Start HERE Before Flashing a cooked ROM (Verizon i910)

Guest necosino

Guest octt
From XP: Install from the included verizon software CD that comes with the phone

From Vista/7: Just plug in normally (don't change activesync settings or try to use UMDL or anything). Windows will download and install the drivers automatically. (Note: After Windows downloads and installs the drivers, you will still need to disable the activesync USB settings before flashing!)

A quick note about having Windows 7 or Vista install your CDMA driver.. In order for windows to detect your modem and install the CDMA driver, go to Settings > System > Data Connection > and select "As the modem through USB". Otherwise its trying to download and install the driver when your phone is rebooting.. possibly not completing in time... (not good!)

Guest octt

Prior to Selecting "As the modem through USB" Windows 7 was only detecting and installing something like "Samsung MIT USB Driver". I'm only guessing vista would do the same

Guest necosino
Prior to Selecting "As the modem through USB" Windows 7 was only detecting and installing something like "Samsung MIT USB Driver". I'm only guessing vista would do the same

I've flashed on Win7 build 7000 and 7100, both installed about 5 drivers, including "Samsung SCH-i910"

Both times were on my testing setups, and basically new installations of windows. Nobody else has reported having to do anything like you suggest... Thanks for the tip though, but it shouldn't be necessary.

Guest cockybitz

big problem. I followed the steps. UMDL log said Eboot complete and did nothing more. I unplugged the phone *DOH* Now it seems to be dead. Won't turn on. nothing. Any advice?

Guest papacat

Same problem here as cocybitz. Followed the directions strictly and to the letter. First run I got the "DPRM" not supported error. Deleted the img file and redownloaded a clean one. Then tried again. UDML did the eboot burn then froze. Neither UDML nor the phone would do anything. Phone appeared to have turned off (battery was full). Now device is bricked. Don't know if it will be possible to recover from this one.

Guest cockybitz
How to tell if your computer has USB 2.0 support;

1. Right click on 'My Computer' and click 'Properties'

2. Click 'Hardware' Tab

3. Click 'Device Manager'

4. Expand the Universal Serial Bus Controller in the tree by clicking the '+'

5. Now look for "Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller" or just the word "Enhanced"

If you see the word "Enhanced" then you have USB 2.0.

Turns out I do not have USB 2.0

Guest necosino

Sorry to hear that Cocky, chances are your phone is completely bricked then :)

What you can do is take it into verizon, say you went to do a hard reset, and it froze and won't do anything now. Don't mention flashing, ROM, or anything like that! Just say you went to do a hard reset and it froze, nothing more... They'll replace it for you <_<

Guest papacat

I checked my device manager to be sure and I do have usb 2.0 (the port I had my omnia plugged into also says "usb 2.0" right next to it), but I encountered the exact same error and bricking as Cockybitz. I must say I am hesitant to try flashing the replacement when it comes in. I'm not sure how many of these VZW will be willing to send me! <_<

Guest Omega Ra

I have a replacement coming in as well and am not entirely sure I am going to flash it to CC20. Supposedly Verizon is going to be giving us an update so I may wait for that...but knowing me I will end up flashing to CC20 an 6.5 again lol.

Guest breadtrk
I checked my device manager to be sure and I do have usb 2.0 (the port I had my omnia plugged into also says "usb 2.0" right next to it), but I encountered the exact same error and bricking as Cockybitz. I must say I am hesitant to try flashing the replacement when it comes in. I'm not sure how many of these VZW will be willing to send me! <_<

Why is this absolutely required not to brick your phone not a sticky, bold, in red letters?

Guest necosino
Why is this absolutely required not to brick your phone not a sticky, bold, in red letters?

Actually it is right in my first post: "Make sure you are on a USB 2.0 Connection!!!" Not my fault if people don't follow directions. Sorry to those that had trouble, unfortunately it seems more people post that have issues than post to say they flashed successfully.

Guest breadtrk
Actually it is right in my first post: "Make sure you are on a USB 2.0 Connection!!!" Not my fault if people don't follow directions. Sorry to those that had trouble, unfortunately it seems more people post that have issues than post to say they flashed successfully.

Sorry, I was trying to make the point that this thread should be a sticky since it is MANDATORY to follow these instructions before you do your first cooked ROM. This thread looks like all the other threads and if it is 10th or so in the list a first timer will not see it. I am willing to bet that almost all of the fellas that had problems did not see this thread first.

Guest cockybitz

I thought that the usb 2.0 was the rectangle one, whereas the 1.0 was the more square like USB connection. That is why I posted how to determine what version you have.

Guest breadtrk
I thought that the usb 2.0 was the rectangle one, whereas the 1.0 was the more square like USB connection. That is why I posted how to determine what version you have.

There are no visible differences between USB1 and USB2, they look the same.

Guest niknik420

im about to start flashing my friends phone and need to sttart here but he is on cricket network almost all the stetings still verizon exept the phone can i still flash this since its a verizon rom

Guest theidoctor.org
im about to start flashing my friends phone and need to sttart here but he is on cricket network almost all the stetings still verizon exept the phone can i still flash this since its a verizon rom

umm, if cricket uses the GSM network, then no... if it uses CDMA then you should be fine.

Guest SamsungMike

Just curious, does this ROM flash work for the i910 phones using Vervizon in the US?

I figured this would be good since I am seeing more and more "How do I flash your ROM" in Wozzer's post.. Obviously if people are asking that, they haven't even flashed the original leaked ROM :-P

You will need to install the drivers before trying to flash, otherwise UMDL will not be able to find your phone.

From XP: Install from the included verizon software CD that comes with the phone

From Vista/7: Just plug in normally (don't change activesync settings or try to use UMDL or anything). Windows will download and install the drivers automatically. (Note: After Windows downloads and installs the drivers, you will still need to disable the activesync USB settings before flashing!)

Download:

UMDL Software

Leaked i910 CC20 ROM

Make sure you are on a USB 2.0 Connection!!!

Then follow the guide:

Source: TheIDoctor.org

Guest theidoctor.org
Just curious, does this ROM flash work for the i910 phones using Vervizon in the US?

YES... THIS is what the rom is for

Guest futureboycolin

EDIT: just a quick question...which drivers are you talking about? the ones that I've already installed so that I can use Mobile Center to sync with my phone???? this wasn't very specific, and I'm anxious to start this, but I don't know which drivers you're talkin about...

'bout to flash this, then blazingwolf's newest ROM. I'm so sick of not having GPS and working Googlemaps. So here goes!

Edited by futureboycolin

Guest smashedpumpkins

I put this flash through and it all went through correctly. Well almost... The internet no longer works. I reprogrammed my phone, but it's still dead. Should I call Verizon to have them authenticate my phone? Is this the common issue? Thanks for any advice!

Phone Calls and texting still work.

Edited by smashedpumpkins

Guest necosino
I put this flash through and it all went through correctly. Well almost... The internet no longer works. I reprogrammed my phone, but it's still dead. Should I call Verizon to have them authenticate my phone? Is this the common issue? Thanks for any advice!

Phone Calls and texting still work.

As long as calls and texts work you should be alright. Did you flash any other .pda's after (Like Wozzer's or Adryn's ROMs)?

I had this issue yesterday while I was on an audit. The phone would say it was connected to the internet, but nothing could actually connect (Would get network errors in IE or Opera). I just turned my phone off, waited an hour or so, then turned it back on and it worked just fine.

BTW: Thanks for making this post a sticky <_<