s0cks ROM: Omnia WM 6.1 DXID1 [ENG] with all default APP!

Guest s0cks

Guest Augustocvc

s0cks boa noite ou dia... é o seguinte... já procurei e perguntei em um monte de lugar mas ninguém deu resposta de como fazer o que quero. Por acaso você sabe como criar um language cab do nosso idioma sem precisar recompilar a rom toda? Somente um language.cab mesmo... já vi de outros idiomas e até rumores de que a própria Samsung iria liberar esses pacotes de idiomas mas apenas rumores acredito. Baixei uma rom da Claro e extraí os arquivos mui mas não faço a menor idéia de como criar esse pacote de idiomas. Se souber como posso começar ou onde posso encontrar referências pois já rodei o modaco todinho e realmente não achei. Parabéns pelo grande trabalho feito, estou baixando e depois vou testar... Obrigado...

Guest lagoskon
s0cks boa noite ou dia... é o seguinte... já procurei e perguntei em um monte de lugar mas ninguém deu resposta de como fazer o que quero. Por acaso você sabe como criar um language cab do nosso idioma sem precisar recompilar a rom toda? Somente um language.cab mesmo... já vi de outros idiomas e até rumores de que a própria Samsung iria liberar esses pacotes de idiomas mas apenas rumores acredito. Baixei uma rom da Claro e extraí os arquivos mui mas não faço a menor idéia de como criar esse pacote de idiomas. Se souber como posso começar ou onde posso encontrar referências pois já rodei o modaco todinho e realmente não achei. Parabéns pelo grande trabalho feito, estou baixando e depois vou testar... Obrigado...

εννοειται . παρα πολυ σωστα ολα αυτά.

Socks, PLEASE let's keep the thread in ENGLISH so we all can understand. Thanks

Guest s0cks

Bom... eu sei criar cabs... mas quais os arquivos precisam ser mudados pra mudança de idioma ainda não sei...

Não basta mudar os MUI... Os executáveis estão cheios de textos... em ingles e até mesmo coreano...

Um dia eu vou investigar isso...

Mas sinceramente prefiro manter o aparelho em ingles... pq praticamente todos os programas pra windows mobile são em inglês...

Então ficar com uma mistureba desgraçada não curto...

Sem contar que ocorrem vários problemas por causa do idioma não ser inglês... (alguns programas procuram alguns arquivos especificos do idioma)...

Mas há um tópico sobre isso... que talvez possa te ajudar...

Change your WM 6.1 language in your custom rom

-----

I know how to create cabs, but what files we need to change for a new languague... I don't know yet...

Changing only the MUI's isn't enough... because the exe files are in english too (sometimes in korean)

Maybe one day I'll see how to do it...

But I prefer my phone in english... because most of the progams are in english...

I don't like to have a mix of programs in different languages...

Considering that we have problems because the language isn't english... (some programs seek some specific files to the language)...

But there is a topic about... maybe it can help you...

Change your WM 6.1 language in your custom rom

e???e?ta? . pa?a p??? s?sta ??a a?t?.

Socks, PLEASE let's keep the thread in ENGLISH so we all can understand. Thanks

Ok...

You are right...

He is asking about changing language to portuguese...

Guest rowlf

Great Work!!

This is the first custom one I feel safe to tryout.

But dude could you putup a new download mirror?

4shared is so much slow,I suggest mediafire,depositefile etc, but not RAPIDSHARE!!!!! because they just keep on saying

your IP ....... is downloading a file which is not the case in real as I have a shared IP internet service :excl:

Thanks in advance though,and I'll set my feedback as soon as I'm done installing this one :excl:

Cheers

Guest ronaldb3
Really?

And why in many forums I found a tweak for changing the registry value?

We have two suggested values (at Favorite Hackings too):

"CalibrationData"="500,500 165,875 165,125 835,125 835,875" -> I'm using this...

"CalibrationData"="519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872"

But... even if some user got problems using my ROM... he/she can align screen at control panel...

