Windows Mobile 6.5 Kitchen

Guest sector

Guest sector
i have attcahed log file pls check what i have done wrong

InitRegistry FAILED in file ".\Registry\a0e9457e-943c-44b4-9fe9-aed55e8a775f.rgu" within a few lines of line 1.

ImportFromPackageListStrict: (RGUComp) !ERROR failed importing ".\Registry\a0e9457e-943c-44b4-9fe9-aed55e8a775f.rgu"

From the GUID a0e9457e-943c-44b4-9fe9-aed55e8a775f i can see that your are using HTC Taskmanager pgk.

As error reports you must have a bad format in .rgu in the first lines most probably. Check your rgu and fix the error.

Dont forget generally at the end of any rgu, it must have a new line after the last value.

Guest dayspring2099us
Hello everyone so this topic is for providing the kitchen for wm6.5.

It is an extension based on shokka9's tutorial about cooking: http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...900-using-syok/

It is a MUST to read that tutorial, understand the basics of cooking before moving on.

It will be nice to start reading in xda forums and help tutorials about xip and sys porting to get an idea what is going on.

===

The kitchen works based on SYOK kitchen by sztupy.

I have attached the \Tools\ directory which includes the tools for cooking on Windows Mobile 6.5.

Download: Tools.rar

===

So just to make a long way short.

WM 6.5 includes different \SYS (system core) and \ROM where here this is the xip.bin is extracted.

1. You need to extract the pda.bin like we know with SYOK kitchen and shokka9's tutorial, without the Tools i am providing.
  2. Copy .VM, .ROM, and \metadata from the SYS folder to a temp folder. Copy in the new WM6.5 SYS, and delete .VM, .ROM, \metadata and replace with the ones from the temp folder.
  3. Customize your ROM according to your preferences.
  4. Now we need to insert in OS.nb the new xip.bin we have ported from wm6.5 builds. Double click the Shell.cmd and enter the command: \Tools\osnbtool.exe -c OS.nb 1 xip.bin. It will create a new OS.nb.new (also mentioned in shokka tut).
  5. Delete from \ROM the XIP directory. Copy the new xip.bin and the dump.exe (from \Tools) to \ROM directory. Drag n drop xip.bin on dump.exe and you will get new dir \XIP and romhdr.bin.
  6. Grab the attached Tools.rar now and replace it with the old \Tools.
  7. Drag n drop the OS.nb.new on BuildOS.cmd and build you rom.

8. If everything goes fine, you will get a NewROM.bin. Rename it to pda.bin and construct the .exe with pakko's tool.
I received some comments that here we dont help and we keep everything in secret, and we dont want to share. I felt really weird and kind of sad reading these comments but anyone believes what he wants.

Anyway have fun with cooking! <_<

is the above tutorial only for an expert or newbie?

Guest DominikZ

Is it normal that I get Errors when I'm copying the WinMo6.5 SYS files to the SYS folder?

In the original folder there are folders ending with .dll but if I delete the dll I can copy the files without any problem?

What am I doing wrong?

Guest Anexia
i have that same problem with polish muis... change to normal mode and it works... on threated mode i cant get in to messages...

Thank you for this solution I will try.

But it is a shame, because I use threated mode ... Finally, if I have no choice :)

Thank you <_<

Guest Ryrzy
Thank you for this solution I will try.

But it is a shame, because I use threated mode ... Finally, if I have no choice :)

Thank you <_<

yes... i use too threaded mode B) another problem found... check if you can tap on battery icon ... when i tab nothing happends

Guest Anexia
yes... i use too threaded mode :) another problem found... check if you can tap on battery icon ... when i tab nothing happends

Correct, I have the same problem <_<

Edited by Anexia

Guest DominikZ

Anybody knows what I'm doing wrong?

I unpack at first the original ROM, than I copy the folders .VM, .Rom and Metadata as told in the tutorial in a temp folder. Afterwards I copy the Win 6.5 Sys folders to the Original unpacked SYS folder.. But then I get the Error mentioned above??

Please help mee =)

Guest sector
Anybody knows what I'm doing wrong?

I unpack at first the original ROM, than I copy the folders .VM, .Rom and Metadata as told in the tutorial in a temp folder. Afterwards I copy the Win 6.5 Sys folders to the Original unpacked SYS folder.. But then I get the Error mentioned above??

