• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cyanogen 3.9.6 for Sapphire / Magic (tested on Vodafone Magic)

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Paul,

Can I ask what you have done to this rom?

Have you taken CM's rom and applied your own tweaks or have you taken another rom and applied parts from CM?

I'm just wondering because you appear to have trimmed apps, changed the phone name, and sounds are missing where they were included in CM's 3.9.5

I do love the ROM, though! Compcache works and I've found that it has to be a dealbreaker as far as me keeping a crippled magic is concerned. It allows me to almost seamlessly switch between the Browser and Messages apps without eachother having to reload which is fantastic, it's now as good as a standard Sony Ericsson!

For odd reasons I need to push a /system/lib/libwebcore.so from an older rom (CM's 3.6.8.1) to get Browser to even start. The only other tweak I can think of, is taking the audio config files from another rom, as I am guessing the files present in the rom are designed for the Dream, though I've not made a call or used AD2P to confirm that yet.

Cheers though!

Posted

That's kinda odd... I literally just renamed 1 file in the boot.img to add sapphire support, so nothing should be missing (and nothing IS missing on my magic!). Maybe try reapplying?

Browser, wifi etc. etc. all worked OOTB.

P

Posted

Yeah it does seem odd. I've tried countless reflashes and wipes and even different SD cards to get browser to run with the newer libwebcore.so

I'm not sure if there is some files somewhere that survive a wipe followed boot and system getting formatted while an update occurs. Perhaps something is surviving that is preventing the newer libwebcore.so from working. Other people get weirder problems with their 32B magics, like WiFi not working, the G-Sensor, or even not able to boot the rom at all!

Can you change my forum name to 'LadFromWales' ?

Slowly getting round the many millions of places I visit removing the 85!

Cheers :)

Posted

Yeah it does seem odd. I've tried countless reflashes and wipes and even different SD cards to get browser to run with the newer libwebcore.so

I'm not sure if there is some files somewhere that survive a wipe followed boot and system getting formatted while an update occurs. Perhaps something is surviving that is preventing the newer libwebcore.so from working. Other people get weirder problems with their 32B magics, like WiFi not working, the G-Sensor, or even not able to boot the rom at all!

Can you change my forum name to 'LadFromWales' ?

Slowly getting round the many millions of places I visit removing the 85!

Cheers :(

I have created this howto.

Hope this helps because if very useful.

http://wiki.ousli.org/index.php/Vodafone_H...CyanogenMod_ROM

Regards