• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

New ROM for Omnia i910

1335 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

OK, this may not be related, but I tried to start VZNav after this update and it cannot initialize the GPS.

I always get that a few times while it initially sets up. I assume you set it to location on as well.

Posted · Report post

aight,  that sucks,   stick with what i got then

Posted (edited) · Report post

this is great now a new black keyboard has to be made :excl: widgets will definantly be on my phone. :excl: haven't use them since i took my phone out of box :excl: thanx adrynalyne for screen shots. i like the new keyboard. will download after movies download

Edited by pazatat2

Posted · Report post

I always get that a few times while it initially sets up. I assume you set it to location on as well.

I can't set anything in VZNav. Never get the chance. Starts up and goes to an error screen then I have to click on OK and it closes.

Posted · Report post

I can't set anything in VZNav. Never get the chance. Starts up and goes to an error screen then I have to click on OK and it closes.

You set location to on outside of VZNav.

Go to Settings, Phone.

Under Services, highlight gps and change setting.

Posted · Report post

Nothing like being the bastard stepchildren of the mobile world. We get the old leftovers from firmware seen for a while on the i900.

post-466506-1239202432_thumb.jpg

post-466506-1239202440_thumb.jpg

post-466506-1239202447_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

Nothing like being the bastard stepchildren of the mobile world. We get the old leftovers from firmware seen for a while on the i900.
well im satisfied. hopefully this begins the cook rom race to heaven

Posted · Report post

Hope I don't sound stupid here but I am assuming this new rom will work on the VZW i910.  Is this correct?  Thanks!

Posted · Report post

so what is the text message retry?

Posted · Report post

You set location to on outside of VZNav.

Go to Settings, Phone.

Under Services, highlight gps and change setting.

Yeah, realized what you meant after I clicked Post! I did have it on. I just uninstalled it and got it off of the App Zone. It's working now.

Posted · Report post

Hope I don't sound stupid here but I am assuming this new rom will work on the VZW i910. Is this correct? Thanks!

it is for VERIZON ONLY

Posted · Report post

Hope I don't sound stupid here but I am assuming this new rom will work on the VZW i910. Is this correct? Thanks!

yes, this is only for the verizon i910

Posted · Report post

so what is the text message retry?

Other than what it sounds like, I don't know.

Posted · Report post

My VZW Omnia will be here tonight, how do i check the firmware version and phone details to see what i have got? Thanks

Posted · Report post

Any changes/improvements for the Omnia's media player? If so, I might take the bait. Otherwise, the improvements are a tad too small to take the plunge, plus I've customized the phone quite a bit to start from scratch...

Posted · Report post

A few questions about the UMDL. The version I have is 2.3 and the version in the directions is 1.7. Also, in the directions it says to select an image for EBOOT, PDA and CSC but the only one I can select is in the 2.3 versions box labeled "unified image file box". Is that the only one that needs a selection? I'm assuming so since it says "unified". Sorry to sound like a tard. I in no way hav experience in this and it shows. I do thank all of you guys for your patience with first timers like me though hehe. Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Has anyone checked if the new keyboard works with the latest version Google Maps? or does it still not work?

Posted · Report post

the new keyboard does work with Google maps in XT9 and abc

Posted · Report post

Anyway I can get just the keyboard and 5% battery increments without flashing?

Posted · Report post

Anyway I can get just the keyboard and 5% battery increments without flashing?

If someone can extract the battery driver from the rom, maybe.

Posted · Report post

is this the new official thread??

it should be because the other one is 70+ pages!!!

can someone close it?

or maybe its too soon?

Posted · Report post

is this the new official thread??

it should be because the other one is 70+ pages!!!

can someone close it?

or maybe its too soon?

Alesis, the other thread is for unlocking the GPS. I've been trying to steer the conversation back towards unlocking the GPS in the new ROM since it seems there's some degree of flexibility with the GPS in this one. This thread would be fine for the official 2-14-09 ROM discussion.

Posted (edited) · Report post

.net 3.5 ?

flashlite 3.1 ?

Looks like more bloat in trade for a few settings?

Edited by bornl33t

Posted · Report post

.net 3.5 ?

flashlite 3.1 ?

Microsoft .net framework 3.5...

Flashlite binds the Omnia's flashlight to a hardware key.

Posted · Report post

Firgured I would post this here too...

If you do the update and you cannot connect to the internet and/or make/receive calls becasue you clicked something you shouldn't have during the update this may fix it for you.

Ok went home and grabed old phone(LG VX9900). Came back to office and logged into my verizon and did the ESN change for my old phone under my account. I waited 5 minutes and dialed *228 option 3 on old phone. Went through the process, said it was already in the system and I then held on the line for it to program.

Waited about 5 more minutes and logged back into My Verizon and changed ESN back to the OMNIA. Waited 5 minutes and called *228 option 3. Went through the process and said again it was already in the system and to hold to program the phone. It went through the programming of the phone and then the phone rebooted.

Phone came back up and I dialed the office number here fine. Pulled up Opera and it connected to the internet and pulled up a couple web pages.

There is my fix... Hopefully will work for others.