[ROM] blazingwolf Rock and Republic WM6.5 v10

Guest blazingwolf

Guest bigdaddykane
I think they just posted a beta version for our phone. Is that what you tried?

i had qik installed on my first omnia.. all before we were able to install custom roms....and it worked perfectly..... im thinking the issue is wm 6.5 cause now i cannot get it to run........... anyone else try it out?

Guest robjr

Hi Guys I installed this font now cant get rid of it, it is not in my list of installed programs to remove, Nice font my eyes are not good enough for it thats all.

I would just like the default tahoma back any ideas please

Thanks Rob

Guest dave94

I was 98% happy with the last BW ROM I've been using for awhile. Seeing WM6.5 tempted me. Plus I was sick of unlocking my phone after 5min (from connecting to corp Exchange). Is that the security thing you removed [security check (Thanks to Adrynalyne)]? After syncing with my exchange server it turned on the lock. Can't turn it off. I wish I could.

Reason I posted is that if anyone is still having trouble with ActiveSync on Vista you have to go to Settings>Connections>USBtoPC and UNCHECK that 'advanced network' checkbox. You may have to go to ActiveSync>Connections and use " 'USB Default ". The 'USB' option goes away when you uncheck the other setting but I'm not sure it'll switch automatically.

FYI

Thanks BW!

Dave

Guest blazingwolf
I was 98% happy with the last BW ROM I've been using for awhile. Seeing WM6.5 tempted me. Plus I was sick of unlocking my phone after 5min (from connecting to corp Exchange). Is that the security thing you removed [security check (Thanks to Adrynalyne)]? After syncing with my exchange server it turned on the lock. Can't turn it off. I wish I could.

No. I removed the security check for each program that you install. The exchange security is done by your exchanger server and I can't remove that.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wanger2010

RADAR Issue

I just flashed your Night version to my phone and I have been trying to get the radar to work by putting in the URLs and I keep getting this error message, "an error occurred on sub_main_nextimage_click." can you help me to get this to work. Otherwise I love this ROM of urs its amazing.

• 4 weeks later...

I am a newbie, so please be patient with me. I flashed your Rock and Republic ROM in July and have been thrilled with the improved performance, but I Have encountered two problems that I cannot seem to figure out. One, I cannot get GPS to work with Live Search...any "tutorial" you can give me on how to utilize GPS? Secondly, you refer to a folder called XDA_UC into which all cabs should be copied for automatic installation...was that folder to be created on my storage card as part of the flash or do I need to create it, as it is not there? Thanks for all of your work and anticipated patience in helping this novice out.

Guest blazingwolf
I am a newbie, so please be patient with me. I flashed your Rock and Republic ROM in July and have been thrilled with the improved performance, but I Have encountered two problems that I cannot seem to figure out. One, I cannot get GPS to work with Live Search...any "tutorial" you can give me on how to utilize GPS? Secondly, you refer to a folder called XDA_UC into which all cabs should be copied for automatic installation...was that folder to be created on my storage card as part of the flash or do I need to create it, as it is not there? Thanks for all of your work and anticipated patience in helping this novice out.

GPS can take awhile to get a lock on our devices. Especially with the older CC20 ROM. You need to wait 10 or 15 minutes to get the initial lock. Also, try changing the settings to Com8 and Baud 57600.

You have to create the XDA_UC folder on your storage card.

GPS can take awhile to get a lock on our devices. Especially with the older CC20 ROM. You need to wait 10 or 15 minutes to get the initial lock. Also, try changing the settings to Com8 and Baud 57600.

You have to create the XDA_UC folder on your storage card.

Thanks for your quick reply!

• 2 weeks later...

I just flashed your rom for the first time and love it so far... I ran into a problem that I could not find searching.

I entered my owner information and set the "when the device is turned on, display identification information."

This screen comes up before the BalzingWolf splash screen and creates some kind of loop lock. The backlight would go on and off, but you could not get past the screen. I reflashed to get around the problem.

Bill

Edited by gwbaker

Guest blazingwolf
I just flashed your rom for the first time and love it so far... I ran into a problem that I could not find searching.

I entered my owner information and set the "when the device is turned on, display identification information."

This screen comes up before the BalzingWolf splash screen and creates some kind of loop lock. The backlight would go on and off, but you could not get past the screen. I reflashed to get around the problem.

Bill

This ROM is pretty old and based on the CC20 ROM leak. Have you installed over the top of CC20 or CF03?

