How do you get polyphonic rintones midis working!

Guest LiquidFX

Guest statscat

Midis are a nightmare on the phone, I think the support is at the software level rather than the hardware level, as there is a strange "click" between all the notes in a midi file.

Despite the fact that they seem to sound pretty bad at the moment, they don't need to be cabbed and you can download them by linking to them :wink:

Playing Midi files is a nightmare, even if they are midi 0 the phone is still disgraceful at playing them.

I have tried endless different midi's, they sound perfect on my PC (and on a 7650 i might add) but put them on the SPV and you cant even recognize the song.

If it is a software issue i hope that they do something about it soon!

For the moment i am converting to WAV but the files are just too big :D

Guest shimmip

Where do you put the midis? The manual seems to suggest they go in the same directory as the wavs, but all i hear is an alert sound when I try and select them in the settings (though the fact that I can see them indicates they're probably in the right place)

Yes, you put them in the same place!

You probably arent using midi 0, so the phone just plays an alert sound!

I wouldnt bother with midis at all if i where you, as they really do sound crap!

I am very dissapointed about this!

midi files basically come in three different formats, midi0, midi1, and midi2!

the SPV can only play midi 0, so if u are trying to use midi 1 or 2 it just wont work (you get the alert sound) even if you use a midi0 ringtone it will sound crap, the SPV just CANNOT play midi tones properly! Just look at the tones that come with the phone, they are all monophonic, they sound crap!