How to mount a new Touch panel on OMNIA

Guest lantony

Guest lantony
reloaded was early 2k9, I bought mine in august !

I don't say it's wrong, just still wonder where you got this information B)

read the previous page :(

Guest Jeroi

So how can you tell which screen is what? I'm looking at the websites mentioned but how do you really know what you're buying? I have to use my nail to navigate on the screen. At this point I think that Samsung is really dropping the ball with their product. I am not at all impressed with my omnia but I just can't afford to buy a new one. B)

Guest Natsirt
can you plz give me the reg. value of your calibration

I'm not sure how to get to my registry as i dont have any programs atm that can access that but i did find this on another post and it has helped others: maybe you should try it out B)

519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872

Guest lantony
So how can you tell which screen is what? I'm looking at the websites mentioned but how do you really know what you're buying? I have to use my nail to navigate on the screen. At this point I think that Samsung is really dropping the ball with their product. I am not at all impressed with my omnia but I just can't afford to buy a new one. B)

I am not completely sure that the touch screens on ebay are the most recent one, but i would like to buy the black one and it shoudl be the most sensitive since it's one of the most recent :(

Try this tricks on your mobile, they should improve the sensitivity: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > HARDWARE > DEVICEMAP > TOUCH >"CalibrationData" change to the following: 519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > HARDWARE > DEVICEMAP > TOUCH > change the "click" value to:

and the downup value to:

but if you have to use the nail the best thing to do, would be replace the touch screen with the new one

Guest yts17

sorry but all of you people talking about the NEW OMNIA SCREENS as a matter of fact IS a better One . sorry but where did you get that info !!!! why you are so sure. couldn't it just be that we always feels alittle disappointed about our deviced compared to new ones !

Guest Michael122w
Cool! i prefer that one too, what a pity they don't provide the tools as well. Anyway do u have the old touch with sensitivity problems?

Mine is this one below, i think i have the supertouch but not completely sure :S

wow! there is no way that my omnia would respond to those sorts of finger gestures. My omnia is sweet for the fingernail movements - but if I use the padded part of my finger - it would never recognise the gesture! I would love to have that sort of recognition on my touch screen - are the ebay screens the old or new type?? Would hate to risk breaking my omnia, only to end up with the same unresponsive screen!

Guest lantony
sorry but all of you people talking about the NEW OMNIA SCREENS as a matter of fact IS a better One . sorry but where did you get that info !!!! why you are so sure. couldn't it just be that we always feels alittle disappointed about our deviced compared to new ones !

With a simply search you could have avoided your question, anyway:

I can tell you that it's 100% true: i am telling this because dozens and dozens of people in Italy went to a Samsung service centre asking for a free replacement of their touch because they had to do lot of pressure and the sensitivity was really bad. The centre replaced it and all of them can see a huge improvement. ROM was still the same and nothing else had been modified except for the new touch screen.

For example read post #82 and #95 at this page.

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/275877/...solved/page/80/

Hope you all understood now B)

Edited by lantony

Guest yts17

I can tell you that it's 100% true: i am telling this because dozens and dozens of people in Italy went to a Samsung service centre asking for a free replacement of their touch because they had to do lot of pressure and the sensitivity was really bad. The centre replaced it and all of them can see a huge improvement. ROM was still the same and nothing else had been modified except for the new touch screen.

mmmm Now we are talking :( ! thanks for the confirmation. for a moment i just thought that's all of that was bla bla !

I will keep an eye on that topic with more interesting now . thanks

Guest lantony
mmmm Now we are talking B) ! thanks for the confirmation. for a moment i just thought that's all of that was bla bla !

I will keep an eye on that topic with more interesting now . thanks

You could have solved all your doubts by simply reading all the previous posts of this thread :( It had already been said.

Guest yts17
You could have solved all your doubts by simply reading all the previous posts of this thread B) It had already been said.

Ya :$ . sorry for making fast reply .

anyway How can i know if I have the new touchscreen or the old one . is there a specific release date for the omnia that should have the new supertouch screens!

