Change SSL Port for ActiveSync

Guest CJDUva

Guest CJDUva

I have a Windows 2003 server with IIS 6 and Exchange 2003 SP2. The IIS server hosts 4 websites: the default website, my company site (outside of the default website) with Starfield cert, OWA outside of the default website for my homeowners association (HOA) e-mail, and OWA for my business (outside of the default website).

My router passes SSL on port 443 to company website, it passes SSL on port 444 to the HOA OWA (they connect by specifying the port e.g. https://webmail.hoa.com:444). The router is configured to pass SSL on port 1443 to my company OWA. I have created the virtual directories for ActiveSync and OMA under the HTTP virtual server in Exchange.

DirectPush doesn't work, and when I force a sync I get an error (0x80072F06 - You have an incorrect SSL certificate common name... ). I think that the error is due to the fact that the default SSL port is being used, and the router is forwarding the traffic to the "wrong" site.

When I try adding a port number to the server in the ActiveSync server configuration, then the device can't find the server.

How does one change the port used for SSL on the Windows Mobile device?

Thanks.