Please help mee =)

i have mentioned it in before. The uploaded SYS i have provided doesnt need to follow that step with .VM and .ROM. Just skip it.

Though you will need to get the \Metadata from a 6.1 omnia rom and replace it with the one of 6.5.

If you get unported \SYS from somewhere else you need to do that.

Guest DominikZ

But how do I copy then the new Win 6.5 files?

I understand that I do not have to copy the .Rom and .VM but what about the rest of the folders? Or do i just have to replace the whole SYS folder withe the new one? And then copy the Metadata????

Edited by DominikZ

Guest sector
But how do I copy then the new Win 6.5 files?

I understand that I do not have to copy the .Rom and .VM but what about the rest of the folders? Or do i just have to replace the whole SYS folder withe the new one? And then copy the Metadata????

Just use the \SYS i provided. It is the new one...

Nothing more.

Guest DominikZ

Ok i figured that out in the meantime <_<

But now I have got a new problem :/

When I'm trying to insert in OS.nb the new xip.bin I get the following message:

post-438564-1243791020_thumb.png

Edited by DominikZ

Guest DominikZ

Thanks.. I really should take a break now <_<

forgot to copy the xip.bin to the new folder as I have done a secure copy of the extracted ROM copy.. damnit.. You're my hero :)

EDIT: Damnit.. Am I really that stupid or is is just the sun burning on my head? If I'm drag and dropping the xip.bin on dump.exe the black windows opens, but closes after let's say 2 seconds, but nothing is happenig. I do not get a new XIP directory..

EDIT2: Solved it: Copied it to my Win7 machine.. Worked fine there..

Edited by DominikZ

Guest DominikZ

Hrmpf.. :/

Just finished my first ROM but nothing happened after Bootlogo -.-..

So i tried everything again.

Everything is working fine now exept when I want to drop the OS.nb.new on BuildROM.cmd.

After a short time a get the first error, that the file temp\dump\wc_adc.wcml exists already. What is clear, because there are all the other versions in the SYS like "Base_Lang_0407_DPI_128_RESH_320_RESV_320" obviously for a resolution 320x320.. so what i did last time is deleting all the unnecessary files.. Then everything worked fine.

Additionally I get Errors in the folder: Oem\OemApps that the file flashlite.dll already exists? After deleting it it works.

So shall i delete them? And what about the German Mui files? What i did last time is copying the whole Mui folder into SYS and then deleting everything unnecessary.

Afterwards I edited the "boot.rgu" in the folder: ROM\XIP and changed the two values from "409" to "407".

Is that correct or is there anything that I'm doing wrong again?

Edited by DominikZ

Guest pepech
Correct, I have the same problem <_<

Try to delete volume.control.dll in OEMApps ; this way , you will loose the Samsung wheel for volume control , but commands by tapping icons in the taskbar should work properly

Edited by pepech

Guest Ryrzy
Try to delete volume.control.dll in OEMApps ; this way , you will loose the Samsung wheel for volume control , but commands by tapping icons in the taskbar should work properly

i try this and that same problem... but i think i found that problem with sms threaded mode <_<

Guest Anexia
i have that same problem with polish muis... change to normal mode and it works... on threated mode i cant get in to messages...

I just tested it by switching to normal mode for SMS and for me it's still not working.

Guest smaury

when i drag n drop xip.bin on dump.exe it opens a black dos window for 2 seconds then it closes and it happens nothing...

what can i do??

excuse me for my bad english...

Guest Ryrzy
when i drag n drop xip.bin on dump.exe it opens a black dos window for 2 seconds then it closes and it happens nothing...

what can i do??

excuse me for my bad english...

use command line <_< cmd or any file menager... for eg total commander... 

Guest DominikZ

Hmmm..

<_<

What am I doing wrong??

after flashing the phone will stay at the Samsung Omnia boot logo.

What I did:

Extracted ROM, and exchanged every original SYS file with the new SYSfiles, added additionally Lock, Skymarked, Skybox, Themes, Voice Command and Windows live.

Then I followed sectors tutorial and this time everything went fine when creating the PDA.bin.

But as mentioned before: Phone won't start.... grrr

thanks..

Edited by DominikZ

Guest rs90
Hello everyone so this topic is for providing the kitchen for wm6.5.

It is an extension based on shokka9's tutorial about cooking: http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...900-using-syok/

It is a MUST to read that tutorial, understand the basics of cooking before moving on.

