Ultralite 23088/23506, MegAmnia 21872 and Kitchen(28008/23511/23091/21874).

Guest WoZZeR999

I just saw a lot of 'commands' thrown as fact there (not by you). Lioryte, make sure your SMS works on 23049, it may not :). Also, check your camera and see if you can zoom and take a picture with the camera button. Wifi may also be gone.

Yea I know :) I had to leave that forum... :)

When you first posted it I was playing around with it with the first 23049 release you posted just to get a feel like you suggested. Since I don't really know what I am doing I ended up making a ROM (Not through the right process I'm sure, but a BIN file nonetheless) It works fine.

WiFi issue is fixed with refresh/fix crash on WiFiICS (it did take a few tries to install). Camera is working and I hardly use SMS so I don't know if its working.

I downloaded the new kitchen, it's looking good, Maybe I'll play with it a bit tomorrow but I didn't get 174MB only 155MB.

Anyhow, keep it up it is GOOD to see you back keep making that kitchen better

Guest xenspidey

I'm working on the ezinput issue. i can confirm that the ezinputsettings.exe does work on the ROM in post #106 the Spell Correction under XT9 Settings still won't stay changed. It sure makes it tough when you can't extract .rgu files from ROM's. Just have to flash and export.

Guest Rob Storm

Can anyone please tell me what I am missing? I ran EnableXPR.cmd, clear file attributes.cmd, then ran BuildROM.cmd. (Using 23049)

Here is the outcome of running BuildROM.cmd:

Running Platform Rebuilder on 23

Fixing file attributes

Creating rom using LZX compressi

OS ROM Partition Tool V1.59 By W

Sector size : 0x00000800

Extra data bytes : 0x00000000

OS IMAGE found.

Partitions infomation:

Part-0 type: BOOT SECTION image

Part-1 type: XIP RAM Image

Part-2 type: IMGFS file system

Can not find compression signatu

Part-2 inserting...

Part-2 is an IMGFS Partition...

Successfully inserted temp\imgfs

OS ROM Partition Tool V1.59 By W

Sector size : 0x00000800

Extra data bytes : 0x00000000

OS IMAGE found.

Partitions infomation:

Part-0 type: BOOT SECTION image

Part-1 type: XIP RAM Image

Part-2 type: IMGFS file system

ERROR - Can not open the source

The system cannot find the file

Deleting Temp

Press any key to continue . . .

And my buildlog.txt:

PLATFORMREBUILDER Copyright © 2008-2009 bepe Feb 15 2009 22:53:49

Building for old kernel!

Build: Premium

Locale: 0409

Preparing release structure...

... done!

Collecting standard packages and initializing hives...

XIP: 5 packages

IMG: 133 packages

Error: 0x8000000a

'initflashfiles.dat' does not exist in the specified paths!

I built some OEM's using OEM Package Creator 5.4 and placed them into the OEM directory.

Should I also have a directory called "OEM_Lang_0409" in the OEM directory? If so, where do I get it from?

PS: I have not changed anything else except for adding theoem packages.

Edited by Rob Storm

Guest Rob Storm
Yes, you need OEM_Lang_0409, it's a basic part of any Rom. You get it from a rom dump.

WoZZeR, I successfully built my 1st ROM!!! I just started with your clean kitchen, 23049, and your Verizon Stock OEM folder. I know I really haven't accomplished anything special but I now have a base starting point.

How do I remove OEM Apps? Do I just delete them? I really want to get the smallest ROM I can that still has Smart Reader in it. Then I can build my own OEM packages and go from there.

hey woz,

can the oems be in their own folders? or should they be brought out of folders?

ex: OEM/OEM drivers

i am having the same problem as some others.....have a bin file but UMDL doesn't see it......?

also can cabs be dropped somewhere?

thanks

Edited by cmalone

Hello everybody, sorry for kind of just disappearing. I had a lot going on in life, and something at that point had to take a the back burner spot.

Well, in my small amount of free time, I managed to put together a new kitchen based on platform rebuilder, and I have a new UltraLite rom out (Total Storage is at 174 right now, probably more when I figure a few more things out).

For the rom, it's based on 23047:

Removed -

All samsung apps

Opera

Java

Bluetooth Watch compatibility

Office

One Note

IPVsec/Enterprise relations functions

Games

Extra Themes

Transcriber

VoIP

Welcome Screen

Various non-functioning programs

Programs that no longer work with WM6.5

Owner Information and input are hidden not removed (Info on how to get them back)

Added -

HTC Keyboard

XDA_UC - user customization, use the link to find out what it is

12mb pagepool

Additional file system cache

HTX Taskmanager

Titanium Apps - Weather, System, Settings, Launcher, Notifications

CAN YOU PLEASE UPLOAD CAB FOR THE HTC KEYBOARD SHOWN IN THE SCREEN SHOTS.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Hey Wozzer...how do I enable the screen lock while in a call? I tried the advanced config way but did not work. I don't know where else to look.

Or anyone who may know the answer?

Edited by flnfrmn

Hey Wozzer...how do I enable the screen lock while in a call? I tried the advanced config way but did not work. I don't know where else to look.

Or anyone who may know the answer?

That was not cooked into the rom. I have added something called Chobit SmartLock which sorta takes the place of the Samsung call lock.

Guest askani53

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for your work WoZZeR. I am new to all this tweaking and have become somewhat of a flashaholic in the past two weeks. I haven't asked about anything on these boards cause I usually finds the answers if I search a little. One thing I haven't found, though, is how you got the battery in the task bar to display the percentage. I really like that feature, but have not found it in any of the none basic ROMs that I like. Thanks for any help you'll can give.

Edited by askani53

Ok Cook it's perfect and great. Thank You very good Job.

I can porting 23047/410 whitout any problem(???)

Whit XPR all are fluid and perfect

Whit LZX I had some problem, rings, sound and video won't start, in Phone settings Ring results "corrupt" ALL, mine not have any sound.

but I have a big problem after flash:

1) I have correct initflashfiles.dat at line for Welcome.lnk whit 410 customization in Introduzione.lnk and save in unicode ansi... but start icons open a normal panel common use for programmi whitout Setting and programs, only one (1) icon in panel for return to Chome

2) I cant find a way to use a customer.csc after flash (I have my personalization set) nothing appens and I haven't calibration screen, etc, etc, after first boot.

Processing file : E:\Base_Kitchenv1.02\oem\OEM_Lang_0410\initflashfiles.dat

Line 108 - Directory("\Windows"):-Directory("<Esecuzione automatica>")

Line 182 - Directory("\Windows\<Esecuzione automatica>"):-File("bugtrap.lnk","\Windows\bugtrap.lnk");

Line 183 - Directory("\Windows\<Esecuzione automatica>"):-File("poutlook.lnk","\Windows\poutlook.lnk")

Line 185 - Directory("\Windows\<Esecuzione automatica>"):-File("\x0049\x006E\x0074\x0072\x006F\x0064\x0075\x007A\x0069\x006F\x006E\x0065\x002E\x006C\x006E\x006B","\Windows\Introduzione.lnk")

Found 4 occurrences.

Processing file : E:\Base_Kitchenv1.02\SYS\23047\Base_Lang_0410\13918e2a-1e4e-4900-90ac-553c9cd25b30.rgu

Line  81 -	 "StartUp"="\\Windows\\<Esecuzione automatica>"

Found 1 occurrences.

Searched 11723 file(s), found 5 occurrences in 2 file(s)

Thx

Edited by saltino