The first set of numbers is the ideal, mathematically perfect numbers for a perfect factory installed screen. Samsung seems to be very good at getting close to this. MS has had the align screen for many years in PDAs as in early years you probably needed it. On the second set of numbers, I have seen these and similar. Notice if you make a rectangle grid how close you make a rectangle corners with the numbers (177 and 182, 129 and 127, etc.) It's just a wee bit bigger rectangle than the "perfect" numbers make. (except for that 519. What's up with that one?)

IMNO,

Ron...

Guest aridoasis

help please...

i flashed this morning and there was a problem when flashing the phone part: error with driverseven though i installed and reinstalled the win xp drivers over and over, the pc doesn't recognize it.

now, i can use the omnia but but when i check the version, my phone version is IA5 (which was my previous rom DXIA5 by taril), and whenever i restart or turn on the phone it gets that icon whith the phone and exclamation mark before windows loads.

i'm worried coz my omnia might get damaged or something... how can i flash the phone part?

Guest s0cks
help please...

i flashed this morning and there was a problem when flashing the phone part: error with driverseven though i installed and reinstalled the win xp drivers over and over, the pc doesn't recognize it.

now, i can use the omnia but but when i check the version, my phone version is IA5 (which was my previous rom DXIA5 by taril), and whenever i restart or turn on the phone it gets that icon whith the phone and exclamation mark before windows loads.

i'm worried coz my omnia might get damaged or something... how can i flash the phone part?

My next ROM release will not include PHONE PART to avoid problems...

So, when I was using custom ROMs from other cookers, one day I got this EXCLAMATION symbol. I only did a reflash and it solved.

But in your case, the problem was your winxp driver...

The ROM is OK.

I recommed you to reflash...

If it doesn't work... try to run GranPrix, updating only the PHONE PART (but be ADVISED... GranPrix IS VERY DANGEROUS AND YOU CAN BRICK YOUR PHONE).

Edited by s0cks

Guest bobobird
I see a new TRAIL coming in town :excl: ! welcome to the OMNIA rom MAKERS !

Taril is Taril.

s0cks is s0cks.

We can do without tempremental types...

Guest s0cks
hey sock>>Download: SK001 DXIA5 0604_4.7z.exe ...

im getting a preconfiguration every time the phone restarts it wont go away i cant even get my device to get completely setup then it has to restart due to this can someone help me please

Hi...

I never saw this problem...

But try to reflash with an original ROM: http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

If the problem is solved, please leave your feedback!

Edited by s0cks

Guest middiu

hi s0cks,

congratulations for your great job!! i use this rom and i`m very happy for it!

When the "new" release of you custom rom?? maybe whit the pako camera driver?!?!?!

bye bye

Edited by middiu

Guest s0cks
hi s0cks,

congratulations for your great job!! i use this rom and i`m very happy for it!

When the "new" release of you custom rom?? maybe whit the pako camera driver?!?!?!

bye bye

Thanks!

I'm quite busy until next month...

But when I have a free time I will work on a new release... and I will try to bring new features! :D

Guest sinancetinkaya

s0cks, your rom sUcks :D))))

I'm kidding, sorry if you don't like it

Anyway, your rom is good. Thanks for your effort :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LuckyTan
Thanks!

I'm quite busy until next month...

But when I have a free time I will work on a new release... and I will try to bring new features! :D

Great! Looking forward to it. :lol:

Guest kinshin

thank you s0cks,

upgrade went like breeze. cooked good but wanted more. B)

few dislikes, you might fixem in next one.

1.had to register tweak to get the FULL speaker vol.

2. had to redo the screen calibration.

3. did not like the BG walpaper (where is my std.yellow walpaper <_< )

4. had to replace the GPS-Xtra with latest exe (from Omnia.org board)

5. battery life is same (coming from HH3)

6. loading "transcriber and defaulting it" on every reset :)

7. loaded cbs11tv.com video page, and flash killed my phone , had to reboot.

