[APP] EverApp V0.2 - Application persistence under WM6.x

Guest zman919

Hi there

I have a question for v0.2. Is it possible to make the soft keys on Titanium work with the command line? Haven't been able to get it to work. I've tried the following, all with the same result. Not working. :-(

\Program Files\EverApp\EACmdLine.exe show "\Program Files\PocketCM\PocketCM.exe"

\Program Files\EverApp\EACmdLine.exe show "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\PocketCM Contact.lnk"

Tried both with and without the ".

Hope you can help. :-)

Gnimmelf

hey!

I looking app to blacklist some other aplication (app can be automatic start!)

I have problem with TomTom - when i start it a ActiveSync (repllog.exe) automatic start and crash a TomTom Navigator ...

EDIT:

any testet it @ TomTom app ?

EDIT2:

meh a repllog.exe close a tomtom app :/ so EverApp don't work to me :/ damm it!

Edited by JaCoL

• 3 weeks later...
Guest thescope

Well 6.5 stoped apps from runing with X RAM usage when the level of free RAM reaches a specified size..

If we could stop this from hapening we would be back to normal memory usage without these problems.

The thing is we have so little RAM on the Omnia 128MB today is nothing with the new phones having at least 512MB.

I was runing a ROM with M2D just fine till I started installing stuff and SKYPE in the background makes life hard :/

Guest TheGoDxxxx

Hi there, nice (and necassary!) app u created there.

Sadly it seems to not work that well on my system.

Currently I only have it protect Nitrogen and Opera 9.7 and it

seems to work.

But after a while the phone gets really slow and unstable and I

recive the following error message:

EAService.exe

Win32Exception

CreateTollhelp32Snapshot failed

bei Terranova.API.ProcessCE.FindProcessPID(string fullpath)

bei EAService.MonitorManager.CheckProcess(Object stateInfo)

bei System.Threading.Timer.ring()

Im using the new Omnia II with the offical 6.5 Rom

____

Plus, id like to add a feature-request :)

Since u allready aiming to make this into a full fledged taskmanager, could

u implant a procces priority controll too.?

Edited by TheGoDxxxx

Guest naynada
____

Plus, id like to add a feature-request :)

Since u allready aiming to make this into a full fledged taskmanager, could

u implant a procces priority controll too.?

Sorry folks, but it seems zman (the developer) has gone missing... :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest roisagi
Version 0.2 Beta released...

V0.2 Beta

• EverApp now functions as an App Launcher. Activating a non-running app will launch it.
  • EverAppCmd included, which allows activation of apps without having to use the UI.
  • Added "Manage Duplicates" for individual applications. When enabled, EverApp will detect if a second instance of a protected app is launched, kill it, and bring the original protected app into the foreground.

'

"EverApp now functions as an App Launcher. Activating a non-running app will launch it.

what does this mean?

Guest Scandisk_fr

Hi all,

I try to use EverApp for keep alive Manila 2D on my Omnia with S2U2.

I try so many rome with M2D and i have all the time the same problem, Manila close very often ! probably cause by the little RAM of the phone (97mo).

S2U2 is very important for me and manila is the best managing system for the omnia, many pepole have the same problem and if some one have a solution it wil be great !

please help us to have this two program a the same time ...

Scandisk

• 4 weeks later...
Guest roisagi
Version 0.2 Beta released...

V0.2 Beta

• EverApp now functions as an App Launcher. Activating a non-running app will launch it.
  • EverAppCmd included, which allows activation of apps without having to use the UI.
  • Added "Manage Duplicates" for individual applications. When enabled, EverApp will detect if a second instance of a protected app is launched, kill it, and bring the original protected app into the foreground.

i am using everapp and aebutton plus.

whenever i start everapp - aebutton plus doesnot work:

a buuton mapped to launch an app that everapp manages - does nothing..

any advice?...

• 1 month later...
Guest christophocles

Any chance we will ever see an updated version of EverApp? I just discovered this and I really like it. I can force Opera Mobile to stay open now when I want it to, even when S2U2 locks the phone in standby..

It's still a very beta program, though.. would like to see some bug fixes and features added.. As someone else posted, I do get this error sometimes and have to restart the service:

EAService.exe

Win32Exception

CreateTollhelp32Snapshot failed

bei Terranova.API.ProcessCE.FindProcessPID(string fullpath)

bei EAService.MonitorManager.CheckProcess(Object stateInfo)

bei System.Threading.Timer.ring()

If I put a shortcut to EAService.exe in \Windows\StartUp, then the service crashes with the above error before the phone completely finishes booting up... I also can't get this to work at all with OneDialer or BeeJive IM.. The program loads but once you leave and come back, it becomes completely unresponsive and you have to kill it manually.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a way to just completely TURN OFF all of the automatic windows mobile memory management? That would negate the need for EverApp entirely.. I'd rather manage my own memory, thanks, so quit killin my apps without my permission :D

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest zman919

From the murky depths of oblivion, I have returned (cue the ominous music).

ANYWAY. Just an FYI -- in case anyone is remotely interested I should be putting out a new version of this thing in the next few weeks. As they say, watch this space.

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by zman919

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am glad your back !! going to try .2 on my touch pro 2. I use ACR for call recording and it gets closed now and then and of course I have no idea till I goto play back and call and its not their :-)

will this app also REOPEN a program that is set as protected if it notices its not open already? IE keep alive restarting it if needed so its always running ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest aiiro

From the murky depths of oblivion, I have returned (cue the ominous music).

ANYWAY. Just an FYI -- in case anyone is remotely interested I should be putting out a new version of this thing in the next few weeks. As they say, watch this space.

Thanks,

Mike

There seems to be enough interest in Everapp 0.3. Are You man of Your words or just a wuss? Sorry, but I have seen too many promises unfilled. Nothing personal.

• 1 year later...