• 1 month later...
Guest Snickasaurus

Hello blazingwolf. First off thanks for the hard work and time you have put into doing this. I flashed my i910 last night with BW.RockRepublicNeo10 and I really liked it. Then I came across WM7Black23064 and I like it but I am missing a few things that I either can't find or are just not in this ROM.

In RockRepublicNeo10 I found CLauncher on the main screen and I was able to add apps to it like Opera and Evil Explorer (Hate IE but sometimes it's useful) Is there a way to get this back on the new ROM (WM7Black23064) or am I just too much of a no0b and can't find it? Also...the flashlight or camera light. Is there a way to add a button for it? I have scanned a few posts and did some searching before posting. If I overlooked the answer I'm truly sorry. haha. Thanks in advance and keep up the work! This stuff is as much fun as when I first learned out to overclock my socket 939 Opteron :-)

-Snickasaurus

Guest blazingwolf
Hello blazingwolf. First off thanks for the hard work and time you have put into doing this. I flashed my i910 last night with BW.RockRepublicNeo10 and I really liked it. Then I came across WM7Black23064 and I like it but I am missing a few things that I either can't find or are just not in this ROM.

In RockRepublicNeo10 I found CLauncher on the main screen and I was able to add apps to it like Opera and Evil Explorer (Hate IE but sometimes it's useful) Is there a way to get this back on the new ROM (WM7Black23064) or am I just too much of a no0b and can't find it? Also...the flashlight or camera light. Is there a way to add a button for it? I have scanned a few posts and did some searching before posting. If I overlooked the answer I'm truly sorry. haha. Thanks in advance and keep up the work! This stuff is as much fun as when I first learned out to overclock my socket 939 Opteron :-)

-Snickasaurus

They are there just not enabled. Use CHome Editor to enable those panels. :)

Also, please post in the right thread.

Guest Snickasaurus
Also, please post in the right thread.

Sorry about that. I got the ROM from here so I'm confused as to where to post. Thanks again!

Edited by Snickasaurus

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Snickasaurus
I'm new at this. I've flashed the UMDL from http://theidoctor.org/omnia.html but I have no idea how to flash (or where to find to flash) the WM6.5. Can you help?

So you're looking for a cooked ROM to flash? Definitely something that took me some time. There are a lot of good ones out there.

I used this thread when I did my first one and everything has worked out fine. If the instructions are a bit hard to follow pm me, read through some of the posts

about how people have gotten it to work or just post under the topic where you found your ROM. Someone is sure to help.

Best of luck and remember to backup anything on your phone before you re-flash.

-Snickasaurus

• 1 month later...
Guest LordSith

Definitely love the new look of this. I have come across one problem that I haven't been able to find an answer for it (70+ pages, I might have missed it), I've noticed every now and then, the keyboard doesn't type anything. I have to shut whatever I have open, and relaunch it a few times before the keyboard works again. Is there any kind of fix for this?

Thanks

Guest plecosword

I have a Question, I flashed to the CC20 leak a while back, and then flashed to the CF03 update from samsung. Do I have to flash back to the CC20? Also, can someone who has been using this rom for a while say about how often the phone crashes, if at all?

THANKS!

I have a Question, I flashed to the CC20 leak a while back, and then flashed to the CF03 update from samsung. Do I have to flash back to the CC20? Also, can someone who has been using this rom for a while say about how often the phone crashes, if at all?

THANKS!

no just CF03 and BW's ROM not the latest built but are all outstanding

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest jonathanparker12

i just received a replacement phone from Verizon and verified it's running the CF03 (ROM Version S:i910.10 V.CF03.20961)....I assume I can flash directly to the custom RockRepubulicNeo10 ROM, but I want to make sure.

i just received a replacement phone from Verizon and verified it's running the CF03 (ROM Version S:i910.10 V.CF03.20961)....I assume I can flash directly to the custom RockRepubulicNeo10 ROM, but I want to make sure.

yes you can

Guest Skychaser

Im in need of some help here. I just flashed my device just now and i cant seem to connect to active sync.

so i cant sync my contacts and stuff. can someone help

Im in need of some help here. I just flashed my device just now and i cant seem to connect to active sync.

so i cant sync my contacts and stuff. can someone help

which version win pc? WMDC or you said Active Sync ??

:D :D

Edited by kdkinc

Guest Skychaser
which version win pc? WMDC or you said Active Sync ??

:D :D

Thanks for you concern. But i actually figured it out on my own after awhile.

I had to reestablish a new relationship between my phone and Active sync on windows xp.

After i did that, Activesync was able to pick up on my device and connect. and thats all to it.