• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Touch Pro 2 on Orange - News

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello guys!

I just though I would add my latest information from Orange about the Touch Pro 2. I have been out of contract for a few months now, and awaiting this phone to arrive on Orange.

My latest call to them was a few minutes ago (10:40 on 18/06/09)

The phone is currently "In Testing" and has been for the last 3days I think now. My understanding is that generally this takes 3-5 days and comprises of test of phone functionality on the Orange network, software testing, and presumably adding Orange customisations.

The only release date that I can get from them at the moment (which is apparently a revised date) is of a Mid/Late June release. This ties in with the phones in testing status. I would hope that by the end of June I may well be able to have the device in my hands to replace my TyTn II :D

Edited by Malt_Vinegar

Posted

Hmmm

So far in talking to CS I have had :-

1) In testing.

2) Failed testing - don't expect it before August.

3) On business "any day now" - consumer in about 2 months.

4) Not going to get it.

5) You must mean the Diamond 2 - there is not such thing as a Pro 2.

Make your own mind up time!!

Posted

Interestingly, Orange Business lists the Touch Pro 2 on their business pages at

http://www.business.orange.co.uk/servlet/S...gename=Business

However, it doesn't seem to be available from the Orange Business online shop yet, so who knows what's going on. At least it shows there's some movement...

Posted

It's in 'limited stock' so they're only selling it to a small bunch of people which is a form of testing in itself. However, several Orange CS members I spoke to informed me that if you go to an Orange Shop where they stock device, they can actually give you a business handset on a personal account.

Posted

As I'm massively out of contract at Orange and want a TP2, I was looking to move to Vodafone Business (they seem to have pretty good deals and I run my own business anyway), though I wonder if it might be possible to squeeze a TP2 out of Orange customer retentions if push comes to shove? Even if they do have them, it'd have to be a free phone and a really good contract - £20/£25 a month - to match the Vodafone offer, which has three months free and push e-mail included. Can't really see that happening, though I'll probably give it a try and happily move to Vodafone if the deal isn't right. Anyone else had any experience trying to get a TP2 out of Orange retentions?

Posted

5) You must mean the Diamond 2 - there is not such thing as a Pro 2.

Make your own mind up time!!

Is it possible the Diamond II could come to Orange?

Posted

As I'm massively out of contract at Orange and want a TP2, I was looking to move to Vodafone Business (they seem to have pretty good deals and I run my own business anyway), though I wonder if it might be possible to squeeze a TP2 out of Orange customer retentions if push comes to shove? Even if they do have them, it'd have to be a free phone and a really good contract - £20/£25 a month - to match the Vodafone offer, which has three months free and push e-mail included. Can't really see that happening, though I'll probably give it a try and happily move to Vodafone if the deal isn't right. Anyone else had any experience trying to get a TP2 out of Orange retentions?

No, but I'm very much considering this approach.