!!!!!!!UPDATE (8-2-2010) WITHOUT DRIVER WORKS NOW( tomtom working without gpsgate for i900)

Guest weirdo

after 14 months with the omnia this is the first time i have had tomtom working with internal gps with no GPSGATE and it worked perfect.

+1 Here , i was using tomtom with GPS Gate and i really was happy but now am much happier ;) using the internal GPS Com 3

BIG THANKS TO WEIRDO

Guest sonnysonnysonny

Hello all!

I have also a Samsung Omnia (T-mobile branded) and I have changed the registery values.

Only it doesn't work for me, have any one an idea of how i can set my gps in Tomtom.

Do i have to set it on internal of NMEA?

I hope you guys can help me:)

Guest user.user
Sorry for this question but I really and seriously curious about wht you prefer Tom Tom incase of Garmin ?

Garmin Mobile XT already works perfect for Omnia i900, is there an advantage of Tom Tom for Omnia ?

Regads

Nothing, really...! Just human curiosity and strong will to make something work. I've spent days looking in to making this work on mine as well. Later on, moved over to Garmin and used it for quiet a while. Now that TomTom works flawlessly with i900's internal GPS, I'm not even interested in installing it on my omnia. Google's Local search feature is something that keeps bringing me back to Garmin. Something TomTom terribly misses out on. But then, this is only my perspective of it.

Hello all!

I have also a Samsung Omnia (T-mobile branded) and I have changed the registery values.

Only it doesn't work for me, have any one an idea of how i can set my gps in Tomtom.

Do i have to set it on internal of NMEA?

I hope you guys can help me:)

use com 3

setup = start settings system external gps gps program port com3 gps hardware port cm9 acces manage gps automaticly on

in tomtom choose internal gps wait and voila :D

Guest sonnysonnysonny
use com 3

setup = start settings system external gps gps program port com3 gps hardware port cm9 acces manage gps automaticly on

in tomtom choose internal gps wait and voila :lol:

I did that, set my external gps on com 3 and harwareport on com 9, but i have wait for over an hour, but still no succes :D I still can't see any sattelite.

I've a Samsung Omnia (t-mobile branded) is that maybe a problem?

I am using TT 7.917.9186 :D

Edited by sonnysonnysonny

Guest Thomassio
I did that, set my external gps on com 3 and harwareport on com 9, but i have wait for over an hour, but still no succes :D I still can't see any sattelite.

I've a Samsung Omnia (t-mobile branded) is that maybe a problem?

I am using TT 7.917.9186 :D

Try switching off enhanced gps in setrtings

Guest Corwin9S

@weirdo

big, big thanks for all what you do !

I've made a little Morscript with your suggestions to modify the registry...

Please note that this script is with TomTom infos, it's your turn to modify suiting your own GPS Application

Please note you need MortScript installed on your i900

Please note that the main langage of the script was french

Please note that I don't have tested this script myself (but feedbacks sounds good)

Please note that this script may not work

Variables to modify

Path_GPS = "\Mémoire 16 Go\Program Files\Navigator\"

# path to the GPS application (WITH \ at the end + at the beginning)

Name_GPS = "TomTom Navigator.exe"

# name of the GPS application, with the .exe

Question_Lancement = 1 # if you want the question of launch confirmation: 1

# if you do not want the question of launch confirmation : 0

Question_Rotation = 1 # if you want the question of rotate the screen : 1

# if you do not want the question of rotate the screen : 0

Degre_Rotation = 270 # degres of rotation of the screen : 0 - 90 - 180 - 270

Fermer_Connexion = 1 # if you want to force closing connexions as the GPS applications stops: 1

# if you do not want to force closing connexions as the GPS applications stops : 0

Changer_Connexion = 1 # if you want to modify registry that connexions selfclose after 60s of inactivity : 1

# if you do not want to modify registry that connexions selfclose after 60s of inactivity: 0

# (note that this will be effective on next reboot...)

Script MortScript

>> http://www.i900playeraddict.com/ddl/GPS/GoGPS.mscr

Thanks again !

The registry settings is working for me!! WITHOUT ModDriver installed! TNX a lot to the original (german?) poster and Weirdo for bringing it to this forum!!

It took some time (tried different com-ports and resetting the phone) but now it works like a charm.

My settings on a dutch unlocked vodafone omnia i900;

GPS Program port; com4

GPS Hardware port; com9

manage gps automatically on

XTRA enabled

And in TomTom version 7.916;

Other NMEA GPS receiver

baudrate 4800 (I read somewhere it's no use changing it to 9600 cause omnia i900 cannot manage higher than 4800)

Inside house and phone in a leather case it takes GPS 60 sec to connect 5 or 6 sattelites.

