• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to activate HTC Magic (vodafone spain) ?

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have the unlock code and a Vodafone SIM card with internet activated. I put the sim card in phone, tun it on but it doesn't ask me for unlock code !!!! (maybe it's allready unlocked because on the screen appears Vodafone).

When I want to activate the APN settings should appears in the lower part of the screen but it is not. I tried other method of activation - from G1: to press menu buttton after second google user and pass input entered - for apn field appears. No succes this time too.

Phone is from Vodafone Spain and now it's used with another european Vodafone SIM card. I know that after unlock (if the phone is locked) you have to activate it in order to use it (a procedure almoust similar with Iphone activation). By activation I mean acces to phone menu.

Now the language of the phone is spanish. It tells me to activate the phone with my google account in order to use it.

Any idee how to activate ?

From the unlock code provider I have this text as activation procedure:

STEP 2: Activation

Press the MENU button on the phone, on the lower part of screen the option "APN settings" should appear, click on it.

You will see a list of Vodafone service, press again the MENU button, a new menu will appear showing the otion "New APN", select it. Enter your GSM operator network settings here, when done press the MENU button and select "Save APN".

Now you can sign in to Google using your Gmail account. This will fully unlock your android phone!

Ther is no APN settings option on the lower part of the screen !!!!

Edited by paulgsm

just set up a google account and it will work , found it easier to do on the laptop and then just to sign in , if you allready have a gmail account then use that user and password ,