FPSEce 1.0, the perfect psx emulator is about to be released

Guest i900french-addict

Guest i900french-addict

The so-long expected FPSEce 1.0 is really about to be released!

In fact, it is almost ready!

I've got in touch with Schtrunck, one of the two genius who created FPSEce.(who's french, BTW lol)

He wanted to test version 1.0 on a display like the one of the omnia, so I got a beta version.

More, since it's really about to be released very soon, he allowed me to make videos.

I got the beta version yesterday evening, and....my god, it's juste amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-New wondefull menus with a lot of features (you can see it in the 1st video), very esay mapping of a bluetooth gamepad, sound volume, xda volume, mem cards, etc

-full compatibility with pocket iso. More, roms made with pocket iso have a perfect sound!!!!!

-Full color videos!!!!!!

-Many games running at 60fps without frameskip!!!!!!!!!!!

-Frameskip is much more efficient, setting it on 7 allows to reach 40fps with the few slowest games, most of the time without lagging to much

-increased compatibility, for example Final Fantasy 9 fully working, 60fps with no frameskip, perfect sound, perfect colors!!!!

It's just amazing!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have too much time today, I promise to make other videos by the middle of the week!

And remember it is a beta version, but the real final version is about to be launched !

Video 1: FPSEce 1.0 new menus

Video 2: Final Fantasy 9, no frameskip !

Guest BuhbaTequila

so this is a playstation emu for the omnia? TIIGHTT!!!

how are you controlling the character in that second video?

i wish they could make like a uber mini controller you could hook up to..that would be sweet:)

very nice man thanks!

Guest thescope

OMG WOW thx m8, this is the best news for the past few months!

I cant wait B) :( :( !

Is there a date for the release? your killing me here XD

Is it me or is the screen still not full screen?

Edited by thescope

Guest Daugvolf

How's this thing account for the lack of buttons on the omnia? Can you map g-positions for tilt/gesture control or something?

EDIT: Actually, has anyone ever made a program that just remaps g-sensor coordinates to buttons like the up down left right?

Edited by Daugvolf

Guest i900french-addict

In this beta version, it is not completly full screen, but it is working perfectly in landscape mode.

In fact, due to the strange display of the omnia, a complete full screen would need modifying the original display ratio of the psx that was made for regular TV

How do I controll this?

=> a bluetooth gamepad of course (MSI BGP100 easily availiable on Ebay), look for my other posts in this forum in the "games for omnia" topic, I've dealt here a few times about fpsece and the bluetooth gamepad

Virtual gamepad will be implemented in this version (like in version 0.9.6 or 0.9.5) but since the omnia is not multi touch screen, the bluetooth gamepad is much better for the omnia.

Edited by i900french-addict

Guest i900french-addict

3 other new videos of FPSEce 1.0 beta

Special Final Fantasy 8

(if you look at my other videos, you can compare the same scene on fpsece 0.9.6 and 1.0)

Guest i900french-addict
Cheers!

Does anyone have any idea if this works with a ps3 controller? I know it's bluetooth but i haven't yet tried it out.

for what I know, no one tried to make drivers for this, and without specific drivers, it won't work.

But the MSI BGP100 bluetooth gamepad is not so expensive and can be founf easily on ebay

In France, a web seller sells an MSI clone (working with the omnia after a few modifications) for 3,99 euros!

Guest enede
Does it work with the Omnia's TV out function?

Alors ca peut etre vraiment incroyable!

+1

But, i think that not, because the TV OUT is for video, true?

Guest Bismar
+1

But, i think that not, because the TV OUT is for video, true?

The omnia tv out works with anything. As soon as you plug the cable it it displays whatever is on the omnia, ie S2U2 Spb mobile shell and whatever media player.

Meanwhile i envy you frenchaddict, i can't even get my FFVIII working on version 0.096 B)

Stupid original CDs seem to be useless for emulators.

Just out of curiosity are you running the games from a microsd card or the internal memory?

