Plantronics Customer Care Doesn't

Guest ScreamingFalcon

Guest ScreamingFalcon

I went to put my practically brand new Plantronics Voyager PRO headset on this morning and as I went to swivel it out, the damned thing popped apart! So, being the good customer I am, I proceeded to request a call from their Technical Support team, which got thru promptly, and talked to a man. I explained what happened and he said that yes, I am still under warranty (well, duh, the PRO model itself is less than 3 months old) and proceeded to offer me a free replacement for my headset if I send it in. I asked the all-important question, "who pays for return shipping?" and he says to me, as if I just insulted his mother's honor, "well, you do, of course." Ummm, excuse me???? I just paid $100 of my hard earned money on this thing and it is broke in less than 3 months and now you expect ME to pay to ship it back to you???? On top of that, when I asked him what I'm supposed to do for a headset in the mean time while I wait for them to replace my headset and he said "well, you should plan ahead for these things." Plan for a hundred dollar headset to break??? WHAT!?!?!?! GAH!!!! Anyway, I proceed to tell him I'm not going to pay to ship this busted thing back to them and to ask to talk to his supervisor, and he informs me tat there is none available and asks if I'd like to leave a voicemail for them. I say I most certainly would and he puts me thru to it and not more than 30 seconds after it starts recording, it cuts me off!!! RAH!!!! I am about to say I am totally done with Plantronics for good!!!

Anyone else had this happen?

Edited by ScreamingFalcon

Guest ScreamingFalcon

UPDATE: I called back over my lunch break and got ahold of a great support agent that actually helped me out in all of this and is going to waive shipping charges by sending me a replacement first as long as I can email her a copy of my receipt! Off to Best Buy!

• 8 months later...
Guest TheLandYacht

As much as it sucks, it's fairly standard these days to pay for return shipping. It doesn't matter if it's a $100 headset or $2000 laptop. You pay for returning it, they replace it. I can't think of any vendor I've seen in the last several years who do differently.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ScreamingFalcon
As much as it sucks, it's fairly standard these days to pay for return shipping. It doesn't matter if it's a $100 headset or $2000 laptop. You pay for returning it, they replace it. I can't think of any vendor I've seen in the last several years who do differently.

I work for Qwest, and we pay for return shipping if your broadband modem dies on you, under warranty or rental of course. Oh, and the cost of our modems? $99.99 at the most.

Also, the Xbox 360 Elite costs $300 and Microsoft sends out return labels or lets you print a pre-paid label if the system dies under warranty as well! So, there's two prime examples of this not being the trend in consumer electronics. I do have other examples, if you want them.

Edited by ScreamingFalcon