rebecker

Odd Data Message After Hard Reset

rebecker    0

I had to do a hard reset on my TyTN II. Since doing it, several times a day I've been getting a connection message saying the phone is connecting to "T-Mobile WModem Link" even though I don't have a data plan (I use a prepay phone-only account). It then connects to an EDGE data connection for a couple minutes; then reverts to a standard non-data connection. Any ideas why this would be happening and how I can turn this off (especially the message, which is annoying)? I've tried to USE the data connection, but it doesn't work (I didn't expect it to).

Thanks in advance.

-Bob-

Edited by rebecker

zelendel    0
I had to do a hard reset on my TyTN II. Since doing it, several times a day I've been getting a connection message saying the phone is connecting to "T-Mobile WModem Link" even though I don't have a data plan (I use a prepay phone-only account). It then connects to an EDGE data connection for a couple minutes; then reverts to a standard non-data connection. Any ideas why this would be happening and how I can turn this off (especially the message, which is annoying)? I've tried to USE the data connection, but it doesn't work (I didn't expect it to).

Thanks in advance.

-Bob-

To shut off the notice go int start\settings\sounds and notifications and go to notifications then scroll down to connection established and uncheck display message. To stop it from comming on do a search for no data cab. I dont rememebr off the top of my head where I found it awhile ago.

rebecker    0
To shut off the notice go int start\settings\sounds and notifications and go to notifications then scroll down to connection established and uncheck display message. To stop it from comming on do a search for no data cab. I dont rememebr off the top of my head where I found it awhile ago.

Thanks for your response. I found the first thing, but I don't understand your direction for turning off the data. Can you clarify? I'm a little slow-witted sometimes. :)

-Bob-

zelendel    0
Thanks for your response. I found the first thing, but I don't understand your direction for turning off the data. Can you clarify? I'm a little slow-witted sometimes. :)

-Bob-

Here is the cab. Copy it to your phone and then run it

Switch_OFF_GPRS__MoDaCo_NoData_.cab

Edited by zelendel

rebecker    0
Here is the cab. Copy it to your phone and then run it

Ah, thanks. I didn't understand that you were talking about a cab in this forum. Sorry to make you go through the effort. BUT, it's great appreciated! :)

-Bob-