It will be nice to start reading in xda forums and help tutorials about xip and sys porting to get an idea what is going on.

===

The kitchen works based on SYOK kitchen by sztupy.

I have attached the \Tools\ directory which includes the tools for cooking on Windows Mobile 6.5.

Download: Tools.rar

===

So just to make a long way short.

WM 6.5 includes different \SYS (system core) and \ROM where here this is the xip.bin is extracted.

1. You need to extract the pda.bin like we know with SYOK kitchen and shokka9's tutorial, without the Tools i am providing.
  2. Copy .VM, .ROM, and \metadata from the SYS folder to a temp folder. Copy in the new WM6.5 SYS, and delete .VM, .ROM, \metadata and replace with the ones from the temp folder.
  3. Customize your ROM according to your preferences.
  4. Now we need to insert in OS.nb the new xip.bin we have ported from wm6.5 builds. Double click the Shell.cmd and enter the command: \Tools\osnbtool.exe -c OS.nb 1 xip.bin. It will create a new OS.nb.new (also mentioned in shokka tut).
  5. Delete from \ROM the XIP directory. Copy the new xip.bin and the dump.exe (from \Tools) to \ROM directory. Drag n drop xip.bin on dump.exe and you will get new dir \XIP and romhdr.bin.
  6. Grab the attached Tools.rar now and replace it with the old \Tools.
  7. Drag n drop the OS.nb.new on BuildOS.cmd and build you rom.

8. If everything goes fine, you will get a NewROM.bin. Rename it to pda.bin and construct the .exe with pakko's tool.
I received some comments that here we dont help and we keep everything in secret, and we dont want to share. I felt really weird and kind of sad reading these comments but anyone believes what he wants.

Anyway have fun with cooking! <_<

Hi Sector,

I just tried to build my first cooked rom and it makes me crazy.

I have 3 questions :

1° In point N°5 you said to delete the XIP directory from /ROM. I couldn't find any XIP directory in /ROM. What's going wrong ?

2° I tried to continue then do the other steps to point N°7 and at the end of processing I had this error messagepost-423622-1243884487_thumb.jpg

3° Sorry but I don't understand very well the point N°6. What do you mean exactly ?

Thanks for you help.

Valentino.

Guest pepech
Hi Sector,

I just tried to build my first cooked rom and it makes me crazy.

I have 3 questions :

1° In point N°5 you said to delete the XIP directory from /ROM. I couldn't find any XIP directory in /ROM. What's going wrong ?

2° I tried to continue then do the other steps to point N°7 and at the end of processing I had this error messagepost-423622-1243884487_thumb.jpg

3° Sorry but I don't understand very well the point N°6. What do you mean exactly ?

Thanks for you help.

Valentino.

1) you have four main folders : ROM , SYS , OEM , and CUSTOMER CSC : in the ROM folder , you should find a XIP folder , an imgfs.src , and ROMHDR.bin

To port a new build , you have to port XIP and SYS which contain different parts of system core : so you should delete the old XIP folder from ROM folder ( and not the.ROM folder which lays within the SYS folder ) to replace it by the new dumped one ( from xip_out.bin ) . The dumping command allows to create from xip.bin the new xip folder and the new ROMHDR.bin which contains the same informations as ROMHDR.txt ( when you manually port the xip ) , but in a different format , because the tools used in the kitchen are able to use .bin files and unable to use .txt files

2 and 3) With the "classic" G'Reloc.exe , there is an integer overflow ( it' s your error ) : before dragging os.nb on BuildRom.cmd and after finishing the Rom customization, you have to replace the TOOLS folder in the Kitchen , by the archive provided by Sector in the first post

depending on the OS on your PC , drag and drop xip_out.bin on dump.exe may not work : you have to open shell.cmd and write

C:\omnia-eng>dump.exe xip_out.bin

@Sector : Hi bro , I use the files you uploaded ( without any modifications ) in the second post , everything is fine , but when I flash , the pop up windows during preconfiguration are grey . as far as I remember what Sztupy said , it means that the porting is defective .Therefore , the rom is able to change the operator settings , connect to internet through opera , phone calls and SMS are working ; most of the applications that I ( briefly ) tested worked as they should ( I didn' t test cab install ) , but I don' t like go on with a defective porting

Any idea ? I think it could be the MS visual C++ 2008 version ( my OS : Windows XP SP3 ) installed on my computer

Edited by pepech