Guest lantony
Ya :$ . sorry for making fast reply .

anyway How can i know if I have the new touchscreen or the old one . is there a specific release date for the omnia that should have the new supertouch screens!

read post 38 of this thread. Anyway if you have one of the latest Omnia, like the black one or Omnia reloaded, you will surely have the new hardware.

Guest Rapixx

I got a question ... If I go to samsung france (in fact i don't think the country matters...) BUT with a custom rom, would they change my touch screen anyway ?? ^^

Guest lantony
I got a question ... If I go to samsung france (in fact i don't think the country matters...) BUT with a custom rom, would they change my touch screen anyway ?? ^^

IMHO i don't think so, you should have an official samsung Rom on your OMnia when you bring it to the samsung assistance. But maybe they don't even check it B) but it's a risk anyway

Guest lantony
Anyway ... I bought a screen ! ^^

And I can go back to an official rom whenever I want ! (I think ... xD)

yep that's true. I bought the same as yours, i only hope the the installation will not be so difficult B)

Guest msra6la2
I am not completely sure that the touch screens on ebay are the most recent one, but i would like to buy the black one and it shoudl be the most sensitive since it's one of the most recent B)

Try this tricks on your mobile, they should improve the sensitivity: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > HARDWARE > DEVICEMAP > TOUCH >"CalibrationData" change to the following: 519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > HARDWARE > DEVICEMAP > TOUCH > change the "click" value to:

and the downup value to:

but if you have to use the nail the best thing to do, would be replace the touch screen with the new one

I don't use my nail, I use the top of my left and/or right thumb and of my right index finger, it does the job equally well. But becos mine has the old touch screen. It can never be as good as my F488 Touchwiz which has Capacitive touchscreen (it's the Tocco but in Asia it's called the Touchwiz).

Thing is - I read the user manual and I have decided it's way too complicated for me to complete the replacement process. I don't fancy doing such job....in case I screw my phone up (I mean literally breaking it into pieces). Samsung UK is a bunch of pricks who wouldn't do s*** for you, so if I need some1 trustworthy who can complete the job for me

Guest Michael122w
Samsung UK is a bunch of pricks who wouldn't do s*** for you, so if I need some1 trustworthy who can complete the job for me

Agree - Samsungs credibility has dropped a level in my books - the touch screen on our devices is rubbish and they have clearly corrected the fault in newer devices. Worst of all, they haven't even given us the information to know how to fix our devices (eg publish a part number or production sequence so we can fix out devices - even at out own expense).

But, I am still keen to get a new Digitizor and have my screen respond properly B) My only concern it the range of digitizors availalbe on ebay. There are cheap ones for AUD$30 (inc postage) though to AUD$75. Which ones are the good ones and which are just old stock. I really don't want to stuff round with my screen only to find out I have added the same dodgy screen back in!! Anyone have any clues?

Michael

Guest ronzo77

Hi Rapixx, lantony, have you installed the wholesaleandy touchscreens? Anything to report? Want to confirm if they are the newer better ones B)

Guest Rapixx
Hi Rapixx, lantony, have you installed the wholesaleandy touchscreens? Anything to report? Want to confirm if they are the newer better ones B)

I didn't received it yet, and lantony shouldn't.

Just wait 7-15 days, and I will report !! ^^

(I can't wait .. ='( )

Guest grypenigma

hi all,

i'm from malaysia and i asked the samsung service center earlier today on this super touch, they said there is no such thing?

is it only available in other countries?

Guest lantony
hi all,

i'm from malaysia and i asked the samsung service center earlier today on this super touch, they said there is no such thing?

is it only available in other countries?

Oh my god are you joking? Of course they told you that!

Supertouch is just a name that i used to specify that there are 2 different touch. You just should go to the samsung centre and tell them that the touch on your Omnia is not responsive and it's really bad even if you updated to the latest rom. They will provide you a touch replacement for free (at least that's what happens in Italy)