Titanium Backup (for MoDaCo ROM users)

Guest Keramidas

Guest Keramidas

Hi all,

As some might have noticed, the Dolphin Browser cannot be upgraded seemlessly to 1.2.99, because the developer lost his google account (afaik). So we need to uninstall/reinstall and all settings (bookmarks etc) are lost.

Question is: Are any of you still waiting before upgrading to Dolphin Browser 1.2.99, fearing to lose his/her bookmarks ? If so, then please post here !

If enough people need it, I could add a special feature to Titanium Backup, allowing seamless backup/restore across these Dolphin versions ! Unless your bookmarks are worthless :D

(Any questions not relating to Dolphin should go in the Titanium Backup thread, thanks)

i am not using dolphin, but it sounds like you already have it done. so i would suggest you put it in, it sounds like a really selling argument for your app... :D you can team up with the dev of dolphin browser, so he can promote your app (would be in his interest too).

Guest Keramidas
What is the benefit of dolphin browser over the bundled htc one? I thought that would be best as it has multitouch zoom?

Not only that ;)

It has tabbed browsing, bookmark tags, delicious support, YouTube video saving...

It's not a total revolution, but it still brings a clear improvement to the browsing experience, imho.

PS: built-in browser is provided by google, not by HTC.

Edited by Keramidas

Guest dwattsy21
Not only that ;)

It has tabbed browsing, bookmark tags, delicious support, YouTube video saving...

It's not a total revolution, but it still brings a clear improvement to the browsing experience, imho.

PS: built-in browser is provided by google, not by HTC.

Just tried dolphin for the first time. Love it, but the touch zoom is awful! Does everybody find this?

Guest masterpfa
Just tried dolphin for the first time. Love it, but the touch zoom is awful! Does everybody find this?

I too am not too impressed with the touch zoom but everything else is so much better than the default browser

although having said that I do like the visual bookmarks

Guest masterpfa
Hi all,

As some might have noticed, the Dolphin Browser cannot be upgraded seemlessly to 1.2.99, because the developer lost his google account (afaik). So we need to uninstall/reinstall and all settings (bookmarks etc) are lost.

Question is: Are any of you still waiting before upgrading to Dolphin Browser 1.2.99, fearing to lose his/her bookmarks ? If so, then please post here !

If enough people need it, I could add a special feature to Titanium Backup, allowing seamless backup/restore across these Dolphin versions ! Unless your bookmarks are worthless :)

(Any questions not relating to Dolphin should go in the Titanium Backup thread, thanks)

I would say go for it, there are an increasing number of users of this browser plus any app that can offer support for other popular apps would always be appreciated

Guest Keramidas
I would say go for it, there are an increasing number of users of this browser plus any app that can offer support for other popular apps would always be appreciated

Dolphin is already supported by Titanium Backup. The issue was that Dolphin 1.2.99 had a different package name than later versions, which caused its data to be lost when upgrading. I could have added something in Titanium Backup to allow for a seamless upgrade, but it seems that almost nobody is stuck with Dolphin 1.2.99 anymore :-)

• 4 years later...