10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Dr. dre
3.2 is now available to all!

Starting work on 3.3, eagerly awaiting the official 2.1 drop for MCR 4.0! <_<

P

I knew that you are still there for us. :mellow:

Just too many ideas / too much to do and not enough time!

I also think it's important to start the seeds of innovation and development on a device when I can and then help others get their dev going. Doesn't mean I won't keep updating the older MCRs tho. <_<

P

Guest ronnen

Thanks a million, happy to see some action on the Hero again!

Not to be ungrateful but when I try to download the rom from the main thread I get redirected to www.modaco.com, both for the main and mirror links, any other way to get the rom?

Guest prupert
Ever since using this ROM and all the SMSs I try to send fail. I'm still receiving them ok. Any ideas?

I am on T-Mobile UK

I have the same problem. Lots of SMS, not all though, fail and I have to retry sending them. I'm on the Orange UK network.

I have no clue why, but I didn't get this problem with stock Orange ROM. I am also getting a few random system reboots, but I recon that is app specific, rather than ROM specific.

Guest ToshB

Seems like the latest version only has english language and english dictionary. Is there a way to use the languages from the previous versions?

Guest deeone
Seems like the latest version only has english language and english dictionary. Is there a way to use the languages from the previous versions?

I still have mcr 3.0 zip file somewhere in my computer. I don't know if i can extract languages from there and put them in 3.2. If someone confirm that i can work on it and eventually send it to Paul.

In the meantime search the market for "morelocale2", it will solve the problem (maybe that's the reason why other languages rather than english are not included in most of the custom roms, it's so easy to get the language you need with this application) <_<

If something is wrong with what i wrote, i apologize in advance, i'm using a version of the modaco custom rom with my native language :mellow:

Edited by deeone

Guest ronnen

Great job,

Just installed it and it's working wonderfully fast.

One problem though, cannot seem to connect to any Wifi networks, the wifi itself is enabled but it's failing on every network, anyone had any problems so far?

Guest ToshB
In the meantime search the market for "morelocale2", it will solve the problem (maybe that's the reason why other languages rather than english are not included in most of the custom roms, it's so easy to get the language you need with this application) <_<

If something is wrong with what i wrote, i apologize in advance, i'm using a version of the modaco custom rom with my native language :mellow:

Thanks for the suggestion, but morelocale2 only gives me more languages in the menus on the phone, and not additional dictionaries for when typing SMSes. I´ll downgrade and wait for a updated version (or more tips).

Guest deeone
Thanks for the suggestion, but morelocale2 only gives me more languages in the menus on the phone, and not additional dictionaries for when typing SMSes. I´ll downgrade and wait for a updated version (or more tips).

Well, at least we tried <_<

Guest Dan Mullen
Well, at least we tried <_<

When I connect via an ADB shell in Windows I'm getting the old problem of a garbled display due to the dodgy colour codes, plus I can't remove files from /system due to the "read-only filesystem"... as it's a while since I've flashed a ROM, have I missed something?! Or is there something not quite right in this version? 3.1 was fine.

Guest ZiCoN

Has the browser been installed with a twin-turbo?? Damn it's fast now!!

Hmm.... Can't seem to get the GPS to kick in.. Any1 else?

Edited by ZiCoN

Guest e2zippo

I've been testing out a lot of different roms over these past months but I always end up back with 3.2b5 which indeed is rock solid, You really did some amazing work on that rom Paul!

I'm really looking forward to 4.0 once 2.1 gets out. Keep up the good work!

Guest SketchF

Thanks again for the hard work, Paul. This ROM seems pretty nifty so far... as many others have said, I look forward to your craziness being unleashed on 2.1!

<_<

Guest ZiCoN
Had this problem when going back from Villain ROM. Reflahing radio solved it.

Thanks man... That did the trick <_<

But what happend to my danish T9 predictive text input and the abillity to deactivate 3G??

Guest deeone
Thanks man... That did the trick <_<

But what happend to my danish T9 predictive text input and the abillity to deactivate 3G??

This rom has only english language, maybe the problem is that, for the 3G issue i can't tell...sorry :mellow:

Edited by deeone

Guest ZiCoN

Is there no way to rip the languages out of the mcr3.1? I use the phonepad for texting in general, and use the word prediction a lot...

# or do I need to wipe the phone (again) and install 3.1, and then update to 3.2?

Edited by ZiCoN

Guest deeone
Is there no way to rip the languages out of the mcr3.1? I use the phonepad for texting in general, and use the word prediction a lot...

# or do I need to wipe the phone (again) and install 3.1, and then update to 3.2?

I ask for that too in post #5464, i'm coming from cmr 3.0 (it's multilanguage) and i don't want to lose my italian dictionary <_<