Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaulOBrien

3 AUS ROM release for Sapphire

3 posts in this topic

An updated ROM has been released for the Sapphire (32A devices only!) via HTC for 3 Australia... in RUU form (found via xda-developers!)

You should NOT apply this as a whole to your device as it includes a fixed bootloader!

BUT... there is a way to get it on your device! This is theoretical at this point (I don't have a 32A device!), so do a nandroid backup first m'kay and let us know how you get on!

- Download it from this link

- Run it (don't plug your device in) and let it get to the point where it can't find the device - when you get the error pop up, don't OK it

- Now type %temp% to open your temporary directory, and sort by date

- You will see the latest directory has a name with lots of numbers. Inside, you'll see another directory, open that and you'll find 'rom.zip'

- Extract that ZIP to somewhere (e.g. your desktop) using WinRAR or similar

- Close the RUU now

- You can now use 'fastboot' to install only the required files. For example...

- Boot into the bootloader by powering off, then powering on while holding down 'back'

- fastboot flash boot boot.img

- fastboot flash radio radio.img

- fastboot flash system system_2.17.861.2_release.img

- fastboot flash userdata userdata.img (note, this wipes your data)

And you're done!

P

I have a rogers HTC magic running on the Telstra network will this rom work for me or should I be looking for one for the rogers phone? I would realy like sense but I don't want to brick my phone or make it start running on telstra 2100 network... it's currently great on the 850 network and don't want to stop that.

anybody has tried it? Can i brick 32A htc magic phone? and how does it look like? Any screen cap? thanks