mo_sjo

Replacement for my S740?

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My S740 is starting to fall apart at the seams (mainly due to me abusing it) so i'm looking for something new..

I hate touchscreens with a passion. Not used any qwerty phones yet so unsure if i'd enjoy. Ideally looking for a new candybar phone with GPS and 3G of at least equal spec to what I have now. Don't need a slide-out qwerty as I rarely use the one I have now.

Any suggestions? I've been out the picture for a while.

Thanks! :)

Not used any qwerty phones yet so unsure if i'd enjoy.

There's not a whole lot to choose from, WM Standard devices seem to be ignored by a lot of device makers :)

HP do the iPaq Voice Messenger but its 20 key rather than standard 9 key, not sure what that'd be like to use

HP iPaq Link

One thing I will say, I used candybar devices and loved them, I've tried a fair few touch screen but cannot get used to them, but my fav over all is the qwerty device. I've always gone back to my Dash, even bought a 2nd one as I had sold my 1st one after buying the Kaiser. Currently waiting for arrival of the HTC Snap.

Give qwerty a shot, SNAP is probably the best speced Standard device around at the min, that and the S740.

gR