Outside it takes 15 sec.

GPSProxy is outahere!! :D

I use TomTom a lot as I am a courier for DHL and tried almost all navigation programs like IGO8 and Garmin, but sure TT is the best and easiest one to use. Also very user friendly.

I only wish there's a fix for the compass that's built in TT because it shows up but doesn't point to destination anymore. Very unfortunately because it was very usefull for me. Anyone got a clue to solve that problem? :D

Edited by raza1

Guest sonnysonnysonny

I got it work, but after a reset tomtom can't get any gps signals.

Does someone had the same problem?

Edited by sonnysonnysonny

:( :( :( :(

ok guys the best post u ever read lol (FIX IN 15 SECONDS OR LESS)

i managed to make tomtom working on omnia i900 without gpsgate portsplitter gpsproxy etc

working for all versions tomtom ok nowwwwwwwwww....................................... :(

first install this driver in device !!!!

GpsModDriver.rar

set in windows

gps program port com 2

hardware com 9 baudrate 9600

acces manage gps automatically

then reset device

back in windows fire on tomtom

select gps other nmea gps

baudrate 9600

then select gpsmoddriver

and in less then 10 seconds your satellites are blue

i have 6 satellites in my room indoor :(

ok have fun cya.............................................................................

......................................>>>>>>>>>>>> :(

................................................................................

................................................................................

UPDATE 8-2-2010

tested this reg tweaks worked for me without any driver

also internal gps works :( :( (INTERNAL GPS COM3 GUYS) AND ALSO SUPERFAST FIX YEHAAAA

I installed TT7.917, but this wasn't enough to make it work without GPS Proxy, so I searched the internet and I found this on a German web site, and it works for me on my Omnia i900!!:

Change these settings in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\InputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\OutputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\SleepOnNoData: set from 100 to 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize: set from 16384 to 1024

The rest is the same as the usual GPS and TomTom settings. I used com port 4 (and 9 for hardware), but you can probably use any other port that hasn't been assigned yet.

Here are the links to the site I found:

http://www.handy-faq.de/forum/samsung_i900..._7_omnia-4.html

http://www.gsmfreeboard.com/showthread.php?t=194983

A big thank you to whoever figured this out :-)

a big thx for doi620 who posted this

Hello

I have a Omnia 2 and I can confirm that this registry fix has sorted out my issue with tomtom running on WM6.5 TomTom version 7.916.

Thanks for your help lads

Guest ´Sephi. :/

Hi,

Firstly, congratulations to these configurations ^ ^

But, I need help because it does not work with me: (

My configuration:

__

TomTom Navigator:

TT7 v7.917 (9186)

Pilot GPS v1.20

_

i900:

com 4 (program port)

com 9 (material port)

9600 bauds

The box is checked in the last tab.

_

TomTom:

I tried in "Other NMEA GPS receiver", COM 4, 9600 bauds,

I tried by selecting Integrated GPS

=>

Result? Nothing, I do not sattellite captures, not even in gray ... What's white! (Not only with GpsModDriver, even in my house I caught the gray sattellite immediately)

From where could the problem come from?

Sorry if my language is understandable but I speak French...

Thank you very much for you help !

Sephi

My settings are:

TomTom Navigator:

TT7 v7.917 (9186)

_

i900:

com 4 (program port)

com 9 (material port)

4800 bauds

The box is checked in the last tab.

_

TomTom:

I tried in "Other NMEA GPS receiver", COM 4, 4800 bauds

You may try another port as well.

Hi, just to confirm I tried the reg settings on my TT V7.910 and they worked fine. I originally could only pick signal under 'other NMEA' but after playing around with GPS port (finally settled on port4 and port9 for hardware) all was fine with the Internal GPS also. I have IGo 8 installed as well and that works fine with the reg settings also. Satellites picked up within 10secs indoors.

GPSmodemDriver does not uninstall properly through the 'Remove Programs' so I had to go into the registry and delete all entries and also all files in windows and windows\startmenu..

Excellent ! Good find guys... :(

Guest lexuz
Is there also a CAB file available instead of using mortscript for changing the register gps values?

just use the program regedit and manually change the values in your registry (it takes about a minute to do so)

suc6

Guest AppieHeijn
just use the program regedit and manually change the values in your registry (it takes about a minute to do so)

suc6

Will do that, i always prefer the easy way :(