Question About MicroSD that only STRTrk users would know the answer to...

Guest pismodude2010

Guest pismodude2010

Can you read and write to a MicroSD card if it's in the phone at the time you connect it to the computer with a USB cord?

I have one of these coming in the mail, and I want to know if it would work like most devices do (at least all digital cameras and my Sansa media players do this), showing both the internal and expanded MicroSD card memory installed when connected to the computer. If it does, that would be a major time saver!

Anyone know if this works?

Guest leedsrgaskell
Can you read and write to a MicroSD card if it's in the phone at the time you connect it to the computer with a USB cord?

I have one of these coming in the mail, and I want to know if it would work like most devices do (at least all digital cameras and my Sansa media players do this), showing both the internal and expanded MicroSD card memory installed when connected to the computer. If it does, that would be a major time saver!

Anyone know if this works?

I can confirm that you can read/write to the MicroSD card in your phone. Two ways:

1: Hooked up to your computer running ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Device Center

2: Install WM5torage on the device and use on any computer as a removable drive

Guest pismodude2010
I can confirm that you can read/write to the MicroSD card in your phone. Two ways:

1: Hooked up to your computer running ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Device Center

2: Install WM5torage on the device and use on any computer as a removable drive

Sweet! Thanks! That'll save tons of time wasted getting at the card!

Guest tobbbie

Don't be thrilled too much - the speed is very low. You will not want to put your music collection to the sd card via AS or even with WM5torage. My Tornado (about comparable) delivers a speed of ~100-300 kB/s write and ~400-700kB/s read.

Guest pismodude2010
Don't be thrilled too much - the speed is very low. You will not want to put your music collection to the sd card via AS or even with WM5torage. My Tornado (about comparable) delivers a speed of ~100-300 kB/s write and ~400-700kB/s read.

That kind of sux, but I can just put what I need on there overnight if I have to. Beats having to dismantle your phone every time you want a new ringtone (IMO...).