[ROM] blazingwolf Rock and Republic WM6.5 v10

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf

@Everyone,

I'm working on porting build 21725. This will be the next version once I get all of the porting done.

Guest Tim-H
Hmm, I'll look in to it. I haven't gotten an MMS in awhile so I'm not sure what is happening.

Have you tried to play the file in another player? Or going to the file it self and starting it from there?

You probably already know but you can email yourself an mms at [email protected]

it has to be under 350kb though.

Guest xxmadhatter

congradulations on getting a 6.5 running <_< ill install on your second beta just because i'm trying to get a new job right now and cant afford any 1 in a million chance errors :) good work though

Guest michaelnhf
@Everyone,

I'm working on porting build 21725. This will be the next version once I get all of the porting done.

That sounds sweet, I enjoy flashing this thing every few days to check out someone's work. I have to say I ahve tried just about everyone's ROMs and I like the speed of yours the best, it seems to have the quickest response times. One thing I did notice was the samsung dialer is still enabled. I of course stopped it in the registry. Thanks for all of your hard work and this thing rocks.

Guest Tim-H

I still havent gotten to flashing it yet but i did remember what i wanted to ask.

Did you find a way to install the gps toggler, or anything equivelent?

Guest blazingwolf
You probably already know but you can email yourself an mms at [email protected]

it has to be under 350kb though.

Thank you for that.

@DaneSu,

I received a MMS from my wife today and it played just fine in the messaging software. It did not play in WMP though. Was this a 3g2 file?

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
congradulations on getting a 6.5 running <_< ill install on your second beta just because i'm trying to get a new job right now and cant afford any 1 in a million chance errors :) good work though

While this has been very stable I understand where you are coming from. I will be around. B)

Guest blazingwolf
That sounds sweet, I enjoy flashing this thing every few days to check out someone's work. I have to say I ahve tried just about everyone's ROMs and I like the speed of yours the best, it seems to have the quickest response times. One thing I did notice was the samsung dialer is still enabled. I of course stopped it in the registry. Thanks for all of your hard work and this thing rocks.

I like the Samsung dialer because of the bigger keys and the lock. However, that was one of the reasons for putting in Advanced config. <_<

Guest DaneSu
While this has been very stable I understand where you are coming from. I will be around. <_<

to blazinwolf weird cause ever since ive flashed roms the only thing i get from thee messageing center is sound, and i could play the .3g2 in media player. idk whats goin on.NVM ITS WORKIN NOW STRANGE

Edited by DaneSu

Guest blazingwolf
to blazinwolf weird cause ever since ive flashed roms the only thing i get from thee messageing center is sound, and i could play the .3g2 in media player. idk whats goin on.NVM ITS WORKIN NOW STRANGE

OK. We will keep an eye out and make sure it keeps working. <_<

Guest futureboycolin

I flashed this successfully (somewhat?) and everything seems to be working fine, but I can't connect to mobile broadband for some reason.

I've tried using Opera, and IE but the phone does not automatically connect to the cellular broadband. Is that a problem with the ROM or with my settings? I called *228 and programmed the phone with options one and two, if that has anything to do with this, I don't know. Sorry, I'm a bit of a newb with flashing ROMs.

On the downside, I used PIM backup for my contacts and texts...but when I go to restore everything, there isn't a backup file on any of the drives or on my card...not quite sure what went wrong there, but fortunately I have all my contacts written down (can't beat the good old fashioned written word!).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Guest blazingwolf
I flashed this successfully (somewhat?) and everything seems to be working fine, but I can't connect to mobile broadband for some reason.

I've tried using Opera, and IE but the phone does not automatically connect to the cellular broadband. Is that a problem with the ROM or with my settings? I called *228 and programmed the phone with options one and two, if that has anything to do with this, I don't know. Sorry, I'm a bit of a newb with flashing ROMs.

On the downside, I used PIM backup for my contacts and texts...but when I go to restore everything, there isn't a backup file on any of the drives or on my card...not quite sure what went wrong there, but fortunately I have all my contacts written down (can't beat the good old fashioned written word!).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hmm, data connection is not usually an issue. Check the settings under Start/Settings?Connections/Connections and make sure all of the info is there to connect.

As for your back up, where did you save the file too?

Guest futureboycolin
Hmm, data connection is not usually an issue. Check the settings under Start/Settings?Connections/Connections and make sure all of the info is there to connect.

As for your back up, where did you save the file too?

I figured out the data connection. Seems that once I turned off the WiFi, everything was alright.

As far as the backup, I didn't change any options when I ran the program so I'm assuming in the default location. But you know what they say about assuming. I ran the program initially from "My Storage," which shouldn't have been formatted in the flashing process, correct? So I think I've gotta take a loss on that one...

Guest blazingwolf

Uploading the new version now. One caveat to this ROM is you will need to soft reset your device once after pressing the start menu. For some reason I have not figured out yet the 6.5 theme extras don't load on the first boot. Once you soft reset all will be working fine.

I will update the first post with all of the new items tomorrow morning. Biggest thing is I am now using build 21725.

Guest blazingwolf
I figured out the data connection. Seems that once I turned off the WiFi, everything was alright.

As far as the backup, I didn't change any options when I ran the program so I'm assuming in the default location. But you know what they say about assuming. I ran the program initially from "My Storage," which shouldn't have been formatted in the flashing process, correct? So I think I've gotta take a loss on that one...

Correct, it should not have formatted that section of your phone.

Guest blazingwolf

I made some reg edits that should get 3g2 files playing in WMP. Let me know if they work please. <_<

Guest Vahnyyz

dude blaze, you are so freakin on the ball with stuff

i really have to thanks and bow my head at the work you put in on this for us, you're totally awesome

you've seen me a few times and i've tried the other roms and the guys are helpful but idk, for whatever reason i really think you go above and beyond a bunch and I really hope you get blessed for helping complete strangers and stuff

I know you probably have a bunch of fun with this too, but I just want to say I appreciate you sharing your findings and things like that you're a totally awesome person

**edited add-on**

what have you heard of skyfire? is it good?

supposedly an out of beta came out

Edited by Vahnyyz

Guest blazingwolf
dude blaze, you are so freakin on the ball with stuff

i really have to thanks and bow my head at the work you put in on this for us, you're totally awesome

you've seen me a few times and i've tried the other roms and the guys are helpful but idk, for whatever reason i really think you go above and beyond a bunch and I really hope you get blessed for helping complete strangers and stuff

I know you probably have a bunch of fun with this too, but I just want to say I appreciate you sharing your findings and things like that you're a totally awesome person

**edited add-on**

what have you heard of skyfire? is it good?

supposedly an out of beta came out

Well, thanks. <_< I appreciate your comments.

Skyfire has gone gold. They released 1.0 yesterday. I have not tried it. I have used Skyfire in the past though and it seemed nice but was rather slow in rendering pages. I will have to try out the new veriosn and see how it works.

Guest anarkie13
Uploading the new version now. One caveat to this ROM is you will need to soft reset your device once after pressing the start menu. For some reason I have not figured out yet the 6.5 theme extras don't load on the first boot. Once you soft reset all will be working fine.

I will update the first post with all of the new items tomorrow morning. Biggest thing is I am now using build 21725.

So you only need to perform the soft reset one time, correct? That does sound obscure. But hey, it's worth a shot. I'll DL it soon.

Guest blazingwolf
So you only need to perform the soft reset one time, correct? That does sound obscure. But hey, it's worth a shot. I'll DL it soon.

Yeah. I have no idea why it isn't working correctly. I will get it figured out eventually. <_<