• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance) CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission) ROMs must give full credit to the original author ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Milestone Goods and Other

2 posts in this topic

I just got the Milestone from Amazon US yesterday evening so have spent the day futzing with the real keyboard, trying to get the same applications installed as on my Hero and also learning my way around the phone. The milestone is definitely nice but I have not used a Droid in comparison. I do have a HTC Hero running Paul's 3.0 ROM which I am very happy with. Just a few points I have observed thus far:

1. The ATT Sim Card works but the edge data does not by default. You have to create a new APN file. There is no "turn off Mobile Network Option I can find like on the Hero. I am assuming there is a way to do this but I have not found it yet. Battery life sucked leaving the "always on mobile networks" thing engaged all the time so I'm judging its the same as on my milestone.

2. When I remove the ATT sim card, all the paid applications on the market go away completely even though I have a wifi access defined. That seems kinda strange.

3. Battery life seems rather bad at times. On my Hero with the wifi always going, I could wait a day or two; but the Milestone is hungry for power it seems.

4. The default calendar with different applications for corporate and personal is not my favorite thing. I like the integrated calendar like on the Hero with a Sense UI installed. It makes me more productive to see my google and exchange calendars color-coded.

5. Setting up an exchange 2007 account was easy it seems to me. We use a self-signed certificate and had no issues getting it working.

Overall, the UI is sufficiently different and the keyboard still takes me some getting used to. Root is definitely needed so I can run the market enabler when I travel to India and singapore and to use the backup for root users. The applications run very nicely though and I like the heft of the phone. its a rather sturdy little beast it seems to me and when its "hand bound" you can tell you are holding something. The Hero seems very light in comparison.

Hopefully root comes along very shortly for this thing.

4. I'm using CalWidget for my calendar. It has the ability to see both Corporate and Gmail calendars on the Droid so I would think it would work on the Milestone. It is free on the market.