How to mount a new Touch panel on OMNIA

Guest lantony

Guest lantony
They provide tool, as mentioned :(

I got the old touch with sensitivity problem...

That's why i HAD to change ! =p

oh yes u're right, i didnt read the description.

Good luck then and let me know B)

Guest denteno
Cool! i prefer that one too, what a pity they don't provide the tools as well. Anyway do u have the old touch with sensitivity problems?

Mine is this one below, i think i have the supertouch but not completely sure :S

i just saw your video on youtube

1. what version of spp shell are you using

2. i've noticed that your screen is better sensitivity then mine , what have you done ??

Guest Rapixx

2. i've noticed that your screen is better sensitivity then mine , what have you done ??

I think that's not HIS device ;p

Samsung changed the touch screen of omnia, some have the old (I do ...) which is almost bad ! xD, some have the new, quite good, something comparable to iphone one (Not really as some might say ^^, but really responsive !^^)

Guest lantony
I think that's not HIS device ;p

of course that's my mobile and I made the 2 videos B)

1. SPB shell is the latest vers. 2.1.5 plus skins

2. I didnt do nothing to my screen, just used a very thin pen for the calibration

Edited by lantony

Guest Natsirt

Perhaps its related to the ROM version you're using??? I'm using Taril's DXHL3 ROM and my screen sensitivity is just like the one in the videos, and I bought my Omnia back in october 08. Before i switched to Taril's ROM, my screen wasn't as responsive and i could really tell the difference once I had switched, it was actually comparable to the iPhone/iPod Touch.

Guest denteno
<br />Perhaps its related to the ROM version you're using??? I'm using Taril's DXHL3 ROM and my screen sensitivity is just like the one in the videos, and I bought my Omnia back in october 08. Before i switched to Taril's ROM, my screen wasn't as responsive and i could really tell the difference once I had switched, it was actually comparable to the iPhone/iPod Touch.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

i'm on qbus dxia5 rom !!

so is taril's roms the best sensitivity ??

Guest lastnikita

I never saw that samsung changed the screen.... I bought mine in august, and it's as sensitive as in the youtube vidz.

Where did you guys got that information ? If true, I might go in a shop and test new omnia to feel the difference, if any..

Guest GodsGift

Guys I am really interested in this topic as the one (and only) thing I would change about my omnia is the screen sensitivity.

Using Sectors 6.5 rom and the sensitivity and accuracy is superb if I use a fingernail or a stylus.

But I get little or no response using my fingers ....

Are these new screens that much better?

GG

Guest jonson

I'm also interested in this topic because I was disappointed of my Omnia as it's sensitivity is not what I expect. I once tried my brother's HTC P3600 and I was impressed by the touch sensitivity. Should Samsung Support change my screen for FREE as it is still under warranty?

Anyone tried it ?

Guest lantony
<br /><br /><br />

i'm on qbus dxia5 rom !!

Your ROM is fine since it's the latest official available. There are some tricks to improve the sensitivity but if you have the old touch, there's nothing more you can do.

I never saw that samsung changed the screen.... I bought mine in august, and it's as sensitive as in the youtube vidz.

Where did you guys got that information ? If true, I might go in a shop and test new omnia to feel the difference, if any..

I can garantee you that here in Italy if your Omnia has touch problems you just go in a Samsung service centre and they replace your old touch panel completely free if the phone is under warranty. So many people did it successfully and they couldn't believe to the difference with the new touch screen: no pressure and no need for nails !!!

But if your sensitivity is quite good now, maybe they won't change it. There's not really a way to find out if you have the old or the new touch but there is something to try:

try to drag a Samsung widget with your pinkie just with a soft pressure. If you are not able to do it that means that you have the old touch screen. I am able to do it so i should have the better touch, but i would like to replace it with the black one that is so cool! That's why i started this topic: wanted to know if anybody replaced it yet, the black touch is cheap on ebay.

Edited by lantony

Guest eichyl

I've asked the German Samsung Support and they say: There is no new Hardware or something else they never changed anything on the Omnia Hardware and no they dont replace it for free. B)

Edited by eichyl

Guest lantony
I've asked the German Samsung Support and they say: There is no new Hardware or something else they never changed anything on the Omnia Hardware and no they dont replace it for free. :(

if you can speak italian i can give you many links when dozens and dozens of people say that it's totally possible and they replace it for free B)

take a look here, in English: http://www.modaco.com/content-page/275877/...solved/page/80/

Edited by lantony

Guest Natsirt
<br /><br /><br />

i'm on qbus dxia5 rom !!

im not sure about other roms or if tarils is the best sensitivity?? all i do know is that taril stated that in his custom DXHL3 rom, he had put in some new codes or drivers or sumthing (forgot what it is exactly B)) that makes the screen a bit more sensitive, and i really felt the difference when i switched.. especially when i was flicking and scrolling thru pictures in the media album. Prior to tarils rom i was using PaSSoA's custom DXHK1 manilla 2d rom.

Guest lantony
im not sure about other roms or if tarils is the best sensitivity?? all i do know is that taril stated that in his custom DXHL3 rom, he had put in some new codes or drivers or sumthing (forgot what it is exactly B) ) that makes the screen a bit more sensitive, and i really felt the difference when i switched.. especially when i was flicking and scrolling thru pictures in the media album. Prior to tarils rom i was using PaSSoA's custom DXHK1 manilla 2d rom.

yep that's the trick i was talking before, it's based on some registry values to change. The new touch will still be better than that.

Guest lantony
in fact, it's not the new LCD, it's only TSP (Touch Sensing Panel). B)

yep u're right, this has nothing to do with the LCD :( Just the touch placed on top of the LCD

Guest Natsirt

im happy with my omnia the way it is now xD might not be the most sensitive screen out there.. but its decent B) dont wanna risk having to take apart the screen and then to find its loosened up and tons of dust keeps getting in there :(

Guest lastnikita

Sure but you said:

here in Italy if your Omnia has touch problems you just go in a Samsung service centre and they replace your old touch panel

so that's normal those people see a difference with the new touch screen if they had problems before...

so I believe there is no new screen, but some omnia with problems.

Mine needs more pressure on the right side of the screen :(

But the sensitivity is good enough on the rest... since I removed the invisible shield B)

Guest lantony
Sure but you said:

so that's normal those people see a difference with the new touch screen if they had problems before...

so I believe there is no new screen, but some omnia with problems.

Mine needs more pressure on the right side of the screen :(

But the sensitivity is good enough on the rest... since I removed the invisible shield B)

It appears to be a revisited version of the touchscreen, the first Omnia releases (for example July 2008) have this old touch. All the most recent like Omnia Reloaded mount the new one (more sensitive and needs less pressure). That's it :(

Guest Rapixx

of course that's my mobile and I made the 2 videos B)

Woo, ok... you obviously get the new touch sreen xD !! Mine don't work with my finger , gotta use something sharp ...

Guest denteno
im not sure about other roms or if tarils is the best sensitivity?? all i do know is that taril stated that in his custom DXHL3 rom, he had put in some new codes or drivers or sumthing (forgot what it is exactly B) ) that makes the screen a bit more sensitive, and i really felt the difference when i switched.. especially when i was flicking and scrolling thru pictures in the media album. Prior to tarils rom i was using PaSSoA's custom DXHK1 manilla 2d rom.

can you plz give me the reg. value of your calibration