8. "sudden death" did not go with this new ROM, still unplug battery to revive :D

Guest s0cks
thank you s0cks,

upgrade went like breeze. cooked good but wanted more. B)

few dislikes, you might fixem in next one.

1.had to register tweak to get the FULL speaker vol.

2. had to redo the screen calibration.

3. did not like the BG walpaper (where is my std.yellow walpaper <_< )

4. had to replace the GPS-Xtra with latest exe (from Omnia.org board)

5. battery life is same (coming from HH3)

6. loading "transcriber and defaulting it" on every reset :)

7. loaded cbs11tv.com video page, and flash killed my phone , had to reboot.

8. "sudden death" did not go with this new ROM, still unplug battery to revive :D

I will try to see it...

But the speaker volume is set with factory default values...

About item 4, why you had to do it?

About item 6, you want the transcriber as a default input method? You need to use the Keyboard Input program inside Start Menu - Programs. By default, every time you reboot the device, the input goes back to default. This is common in every ROM. So, you need to change it using the program.

About item 7, it happened here too... but this is a flash problem... not of my ROM... I can't solve it... sorry...

About item 8, can you explain? I don't have ANY PROBLEMS like this with this ROM. And really, I still using the same ROM provided here, without any changes!

Guest kinshin
I will try to see it...

But the speaker volume is set with factory default values...

About item 4, why you had to do it?

About item 6, you want the transcriber as a default input method? You need to use the Keyboard Input program inside Start Menu - Programs. By default, every time you reboot the device, the input goes back to default. This is common in every ROM. So, you need to change it using the program.

About item 7, it happened here too... but this is a flash problem... not of my ROM... I can't solve it... sorry...

About item 8, can you explain? I don't have ANY PROBLEMS like this with this ROM. And really, I still using the same ROM provided here, without any changes!

sorry for the dealaed reply..got heldup in the project work.

ok

item4 the gpsXra.exe from omnia.org has a option to download when and if connected to wi-fi.

link: http://www.samsung-omnia.org/precise-gps-n...imes-and-speed/

item6 I don;t want the transciber to default , i checked all the settings and adjeusted it but still the transcriber gets defaulted and moreover the transcriber "settings" opens and displays for every reset.

had to click on something to get rid off it.

item8 is intermittant across some units., check the one of the threads "powers off".

thanks again <_<

Guest Broda

Hi Socks

How about you do a Original DXID1 running on Windows Mobile 6.5, and just install the updats like Google maps, Net Framework 3.5

Thanks

Guest s0cks
sorry for the dealaed reply..got heldup in the project work.

ok

item4 the gpsXra.exe from omnia.org has a option to download when and if connected to wi-fi.

link: http://www.samsung-omnia.org/precise-gps-n...imes-and-speed/

item6 I don;t want the transciber to default , i checked all the settings and adjeusted it but still the transcriber gets defaulted and moreover the transcriber "settings" opens and displays for every reset.

had to click on something to get rid off it.

item8 is intermittant across some units., check the one of the threads "powers off".

thanks again <_<

Item 4: But this is the default DXIA5 gpsxtra...

Item 6: Try to use KEYBOARD INPUT as I said to choose what you want. I didn't have problems with it...

Item 8: You're the first reporting it. It's not a problem of my ROM...

anyone got another link to download?

4shared seems to be very slow..

mediafire is good..

In my next ROM release I will consider this...

Hi Socks

How about you do a Original DXID1 running on Windows Mobile 6.5, and just install the updats like Google maps, Net Framework 3.5

Thanks

Hi Broda,

I'm working (slowly) on it. But I will release a WM6.1 DXID1 before...

Because WM6.5 isn't so simple to cook... And I'm running out of time to do all the things...

So in a few days I can only release a WM6.1 ROM...

But, even in my WM6.1 I have Google Maps 3 and NF3.5...

Edited by s0cks

Guest kinshin

s0cks,

can u add fingerKeyboard and cleanRAM apps in the next one? and also a is there a way to get to fav.settings with one click ?