USB Device Not Recognised, now nothing at all!

Guest nilmunny

Guest nilmunny
I'm experiencing the exact same problem with my TELUS (GSM) Hero and I have never used any custom firmware on it.

I may have to take it back to TELUS for repair....

Hey guys,

It's me! The originator that started this thread!!

My device started working again what seemed to be completely randomly!! It very occasionaly happens every now and then, sometimes i swap to another cable and that fixes it but i think this is probably coincidence.

I agree that its very weird that we can't come up with a solution as a community.

Has anyone contacted HTC directly? Have they admitted it's a common fault? has anyone identified whether its a software or hardware issue or a combination of both?

Cheers,

Neal.

Guest b_jammin666
Hey guys,

It's me! The originator that started this thread!!

My device started working again what seemed to be completely randomly!! It very occasionaly happens every now and then, sometimes i swap to another cable and that fixes it but i think this is probably coincidence.

I agree that its very weird that we can't come up with a solution as a community.

Has anyone contacted HTC directly? Have they admitted it's a common fault? has anyone identified whether its a software or hardware issue or a combination of both?

Cheers,

Neal.

From all the threads I have read at XDA they say it is a hardware fault and the mainboard needs replacing. Mine stopped and started a few times but now seems completely dead! :-( Will have to try and ring T-mobile to see if I can return it.

I also need to figure out how to un-hack the bloody thing!! ha ha

See here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/in...p/t-559106.html

EDIT: Ok, so this is weird. If I put the original usb cable in a pull it up towards the trackball really far (too far it seems) the phone appears as an ADB device! Looks like a loose connection or dry solder or something... Perhaps others can give it a try and see if they have the same issue!

Edited by b_jammin666

• 2 weeks later...
Guest b_jammin666
If you are facing this problem, you may have a look at this post: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1235366

Thanks for that link, there is some good information there and I think it may work.

However it was of no use for me as my phone stopped charging just before and would not work in fastboot. The usb cable also suddenly seemed a little "loose" too so I think in my case it was a hardware issue. Fortunately I could downgrade to the last RUU and return the phone to T-mobile UK for repair (phone has a two year warranty). Will probably be a few weeks till I get it back. :-(

• 4 weeks later...
Guest shokka9

i have this problem (for weeks), tried everything i know (trust me, i know alot :P), but nothing.

When you try to explain this to people, it like you are a noob (i am NO noob)....

In the end after 2 days (evenings) i gave up. I kinda assumed that it is broke or smth and the only way back is to send for repair/service.

I just use a card reader to put ROMs on now, but i am kinda gutted at the same time. I will sell it soon enough :D then get something. Hero is no hero no more

:P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest opius37

I managed to restore the phone to original factory settings with original rom without root, sent it to htc, 6 days later got it back and its working and i didn't have to pay a thing :rolleyes:

Guest shokka9
I managed to restore the phone to original factory settings with original rom without root, sent it to htc, 6 days later got it back and its working and i didn't have to pay a thing :rolleyes:

think that will be the only route really

:D

good work on getting it fixed........