Edited by Bismar

Guest i900french-addict
The omnia tv out works with anything. As soon as you plug the cable it it displays whatever is on the omnia, ie S2U2 Spb mobile shell and whatever media player.

Meanwhile i envy you frenchaddict, i can't even get my FFVIII working on version 0.096 B)

Stupid original CDs seem to be useless for emulators.

Just out of curiosity are you running the games from a microsd card or the internal memory?

Of course it works with the TV out, go and see my channel on youtube, there's a video of destruction derby 2 on my 40'' full hd TV. But it's of course pixelized, the TVout display is too weak, so it's nice only on small or medium-size traditional TV's

It's sometimes hard to get a working iso from the original CD, you have to try different iso-making softwares, that's true.

BUT version 1.0 will be way more compatible, and it will definitly support PocketIso.

I run the game from the internal memory, Schtrunck told me that my 8giga microSD would be slower than the internal memory, so it could slow FPSEce down.

Guest chnytsn

Wow, no frameskip, perfect sound, perfect color. I can't wait B).

When this version will release ? May I have this beta version ? *hehe :(

Guest enede

Hi again.

I have a problem with the previus version (0.09.5) And it give me an error with cd-rom (?) I dont understand, i have PAL BIOS on folder.

Any idea?

Guest i900french-addict
Hi again.

I have a problem with the previus version (0.09.5) And it give me an error with cd-rom (?) I dont understand, i have PAL BIOS on folder.

Any idea?

Yes, the CD-rom error happens when using compressed roms (made with pocket iso?).

With versions 0.9.5 and 0.9.6, you should use "raw" isos, without any compression.

This problem will be fixed in version 1.0

For 843, I don't know the date of the release, but if Schtruck agrees to let me make videos, that's because it won't be long

Guest enede
Yes, the CD-rom error happens when using compressed roms (made with pocket iso?).

With versions 0.9.5 and 0.9.6, you should use "raw" isos, without any compression.

This problem will be fixed in version 1.0

For 843, I don't know the date of the release, but if Schtruck agrees to let me make videos, that's because it won't be long

Ok, thanks. I try again. Where do i get the version 1.0? I dont see for download...

Guest i900french-addict
have you tried FF7?

that's my favorite :-)

FF7 is working full speed (55/60 fps) with my beta version 1.0, and was already more than 35fps with version 0.9.6 or 0.9.5(still free and available on fpsece.net) and you don't even need a bluetooth gamepad to play the Final fantasy saga (virtuel gamepad is enough)

Guest Jokes On You
FF7 is working full speed (55/60 fps) with my beta version 1.0, and was already more than 35fps with version 0.9.6 or 0.9.5(still free and available on fpsece.net) and you don't even need a bluetooth gamepad to play the Final fantasy saga (virtuel gamepad is enough)

Hey addict is Fpsece still going to be freeware?

Guest i900french-addict
Hey addict is Fpsece still going to be freeware?

Seems that there will be a free version, but with the possibility to buy some options (like saving or loading the game at any time, a memory card manager...) for a very small price (something like 5 euros........the price of a poor java game from your provider lol))

Guest Jokes On You
Seems that there will be a free version, but with the possibility to buy some options (like saving or loading the game at any time, a memory card manager...) for a very small price (something like 5 euros........the price of a poor java game from your provider lol))

Ok thanks. If the new version is working as good as it looks Im going to have a ball loading up NFL Gameday and laughing at all of my friends branded phones :( B)

Guest i900french-addict

OK, let's go, here are all the videos I've made (allowed by Schtruck) of my beta version of FPSEce 1.0

focus on the new menu

Final Fantasy 9

Final Fantasy 8 (Iffrit G-force)

Final Fantasy 8 in-game video and battles

International Superstar soccer

Breath of Fire 4 intro

Tekken 2 intro

Tekken 1 : Yoshimitsu combo

Cool Boarder 3

Resident Evil 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ND5mUCF8k0

Why does it perform so well on the Omnia? It doesn't even have a dedicated 3D engine. 0.96b running 2D games on my Omnia don't even run full speed.

By the way, how hot does the phone get?