HTC Leo - Multitouch, Telstra, Firestone, Awesome

Guest l3v5y

The HTC Leo that we've all come to love has now been filmed, with all it's snapdragon, multitouch glory (might be interpolated rather than real) and it looks even better than I thought...

It's also been found on the Telstra website, confirmed as the Leo!

thumb_16-Sep-2009_htcleotelstra.jpg

[Via] WMPoweruser

Yeaah another crappy htc device with no led to take pictures in the dark, every week a reset, and a touch screen wat annoys you more then it is handy....

after the casiopeia, spv orange e100, e200, m500, s200, touch, wiazrd, im so happy with my E75 NOKIA

this device works...

somebody willing to proove me wrong here???

Guest Neil5459
Yeaah another crappy htc device with no led to take pictures in the dark, every week a reset, and a touch screen wat annoys you more then it is handy....

after the casiopeia, spv orange e100, e200, m500, s200, touch, wiazrd, im so happy with my E75 NOKIA

this device works...

somebody willing to proove me wrong here???

If you are happy then we have no problem, but your comments are way off beam overall.

The Leo does have a dual flash LED built in; the screen is now capacitive and glass fronted, and if recent HTC devices are any guide, the build quality will be good.

I'm still unsure about the capacitive screen. I haven't had any problems with sensitivity of the screen on the Touch HD (the odd issue with the responsiveness of the UI, but that's not screen related).

I'd imagine that it's not really possible to make hand-written notes and diagrams without a stylus?

Guest SilentBob

Will there definitely be no stylus? I seem to remember seeing a patent application (or some such) from HTC for a stylus that would work with a capacitive screen. I can't remember the details. Perhaps it was simply a magnetic tip or something like that (but no doubt there was more to it :) ).

That said, does having a capacitive screen also limit the input "resolution"? I.e. still making it difficult to include handwriting recognition, etc?

Will there definitely be no stylus? I seem to remember seeing a patent application (or some such) from HTC for a stylus that would work with a capacitive screen. I can't remember the details. Perhaps it was simply a magnetic tip or something like that (but no doubt there was more to it :) ).

That said, does having a capacitive screen also limit the input "resolution"? I.e. still making it difficult to include handwriting recognition, etc?

Capacitive screens are generally less good for precise inputs, but are generally more sensitive to a touch. Handwriting recognition may be there, it may not be, and I've yet to see any evidence that it is actually a capacitive screen...

Capacitive screens are generally less good for precise inputs, but are generally more sensitive to a touch. Handwriting recognition may be there, it may not be, and I've yet to see any evidence that it is actually a capacitive screen...

In the comments on ai.rs, the guy who has put up videos of the Leo in use says here:

> 2. No, and you cannot use it with a fingernail or pen (capacitive)

While he doesn't actually show that, it certainly sounds like capacitive to me, if it's true.

Guest timeline

damn I want a new phone, but I'm not paying for sth that won't run WM7 if it comes out one day...

this is too early, it'll be over 1yr old when WM7 comes, it will be HTC abandoned at that time :)

plus 512MB of flash doesn't meet the min for WM7 spec right?

still waiting...

damn I want a new phone, but I'm not paying for sth that won't run WM7 if it comes out one day...

this is too early, it'll be over 1yr old when WM7 comes, it will be HTC abandoned at that time :)

plus 512MB of flash doesn't meet the min for WM7 spec right?

still waiting...

It's one of the first devices with snapdragon, and according to some people I know, it should be WM7 capable...

Guest timeline
It's one of the first devices with snapdragon, and according to some people I know, it should be WM7 capable...

I mean, it may be WM7 capable, but may be old enuf that HTC puts it into the 'don't care' box when WM7 arrives.

Leo2 would probably be out by then anyway.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.