[3.0.1] AychTeeSee's Vanilla Cupcake ROM - GSM (now with online kitchen)

Guest AychTeeSee

Guest AychTeeSee

jcAhu.png

3.0.1 released! Now 100% sense free, and with working contact sync!

follow_me-b.png

Enjoy my work? Then please donate to fund my development :)

btn_donate_LG.gif

NOTE: This is MUCH different than simply unchecking HTC Sense in the MoDaCo Custom Custom ROM! This is the full Android package- just like a magic or dream.

This is VERY likely the fastest ROM for Hero available!

Hello everyone;

Recently I have been working with Vanilla Android and have grown to adore it through AOSP releases. However, AOSP releases didn't have the speed nor the stability to meet my expectations- so I started working with a 2.73.405.66 ROM and removed the HTC bloatware. The result has been a VERY fast, stable ROM.

What Works:

-Everything in the MoDaCo custom rom. After installation, everything is (even more with 3.0) shockingly stable.

-Unlike AOSP roms, all the hardware works properly and you get to experience vanilla Android.

What DOESN'T Work:

Bluetooth (on 3.0)

Trackball (on 3.0)

Use Toggle Headset App for switching to headset.

Inconsistencies:

None!

Parts of sense that haven't been removed:

As of release 3.0, all sense has been removed!

This is a very stable ROM. It runs lightning fast, and saves a lot of memory.

AychTeeSee's Vanilla Cupcake ROM features:

Apps2SD

Teknologist's 1.91 kernel

Busybox

Nano

Root

Spare parts

...And the rest is pure vanilla Android!

ugidz.pngPfrzc.pngb7xqw.png

With my custom orientation-responsive Launcher.apk!

LPQe4.png

If you want the HTC keyboard, refer to this thread:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...d/#entry1167512

Changelog:

3.0.1: Fixed Google contact sync.

3.0: HUGE changes, now 100% vanilla, no HTC bloat left. Fixed messaging bugs, and all existing ones.

2.1: Fixed root bug, switched base to 2.73.405.73.

2.0: Switched ROM base to my custom 2.73.405.66 release, added HTC keyboard and Android notes app, removed bootup sound, fixed ringtone bug. Experimental!

1.4: Vanilla Android theme (whew! tough), white notification bar. Aesthetic release.

1.3: Upgraded to Teknologist's 1.91 kernel, disabled ramzswap, removed more HTC. Faster. Speed release.

1.2: Added Nexus One boot screen (because I luvs the Nexus One), added Calendar app, and TELUS APNs. Minor release.

1.11: Fixes Google Account signin bug.

1.1: Added the G1 ringtones. Fixed music player. Removed more HTC libraries. Basic calendar framework in place, not yet activated. Added my accelerometer-orienting Launcher.apk.

1.0: Fixed all the acore bugs ;), compiled Android setup wizard, added my custom voice recorder app. Even LESS HTC.

0.5: Temporarily removed white toolbar, thus fixing htc framework issue. Less HTC libraries.

0.4: Added Alarm Clock app, white toolbar, new settings.

0.3: Initial public release.

0.1 - 0.2: Internal releases, porting the apps and fixing HTC dependencies.

Online Kitchen

An online kitchen for this ROM is now available in post 2 of this topic.

Download 3.0.1:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a20abae/n/..._0_1-signed_zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/345609796/Aych....0.1-signed.zip

Download 2.1 (if you need bluetooth):

http://rapidshare.com/files/340207020/Aych...-2.1-signed.zip

Can't connect to 3G on 2.1?

For some strange reason, in Android 1.5's settings provider, mobile network is disabled by default. To enable it, hold the power button and select "Enable Mobile Network". GPS is disabled by default too, this can be toggled in settings.

Cheers!

Andrew

Edited by AychTeeSee

By AychTeeSee's request, an online kitchen is now available for this ROM!

I will strive to update them kitchen whenever the ROM is updated, but it won't happen instantly, so take note of the version numbers below! Also, if you have issues with a ROM you have baked in the kitchen, please check whether you can replicate the issue in the standard ROM before seeking help!

Enjoy! :)

P

Note: the online kitchen is currently only available to my MoDaCo premium members (those who have signed up to MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus) as it is not yet running on an infrastructure that can support a huge number of users. This will be the case for the foreseeable future as the kitchen system is developed.

Update: the online kitchen is now running on new dedicated hardware. Please bear with us as we tune performance and configuration and report any issues via PM!

http://kitchen.romraid.com/bake.php' method='post'>

AychTeesee's Vanilla Cupcake ROM 3.0.1 for Hero online kitchen

This kitchen has already generated [kitchenstatisticsnew]3.0.1-aychteesee-vanilla-kitchen[/kitchenstatisticsnew]

Click the options below to select what you would like in your ROM, then click the 'Bake' button at the bottom of the list. Yes, it really is that simple. ;)

Core Required Files
Core Required Files
  • These are the files that form the core of the ROM and you must have!

Core Options
calculator.png
Calculator installed to /system partition
  • This option includes the Calculator application.
email.png
Email installed to /system partition
  • This option includes the Email application (for non-Gmail accounts).
music.png
Music installed to /system partition
  • This option includes the Music application.
pinyinime.png
Pinyin IME installed to /system partition
  • This option includes the Pinyin IME.
Sound Recorder installed to /system partition
  • This option includes the Sound Recorder application (Note: although the APK is installed correctly, the icon for this application does not seem to be appearing?)

