• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Nice Compass / GPS Monitor

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I was using the 'Compass' app previously... but i'm using this now, seems pretty good...

http://www.cyrket.com/package/com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2

<_<

P

GPS Status 2 (cupcake)

EclipSim

Shows the position, number and signal strength of GPS satellites. Displays your position, GPS accuracy, speed, acceleration and bearing. Bigger dots represent stronger signal. Compass included.

Update: for firmware 1.5. Magnetic declination is calculated automatically. No longer enables the GPS automatically. Have fun.

Posted (edited)

I may be blind but I don't see a download button on the site linked to. I'd really like to try the app so any help is appreciated

EDIT: never underestimate the power of google. fixed my own problem

Edited by SuperDave31190

Posted

Yeah, grab it from the Market! <_<

P

Posted

Quick question, I saw TeleNav nominated as the best GPS navigation app by the Android Network. (this is their blog page where it is posted: http://blog.telenav.com/blog/2009/08/love-...network-awards/). Should I get this service or is some other service like Google Maps available? Thanks for the help.

Depends what you mean/need.

If you're looking for TomTom-style turn-by-turn navigation software, then I haven't found anything I'd really rate. I haven't tried telenav yet, although I wasn't impressed with the winmo offering). AndNav2 is okay, but unreliable and takes too long to recalc. Google maps is better now it tracks your location, but still not really practical for proper driving (works well on foot though). Nav4All has an appallingly basic GUI but works very well indeed. But all of these suffer from being online, which is no use as soon as you stray from the beaten path.

CoPilot is the only real offline 3D turn-by-turn navigation solution, and by all accounts it's very good (at a decent price too). I'm going to see if TomTom show their hand before committing cash though.