWHD_ARM_WCE_PPC2005_Driver.dll , it should be the zylonite_wavedev2.dll instead from original

having HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\WaveDev:OldDriver -->zylonite_wavedev2.dll

FtouchSL:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH:DriverName -->FTouchSLDLL.dll , it should be touch.dll instead from original

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH:PrevDriverName --> touch.dll

Take care

It's a good news. CANNOT WAIT :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Stepan B.

Can anybody help me to make ROM with integrated and worked Voice Commander without any configurations after flash?

Where I can load package with Voice Commander (OR Voice Dialer)?

Sory for my English.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying to incorporate all these valuable research findings into my roms as well.

2 problems I faced:

• Video camera crashes to home screen
  • Lock on wakeup option does not work, though you can wakeup the device with any button

The first problem can be solved by hex editing nk.exe, but I'm still stuck at the second after dozens of flashes.

Anyone want to lend a hand to fix this?  :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Matt_971

i have read quite a bit about this BT headset n VC.

Such a shame it never worked out of the box. My old Jasjam even had VC. Ahh well THANKS SAMSUNG.....

Anyways OCK I downloaded and running your rom now but noticed you took the BTAR out. I have tried it and doesnt work so is def not in there.

Have you got a rom working with it and video fixed. The lock on wakeup doesnt bother me as I set my device to wakeup by power button ONLY otherwise it turns on in my pocket all the time lol.

Would love to have this working. Would make it a perfect rom then.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
Guest blodnje
I've been trying to incorporate all these valuable research findings into my roms as well.

2 problems I faced:

• Video camera crashes to home screen
  • Lock on wakeup option does not work, though you can wakeup the device with any button

The first problem can be solved by hex editing nk.exe, but I'm still stuck at the second after dozens of flashes.

Anyone want to lend a hand to fix this?  :P

I am using 23551 which is ok, stable. BTAR problem. I am not a cook but I am able to do some magic. Is there any way to get BTAR working/test without downgrade to some old ROM, where is usually something vital missing? I (desperate) want to improve audio book listening experience :(

Keep the G(o)od work! :(

Regards

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lorenzawer

Hello everybody and thank you very much to those who are working hard for the benefit of users (Liads, Stevenh, KhuanChai, Ock...).

I know nothing about roms or flashing, but I now must learn since hands free functionality is REALY important to me. For what I have read I assume BTAR3.zip is the newest file in this regard so far (04-25-10). However I don't know if that file is a rom itself or it is something you have posted for programmers to test and try to find possible bugs.

In case it is a rom, I assume that it will let me push the microphone button on my car hands-free, say the name of the contact I want to call and let me talk through the car mic. Carkit (alpine 103bt -parrot KC5000-) phone (omnia i900 -WM 6.1 with CVSD).

If I am correct so far, I finally found what I was looking for. In case it is not a rom yet, I will wait, but I would be very gratefull if any of you could enlight me with a simpler solution with the best functionality (I intend to have my cellphone lost in a pocket and still not needing to crash my car trying to get it out to push buttons or speak close to it- yes, I am picky).

And last thing, please let me know, if there's a link you are familiar with, that could help rookies flash their cells from a know-nothing basis :huh: (OS Vista Home 32 with WM Device Center).

Thank you indeed for your help.

I am Spanish, if you are wondering about my weird writting :P

Edited by lorenzawer

• 9 months later...
For ROM cooks:

1. Replace zylonite_wavedev2.dll, touch.dll, speakerphone.dll and fmradio.dll folders (modules) in OEMDrivers with the ones attached here.

2. Add the registry values from the attached rgu file into the OEMDrivers rgu.

3. Put the attached AudioGainControl.exe and AudioGainControlStart.lnk into OEMApps.

(if you publish your custom ROM, please give credit)

Hello. I now cook the wm6.1 rom with this tutorial. BT routing is working. All audio route to the BT headset. (I use bt audio toggle program). I hear a Windows sounds on the headsets.

I have installed (cooked)a Cyberon Voice Speed Dial.

What I must make, to run (by pressing the bt headset button) Voice speed dial and audio routing?

Now if I press the button...nothing happen...

Please help me, where is a string to headset button (registry?).

Regards.

• 5 months later...