[*]This option includes the Google Voice Dialer application.

Google Options
    maps.png
    Maps installed to /system partition
    • This option includes the Google Maps application. Exclude this if you plan to install a newer version from the Android Market.

voicedialer.png
    Voice Dialer installed to /system partition
    voicesearch.png
    Voice Search installed to /system partition

[*]This option includes the Google Voice Search application.

YouTube installed to /system partition

[*]This option includes the YouTube application.

Third Party Applications
    amazonmp3.png
    Amazon MP3 installed to /system partition

[*]This option includes version 1.3 of the Amazon MP3 application.

spareparts.png
    Spare Parts installed to /system partition

[*]This option includes the Spare parts application.

tether.png
    WiFi tethering installed to /system partition

[*]This option includes the android-wifi-tether application detailed here.

Click the image below to a ROM update zip tailored to your choices..

The online kitchen implements a queueing system which means your cooking time varies depending on the sever load. Please be patient! B)

Guest keefsloan

A nice Rom. Very streamlined. Unless im missing something though it doesn't include the option to create an exchange account, which is something I absolutely need. Is this planned for the future? Great work though.

Guest clarkEEE1
    Hmm looks good. What i've been looking for.

Does it remove the black top bar also? As in... is it the stock white now?

Dloading now. I'll flash it and check it out :)

Thanks!

There's an update.zip theme on xda that makes the top bar white.

Guest AychTeeSee
    A nice Rom. Very streamlined. Unless im missing something though it doesn't include the option to create an exchange account, which is something I absolutely need. Is this planned for the future? Great work though.

Vanilla Android doesn't have exchange support, but I might add it in the future.

I haven't started a changelog yet, as it's been more of a hobby. I will add one for the next release.

Andrew

really fast rom, love the bloated-free look and feel of it, but with time i am getting more and more acore failures, hoping thats get fixed soon. cheers and thanxs for the share mate :)

Guest AychTeeSee

A new ROM release is here! This fixes problems with the Phone app, changes the notification bar to white, and several other tweaks. Check it out!

Andrew

Edited by AychTeeSee

Guest paulosman
    A new ROM release is here! This fixes problems with the Phone app, changes the notification bar to white, and several other tweaks. Check it out!

Andrew

Gonna try it now... interesting to see how it will compare to jnwhiteh's AOSP 2.1 rom that I've been using for a while now

Oz

Guest AychTeeSee

Just a note - I've recently discovered that 0.4 does NOT fix the acore bug: however, it reduces it. It's caused by the HTC Setup Wizard being removed.

I'm going to see what I can do to fix this, please bear with me :)

Andrew

Guest paulosman
    Just a note - I've recently discovered that 0.4 does NOT fix the acore bug: however, it reduces it. It's caused by the HTC Setup Wizard being removed.

I'm going to see what I can do to fix this, please bear with me :)

Andrew

Would putting the HTCSetupWizard.apk back in not fix this then?

Edited by paulosman

Guest AychTeeSee
    Would putting the HTCSetupWizard.apk back in not fix this then?

Yes, but that breaks alot more things, as the HTC setup wizard is dependant on HTC social networking, Rosie, and other HTC bloat this ROM is trying to avoid.

not sure if this connected or not, but i put the phone in airplane mode, and restart it no matter how many times, i never get acore failure, but as soon as i turn off airplane mode, does acore failure kick in.

Guest AychTeeSee

I've turned off the downloads until I can find a fix for a bug that doesn't play your ringtone when you have a call. With all this HTC stuff, I'm considering building Android from source and using Teknologist's kernel. Stay tuned.

Andrew

i have managed to get the acore on the startup to at least stop, i turned off network date synchronization, cleared my voicemail notification in the call settings, haven't setup my gmail account yet. gonna try that next. btw haven't messed with editing apn conf either, just installed .4, will be adding telus info and seeing how that goes as well. still loving the rom. thanxs mate.

Edit:

had to make my wifi broadcast in other to connect wouldn't connect it otherwise

edit2:

gmail, apn, market, so far everything seems to work, haven't had a acore problem again, have rebooted multiple times, hopefully won't be seeing it anytime soon either. hehe

Edited by treese

Guest venturerider
    Gonna try it now... interesting to see how it will compare to jnwhiteh's AOSP 2.1 rom that I've been using for a while now

Oz

You mean jnwhiteh's AOSP 2.0.1.

It's suppose to be vanilla dude, so why will it have sense? the purpose of this is to get rid of all the HTC unk. For force try to disabling your date to sync from your network, in the settings under clock, After I did that i haven't had one force close yet.

after install, it's none sense and force colse local, weather...etc, waitting fix

Guest AychTeeSee
    after install, it's none sense and force colse local, weather...etc, waitting fix

None sense? NONSENSE! :)

I can understand the homescreen closing, but weather? Please elaborate so I can fix this issue.

Also, thanks Treese for the information! It is very helpful.

Andrew

Guest AychTeeSee

Everyone, everyone! I've fixed the acore bug!

It seems that the Google Account creation application was making references to HTC libraries that had been removed. I changed the APK to the emulator's APK and now all is well :)

0.5 is coming with the fix VERY soon!

Guest AychTeeSee

Well, 0.5 is here. It seems acore only crashes before you enter your google account details by entering an google app. That's why the crashes stopped after you logged into your google account, Treese.

Good night everyone!

Andrew